BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Greg Cunningham signs on season-long loan from Cardiff

On 08/10/2019 at 13:31, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

One of Southend’s players of the year last year wasn’t he?

On 08/10/2019 at 15:28, Dr X said:

Really? 

Southend must be dog lol. 

They avoided relegation from league one on goal difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Jesus fecking Christ. We’re now left with one of the worst left backs I’ve ever laid eyes on. Dack aside, probably the worst player this could have happened to given our lack of depth in this position.

I’m hoping that Tony’s ar*e hole is doing some serious worrying right now. 

Nah, he's now got a ready made excuse. Injuries blah blah.

So we've got Bell and Williams arguably the two worst left backs in the division. Not to mention one of them is needed as a centre back. So one left back in Bell - and by left back I am using it in the loosest sense of the word. My word it's going to be a horror show watching our defence. 

23 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We’re now left with one of the worst left backs I’ve ever laid eyes on. Dack aside, probably the worst player this could have happened to given our lack of depth in this position.

I’m hoping that Tony’s ar*e hole is doing some serious worrying right now. 

Quite possibly as it weakens us at centre back as well. Williams covering 2 positions we are weak in means the whole defence is paper thin. If any centre back injured then Bell has to play. 

That said an injury to Graham or Travis would also screw us over big time too. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

So we've got Bell and Williams arguably the two worst left backs in the division. Not to mention one of them is needed as a centre back. So one left back in Bell - and by left back I am using it in the loosest sense of the word. My word it's going to be a horror show watching our defence. 

pick either Hart or Downing, we have played for two seasons with worse left backs.

Absolutely disastrous news, the player I would argue if we picked someone who would cause the most damage by being injured, its him. A monumental blow that will cost us a few places in mid table IMO.

I would go as far as saying that you could argue that only 2 of our players are of top 6 quality, Cunningham and Dack.

Bell has had more than enough chances, hes the worst left back I have seen in a Rovers shirt, and has that fatal mix of lack of ability, and also cowardice and a half arsed demeanour. He shouldnt be considered even now.

We have 3 options, all scraping the bottom of the barrel. Downing at LB, albeit we then lose him as a midfield option and of course its a risk baring in mind he has minimal experience there. Sam Hart, but he looked out of his depth last time he played for us and im not sure half a season at Southend proves anything really. And Williams with Tosin and Lenihan at CB, which means Williams plays in a position he is crap in.

Its definitely time for 3 at the back and Downing and Bennett wingbacks now. What Downing lacks on defensive skills he makes up for by just having a brain to be brutally honest, Bell is terrible and shown no signs of progression since signing. Absolute headless chicken and causes mass panic at the back.

• Like 2