BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Like Limit

bluebruce

Question

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, as I seldom venture out of the football messageboard. But could we please increase the limit on the amount of Likes we can give? Substantially would be good. I'd say it should be at least doubled. Busy posters/readers, especially on busy days like today (transfer deadline...the whole transfer window really) can very easily run out without having given spurious likes. I've also seen people quote just to say they wanted to put a like but ran out, which just creates spam that doesn't need to exist.

I've ran out myself on about 3 different days lately I think, and I'm not one to praise other people easily so I know I'm not giving them too flippantly!

8 answers to this question

• Backroom

I think the reputation system is either hidden or disabled now, so in theory I don't see any reason not to remove the limitation if possible. I think it'd be something for @J*B to look at though, as I believe that's beyond the powers of the mods! There may also be reasons for keeping the limit that I'm not aware of.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think the reputation system is either hidden or disabled now, so in theory I don't see any reason not to remove the limitation if possible. I think it'd be something for @J*B to look at though, as I believe that's beyond the powers of the mods! There may also be reasons for keeping the limit that I'm not aware of.

It can be done, and without the negative emojis there’s no reason why not. I would need to try find out how though. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I might be wrong, but I think you edit the user group, i.e. Members. I've seen it somewhere when I was tinkering in previous times.

Yeah I’ve found that, plus the reputation and reactions sub menu, but can’t find a way to change the amount you can give!

21 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

In the Members group, click on the Social tab, scroll down, and there's a section called Reactions where you can release the default limit (I think it's 10 per day or something), and change it to either a set number or unlimited.

Well done Phil on sorting this completely remotely! It should now be unlimited, previously it was 40 a day... how wasn’t 40 enough?!