BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Mercer said:

So why on earth have we signed him?  

He's been 'in the building' now for six months and, seemingly, struggling for fitness.

We know he's a poor injury record and we should have given him a wide berth.

IMO, utter madness in signing a player with such an injury record.

We need players who are robust and we know will be available for 90% of games.

When you've had as many injuries as Chapman has had it's starts becoming mental as well as physical. You stop trusting your body. I was surprised when we brought him back. I like the lad but I wouldn't have signed him without seeing more from him. 

45 minutes ago, 47er said:

Very odd what's happening with Chapman. Heralded as a great signing at the time and never seen seen since.

Does beg the question of why we signed him, because many fans thought his injury record made him too much of a risk and it would be a mistake.

Presumably he's only here because no one else wanted him - and he's cheap.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Actually looking forward to this any game against Oldham always has a bit of an edge for me seeing as growing up they were seen as a rival because the that lot, Bolton and North End were bobbling around in lower divisions for a decade or more.

Think this comes at a good time so i'd play the first choice defence - not that he knows what it is - but still play the same one as Saturday and let them bed in and let the shackles off the rest. Oh  and here's a novel idea play people in their natural positions and give the team some balance never mind being terrified of what Oldham will do !!!!

I remember a game similar v Shrewsbury a few years back under Bowyer where him and the side came under more scrutiny than they normally would for a game like this, tomorrow has a similar feel about it.

I'm the same, I think the first away game I went to was Oldham on a wet Friday night in the away with no roof and we lost.  There were a few Oldham fans at my school too and no one from Burnley.

If I were TM I'd be playing a fairly strong team with 2 or 3 youngsters coming in if the sports science team advise rest for a couple.  I think TM needs to think about the best tactics for the season and play them, like many I'd like us to go for it in pretty much every game.  I thought Dack was good versus Fulham but if he doesn't play then that's where I'd play Buckley not sure he's ready for centre mid yet.  JRC looks good going forward but I'm not sure he's ready to play right back in the Championship defensively but maybe right midfield would suit him.  To be honest I haven't seen that much of the youngsters.

I certainly wouldn't make too many changes as I do think we would benefit from a good, confidence boosting victory.  Plus I only have this and the Boro game to see us win before heading back to the Far East, my unlucky girlfriend who hasn't seen us win a competitive game yet (she's been coming with me every summer for a good few years now) won't be there so there's every chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, starscascade said:

If cant play players at this level to be fearful of injuries what chance is there this season?

Well, I also like to give our younger players a chance to show they are ready to step up, if we can't do that in these games then what games?

We need to be very very careful with our centre backs. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Well, I also like to give our younger players a chance to show they are ready to step up, if we can't do that in these games then what games?

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I know...….Game 3 of the season and a dilemma at home to a league 2 team who have lost both games. WTF have we become????

• Like 3

I think he goes 3 at the back

Walton

Nyambe tosin Cunningham

JRC                                                 Downing

Evans  Buckley  Smallwood

Gallagher  Bereton

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should be beating these with fringe players. 

Boro is the must win game 

We should but surely it's more important to get some cohesion, confidence and momentum.

A good performance and 4 or 5 put past Oldham would do wonders for Saturday.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

I think he goes 3 at the back

Walton

Nyambe tosin Cunningham

JRC                                                 Downing

Evans  Buckley  Smallwood

Gallagher  Bereton

Cunningham will hardly be playing centre half 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cunningham will hardly be playing centre half 

I think if you look at the teams that have most success with 3 at the back, they tend to play full backs in the wider roles of the 3

But they have to be the right type of full back. TBH I havent seen cinningham play much, so dont know what type of player he is.

Just know he will get game time here and he doesnt seem a wing back from peoples description of him, so who knows

Just now, starscascade said:

You willing to bet everything on that? I'll be so miserable if we don't. Nothing down for us

Yep.  My house, business, car, the lot.

But then again, we might just lose tomorrow night......................

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should be beating these with fringe players. 

Boro is the must win game 

Yes, we performed better preseason with our young fringe players than our seasoned pros.

This is a game to play some youngsters, especially in defence given our lack of CBs.

• Like 1