BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Two founder members of the Premier League.

Both with 100% losing records to date.

Something will have to give Tuesday night.

For Oldham, this is a free hit so I expect them to field their strongest side and come at us. Even a L2 side might embarrass or current defensive nightmare so I half expect Rovers to be caught napping in this one.

For us, injuries permitting, but whatever back 4 is intended for Saturday has to start against Oldham just as a "Hello, I am Greg and I'm a left back" sort of exercise.

Wouldn't be averse to pairing Travis with Buckley in the centre and giving Chapman a run-out. Would be nice to see Brereton start.

I like that line up. Except I'd play downing on the left, Buckley in dack's position (whod I'd leave on the bench) and then give travis and Johnson 45 each for other centre mid spot as I feel they still need the minutes. 

Perhaps Grayson for Tosin?

• Like 1

Just now, BRFC4EVA said:

I like that line up. Except I'd play downing on the left, Buckley in dack's position (whod I'd leave on the bench) and then give travis and Johnson 45 each for other centre mid spot as I feel they still need the minutes. 

Perhaps Grayson for Tosin?

And lose 3 on the bounce?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Chapman is playing for the U23s tonight, Christ knows when he’ll be with the first team again.

I find it slightly strange that he's playing for the under 23's when we have a cup game against lower league opposition. We really need him as an option of the bench when we are chasing the game, i'm sick of seeing strikers out wide!

Actually looking forward to this any game against Oldham always has a bit of an edge for me seeing as growing up they were seen as a rival because the that lot, Bolton and North End were bobbling around in lower divisions for a decade or more.

Think this comes at a good time so i'd play the first choice defence - not that he knows what it is - but still play the same one as Saturday and let them bed in and let the shackles off the rest. Oh  and here's a novel idea play people in their natural positions and give the team some balance never mind being terrified of what Oldham will do !!!!

I remember a game similar v Shrewsbury a few years back under Bowyer where him and the side came under more scrutiny than they normally would for a game like this, tomorrow has a similar feel about it.

• Like 1

Surely Samuel and Smallwood will get run outs here. Leutwiler too. Nyambe will be at centre half with probably Grayson. Hopefully Chapman ,Buckley and Brereton 

Leutwiler

JRC Nyambe Grayson Cunningham

Smallwood Evans

Chapman Buckley Downing

Brereton

It will be something like this I reckon 

Walton

Tosin           Williams        Cunningham

Rankin-Costollo                                                                 Downing

Evans              Buckley

Butterworth

Brereton                 Graham

• Like 1

A tricky one for Mowbray because he is in some ways in a no win situation. Home against a crisis club who have got off to a poor start in the 4th tier. We need to get up and running  quickly. A defeat to this lot and we go from poor start to awful start and the pressure cranks up. Can he afford to throw in the kids? Suspect tonight's U23 team will give us an answer. Likewise if he goes with a strong Xi and someone gets injured he's going to be in trouble. I expect a strong team as he did that at Carlisle last season and Coventry the year before. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Bonkers if Chapman can’t even get a game here, makes no sense at all 

To be honest Tom I think they are still trying to build his fitness up.  He's not really caught the eye in pre-season and  I suspect they want to make sure that he is not going to break down again before throwing him in at the start of a first team game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Chapman is playing for the U23s tonight, Christ knows when he’ll be with the first team again.

Very odd what's happening with Chapman. Heralded as a great signing at the time and never seen seen since.

• Backroom
Just now, Parsonblue said:

To be honest Tom I think they are still trying to build his fitness up.  He's not really caught the eye in pre-season and  I suspect they want to make sure that he is not going to break down again before throwing him in at the start of a first team game.

But he broke down in a reserve game before at Villa didn’t he?

• Like 1

I think we have to play the starting defence to bed them in and 2 strikers.

Assuming Nyambe, Lenihan, Davenport and Chapman are still out I would go.

----------------------Walton

JRC--------Tosin------Williams----Cunningham

-------------------------Evans

-------------Buckley--------Downing

-------------------Butterworth

-----------Brereton-------Graham

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

And lose 3 on the bounce?

What cos I made a couple changes to the suggested team the post above mine? Behave, have you seen the suggested teams others have put on this thread?

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think that's why they seem to be taking it very carefully with his fitness at the moment.  He didn't feature in the last pre-season game against Lancaster.

So why on earth have we signed him?  

He's been 'in the building' now for six months and, seemingly, struggling for fitness.

We know he's a poor injury record and we should have given him a wide berth.

IMO, utter madness in signing a player with such an injury record.

We need players who are robust and we know will be available for 90% of games.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Mowbray should play his strongest eleven.  Full stop.

We need a convincing win to give us some confidence and momentum.

I would say the opposite. I wouldn't risk key players like Tosin. Our defence especially is threadbare. I'd rather give some of the others a chance.

• Like 1