BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope she enjoys it and is hooked for life. Mine considers supporting Rovers through her school years as the most character testing thing she has ever done. 

The only consistent feature of my entire life!!!   :(

• Like 3

Time to try the 3-5-2 again cause we have the personnel and the strikers for it. 

————-Walton————-

--Nyambe-Tosin-Williams—

JRC——————-Downing

———Travis Buckley———

————Rothwell————

——-Brereton Graham——

• Like 1

I know they'll worry about injuries given the lack of depth in defence but i'd still really like to see his first choice keeper and defence again tonight. They really need games together to bed in and let's face it he'll be looking to get Evans back in there at some point so lets see what he can do sat in front of the new back line. He can experiment with the rest of it.

People keep saying TM is old school well this is exactly what an old school manager would do never mind the bollocks of too many games for the modern snowflakes.

Edited by tomphil

we really need to play the back 4 tonight he expects to play on saturday.  No time for experimenting.  Might be an idea to try different thing up front but not at the back or in centre midfield either for that matter. We’re in a self imposed pickle and the only way out is to establish a defensive pattern ASAP.

• Like 2

Walton 

nyambe Tosin Williams Cunningham 

evans Buckley 

chapman butterworth downing 

Brereton 

Really hope that’s the team. Important to stick with the 2 cbs, the more game time they get the better they will be. Would be really good to see how Buckley chapman and butterworth get on, with downing and Evans providing us with some experience. Also a good chance for Brereton to open up us his account for the season and he defo deserves a chance after pre season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Very true.  You can change virtually anything in life, your job/career, the country you live in, your religion, your wife or partner even, but the one thing that is impossible to change is your football team.

• Like 3

4,4,2  Walton JRC, Tosin, Williams. Cunningham, Rothwell , Johnson, Travis ,chapman, Brereton, Armstrong  , 70mins Gallagher Buckley and Nyambe  and make left and right wingers  double up when defending  and get them  make the pitch  bigger  when where attacking. Football is a very easy game when you play players in there right places

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Really hope that’s the team. Important to stick with the 2 cbs, the more game time they get the better they will be. Would be really good to see how Buckley chapman and butterworth get on, with downing and Evans providing us with some experience. Also a good chance for Brereton to open up us his account for the season and he defo deserves a chance after pre season.

You see if I don't think its that simple. In fact I would argue the opposite, we have 2 fit centre backs in Williams and Tosin, they currently don't know how bad Lenihans injury is so we can't afford to risk either of those two in a meaningless winnable game vs a league 2 team. I'd expect a back 4 of

Rankin-Costollo     Nyambe     Grayson      Cunningham

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

You see if I don't think its that simple. In fact I would argue the opposite, we have 2 fit centre backs in Williams and Tosin, they currently don't know how bad Lenihans injury is so we can't afford to risk either of those two in a meaningless winnable game vs a league 2 team. I'd expect a back 4 of

Rankin-Costollo     Nyambe     Grayson      Cunningham

I think your probably right. However I’d argue what I suggested is what we should be doing however thanks to TM we are in a position where we can’t risk it

• Like 1

My punt of a guess at tonight's line up. I wouldn't go this way, but I think this is similar to what we'll see tonight.

I think he'll try and keep Tosin/Williams partnership going in DL absence, give Cunningham a debut and probably lt JRC have a run out. I think Downing will play in midfield like the Bury game, and he'll probably stick Ben Brereton out wide.

1194394885_BlackburnLine-UpPredictionvsOLDHAM.thumb.png.2436a0df21f84f6730282ec8433129f3.png

Edited by JoeHarvey

13 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm on to Grand children now, having one aged five. He lives and goes to school in the Preston area, but already owns two Rovers kits and won't let anyone say a wrong word about us. His mum is a staunch supporter of course, as is his Uncle Simon. 

• Like 2

It's a toss up between best 11 and giving a few players a chance to shine.

Be good to see either JRC or Nyambe make a real claim for Right back, although it will probably be a futile effort.

Would be good to see the likes of Butterworth and Buckley get a run out also.

Brereton and/or Gallagher to hopefully get a confidence boosting goal. 

I'd probably play William's and Tosin just to get some game time in. 

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Nyambe interview on twitter being asked about getting a chance to impress 

The whole tone of it was very much him being a reserve / youth player trying to get a game now and then