BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, CD_93 said:

Chapman WILL be in the squad for this game.

Good.  The lad needs 90 minutes under his belt.  Let's see what he has.  Seems like he's been wrapped in cotton wool for 6 months and has just been a drain on resources.

• Like 2

So that's him shoehorned in forever now, the new Jason Lowe !

Anyone else think Mowbray is turning into a stubborn mule who'll become his own worst enemy ?  Think half of the stuff with Mulgrew and not sorting the defence was down to pure stubborness to go with his blind loyalty and then it backfired probably instigated by the guy he was being loyal to.

It's a sure fire recipe for all good work to unravel if he's not careful.

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Mowbray should play his strongest team tomorrow. Whatever that is.

I don't think he's really known it since he's come in.

If he plays the same 11 more than twice in a row this season I'll be amazed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

So that's him shoehorned in forever now, the new Jason Lowe !

Anyone else think Mowbray is turning into a stubborn mule who'll become his own worst enemy ?  Think half of the stuff with Mulgrew and not sorting the defence was down to pure stubborness to go with his blind loyalty and then it backfired probably instigated by the guy he was being loyal to.

It's a sure fire recipe for all good work to unravel if he's not careful.

I do wonder if Mulgrew called him out.

• Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Taking my daughter (5 y o) to this one - her first visit to Ewood and first competitive football match. Gone for JW Upper seats, near as I could to the halfway line. No doubt it will be a case of 'Is it finished yet?' well before half time, and the wallet will take a pounding in the club shop, but hey ho, the blue & white blood has to be infused at some point!

COYB!

Hope she enjoys it and is hooked for life. Mine considers supporting Rovers through her school years as the most character testing thing she has ever done. 

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I do wonder if Mulgrew called him out.

Yeah one or two me included have been quick to point the finger at Mulgrew but there is the possibility it was the other way around and he was questioning the tactics etc quite rightly.

Edited by tomphil

1 minute ago, Vinjay17 said:

Strange choice of first game.

Not really - we are 5 minutes from Ewood, and at 5 years old I think the noise and hustle of a full match day might be a little overwhelming, whereas there will be a smaller crowd on tomorrow evening (I would wager!)which shouldn't be too 'exciting'. If she likes it, then there will be more opportunities in the coming months to build her interest.

Are you going? ;)

• Like 3

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Not really - we are 5 minutes from Ewood, and at 5 years old I think the noise and hustle of a full match day might be a little overwhelming, whereas there will be a smaller crowd on tomorrow evening (I would wager!)which shouldn't be too 'exciting'. If she likes it, then there will be more opportunities in the coming months to build her interest.

Are you going? ;)

You don't have to justify it to anybody mate. I hope your daughter has a great night and is on your case to take her to every home game.

I am taking my granddaughter who has been to several games and is now asking questions about various aspects of the game.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

You don't have to justify it to anybody mate. I hope your daughter has a great night and is on your case to take her to every home game.

I am taking my granddaughter who has been to several games and is now asking questions about various aspects of the game.

Nice one! See you there (incognito, of course!).

18 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Why? It's a good a chance as any with the kids being off school to take then to a night match.

You crack on mate got to get them into it and with the price of tickets at £2 a kid it's just the right price for first match as if she wants to leave you dont lose much..... I did the same two years ago with my daughter to a £2 cup match jw upper and now we have st in the river side together!!! Just remember it's not the football that matters it's her enjoying the night so its ingrained in her blood for life, it smells, the lights, the hugs from dad and the blue and white 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

You crack on mate got to get them into it and with the price of tickets at £2 a kid it's just the right price for first match as if she wants to leave you dont lose much..... I did the same two years ago with my daughter to a £2 cup match jw upper and now we have st in the river side together!!! Just remember it's not the football that matters it's her enjoying the night so its ingrained in her blood for life, it smells, the lights, the hugs from dad and the blue and white 

I did the same a few seasons back with the Barnet cup game. Now shes hooked my daughter and have had season tickets in the family stand since

• Like 1