BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Tom said:

Nyambe interview on twitter being asked about getting a chance to impress 

The whole tone of it was very much him being a reserve / youth player trying to get a game now and then 

Ya, I watched that at lunch.

He is a humble lad and I just wonder is the fact that he will just shut up and say nothing a reason why he is easy to leave out? 

• Like 3

Can't see him risking Derrick Williams with the lack of game time he's had, but I'd go strong, three games into the season, players shouldn't be needing the rotation just yet.

Solid, with a chance for a few to impress.....

My team would be:

Walton

Rankin Costello - Nyambe - Tosin - Cunningham

Johnson - Travis

Brereton - Dack - Rothwell

Graham

Gallagher, Bennett, Buckley, Leutweiler, Armstrong, Bell, Downing

My uncle used to teach Ryan Nyambe (in Manchester) said he was a lovely lad.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

You don't have to justify it to anybody mate. I hope your daughter has a great night and is on your case to take her to every home game.

I am taking my granddaughter who has been to several games and is now asking questions about various aspects of the game.

Hope she has a great time,my daughter was 8 yo when she was knocked down and received a signed photo from sheared( still got it) well fast forward 20 years she's now a staunch supporter and season ticket holder with her 19 yo sister and bringing her 2 yo son up to be a rovers supporter got to start them young

• Like 2

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

You don't have to justify it to anybody mate. I hope your daughter has a great night and is on your case to take her to every home game.

I am taking my granddaughter who has been to several games and is now asking questions about various aspects of the game.

Brilliant Tony!

My grandkids (God willing) will have split loyalties between Celtic and Rovers, let's hope the attraction of a trip on the train swings it for us, because the football sure as hell won't ?

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Brilliant Tony!

My grandkids (God willing) will have split loyalties between Celtic and Rovers, let's hope the attraction of a trip on the train swings it for us, because the football sure as hell won't ?

Hopefully they will Andy. You have a long family tradition to carry on despite the distance.

I hope you are teaching them Darrenese ?

• Like 2

Not including checkatrade?

When I went to buy mine online on Sunday, think there’d only been about 20 sales in all of NO1.

Only thing stopping it being perhaps, would be if a fair few Oldham fans trapped up on the night.

Edited by Mattyblue

I wonder how many are trudging over the moors to be there to support the Latics? It might be 50/50 which could work either way for the players. Last year we unveiled Brereton just before the Lincoln game at the same stage of the same competition. I don't think there is anything hiding under wraps to be sprung on us tonight, except perhaps another baffling selection conundrum from TM :)

Anyway, COY mighty Blues!

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

I wonder how many are trudging over the moors to be there to support the Latics? It might be 50/50 which could work either way for the players. Last year we unveiled Brereton just before the Lincoln game at the same stage of the same competition. I don't think there is anything hiding under wraps to be sprung on us tonight, except perhaps another baffling selection conundrum from TM :)

Anyway, COY mighty Blues!

Two defeats on the trot this season for Oldham so not many coming over I believe.

I doubt they will be frogmarched down Darwen Street and be singing about "taking over your town again", then blowing a two goal lead and ultimately getting relegated like last time they came.

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Two defeats on the trot this season for Oldham so not many coming over I believe.

I doubt they will be frogmarched down Darwen Street and be singing about "taking over your town again", then blowing a two goal lead and ultimately getting relegated like last time they came.

Well I think only 5 pages up, 90 mins from kick off on a match day probably speaks volumes about the level of interest amongst home fans too...

Ah well, I hope we stuff them, score some absolute belters and make everyone who coulda woulda shoulda gone feel envious of our better (haha) judgment! 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I watched that at lunch.

He is a humble lad and I just wonder is the fact that he will just shut up and say nothing a reason why he is easy to leave out? 

Think it could definitely be a factor. I remember reading some of those features they did where they ask players questions. Lots of his team mates said Nyambe was very quiet, and a few were taking the mickey.

Nyambe said at weekends he likes spending time with his family and going to Church. Kind of got the impression he wasn’t so much one of “the lads”.

• Like 2

Strongest team possible and then bring some fringe players into the fold when the game is in the bag. Usually I'd say a younger team against opposition like this but we need a win and some confidence as well as letting our first team gel.

We cant be worrying about injuries - if we lose a defender, only one person to blame for not bringing in the defenders we had been promised.

22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Think it could definitely be a factor. I remember reading some of those features they did where they ask players questions. Lots of his team mates said Nyambe was very quiet, and a few were taking the mickey.

Nyambe said at weekends he likes spending time with his family and going to Church. Kind of got the impression he wasn’t so much one of “the lads”.

I remember that, it wasn't very nice at all.

I doubt Ryan is part of the 'In" crowd or does the Manchester watering holes with the 'group'

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray looking to the future by including the up and coming Smallwood and Evans.

Or maybe they're getting game time with a view to a recall at the weekend?

With two young centre halves - not a bad call to have two experienced players to (Hopefully) provide some defensive cover for them.

• Like 1