BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, davulsukur said:

Well, I didn't expect that line up

IMG_20190813_184818.jpg

Once again, neither one thing nor the other.

Evans and (is he not on loan yet) Smallwood in their depressingly familiar role.

Opting not to keep his current first choice centre backs in the team? Cotton wool or giving Platt and Grayson their chance.

Fisher should have been in behind Platt and Grayson.

Other than that a team devoid of any spark or even drive. Long balls up to Graham and no crosses.

Let’s hope Oldham aren’t up to much. Should be a nothing game but having started the season badly, Mowbray needs to not lose this one as well.

Just now, TruRover said:

Why we are playing 2 defensive midfielders in this game I have no idea. Would of played Rothwell in there so we have quality on the ball. 

A managers lot is a difficult one - I like Rothwell - but imagine he played and got injured ? Also - imagine Evans or Smallwood had to play in the first team due to injuries - but were lacking in match sharpness ?

Only thing I would have liked to see is Chapman for Downing - but again that may have been to help Buckley

It isn't a team that particularly excites me - but is one that I think provides balance and a basis for our young players to show their worth and build some confidence. It should also be enough to beat Oldham.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Would have preferred Brereton up top with DG and Chapman out wide

Pleased some of the younger lads are in there though, Buckley in the Dack role? 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Once again, neither one thing nor the other.

Evans and (is he not on loan yet) Smallwood in their depressingly familiar role.

Opting not to keep his current first choice centre backs in the team? Cotton wool or giving Platt and Grayson their chance.

Fisher should have been in behind Platt and Grayson.

Other than that a team devoid of any spark or even drive. Long balls up to Graham and no crosses.

Let’s hope Oldham aren’t up to much. Should be a nothing game but having started the season badly, Mowbray needs to not lose this one as well.

I take it you're halfway through your pre match pint Stuart and bemoaning the fact that half of it has gone, rather than looking forward to the other half that's left?! ? 

A blend of youth and experience is what most managers look for in their team isn't it?

Buckley can offer drive and spark can't he, and Downing the crosses?

Shame I can't be there tonight but I'll be keeping a keen eye on things from deepest darkest Cheshire!

COYB!!

• Like 3

First trip to Ewood this season and think I'll try out the new menu. Can't complain about prices without quality...

Erm...

40 minutes to kick-off and the pies  "aren't ready". I can forgive many things but 6 servers watching a stack of pies warm up? Piss take...

Edited by Riverside under the drip

Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

First trip to Ewood and think I'll try out the new menu. Can't complain about prices without quality...

Erm...

40 minutes to kick-off and the pies  "aren't ready". I can forgive many things but 6 servers watching a stack of pies warm up? Piss take...

I hope they are worth the wait! Enjoy Ewood :rover:

• Like 2

I don’t have any problem with Smallwood playing it’s just what the f is the point in paying those two holding mids against league 2 opposition? Why can’t we play Buckley there (if can’t be trusted to play cm vs Oldham at home then Mowbray will never trust him there) the team looks quite slow now and what happenes to becoming a passing team? 

Buckley in centre mid and play JRC as one of the attacking 3. 

Glad I waited to see the team before buying a ticket

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I don’t have any problem with Smallwood playing it’s just what the f is the point in paying those two holding mids against league 2 opposition? Why can’t we play Buckley there (if can’t be trusted to play cm vs Oldham at home then Mowbray will never trust him there) the team looks quite slow now and what happenes to becoming a passing team? 

Buckley in centre mid and play JRC as one of the attacking 3. 

Glad I waited to see the team before buying a ticket

Just now, pick32 said:

Think playing Evans and Smallwood is a good move, whilst not the most exciting pair will offer the two young CBs cover,

excited to see how Buckley does and hope Chapman gets some minutes.

Fans eh?! ?

• Like 2

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

I take it you're halfway through your pre match pint Stuart and bemoaning the fact that half of it has gone, rather than looking forward to the other half that's left?! ? 

A blend of youth and experience is what most managers look for in their team isn't it?

Buckley can offer drive and spark can't he, and Downing the crosses?

Shame I can't be there tonight but I'll be keeping a keen eye on things from deepest darkest Cheshire!

COYB!!

You’re not here? Oh.

Tonight I’d have picked a strong side or a youthful one.

Our engine room has all the drive of a Sherman tank if it was made out of wet paper towels.

Buckley is about the only one of our midfielders who isn’t due a hip replacement.

And our warm up looks like a Year 9 P.E. lesson with Lowe tooting on his sergeant major whistle. Just missing Brereton stood on the side in his school uniform, hopping from foot to foot, shivering, with his arms folded because he forgot his P.E. kit.

Besides, everyone knows the first half of the pint is the best half! ;) 

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Smallwood ??

Haven't scored a goal from open play and had what 2 shots on target. Let's play the crabs in CDM and CDM vs the team bottom of the football league, at home.

Hope it's a good result for the back 4, Brereton, Buckley etc... for Mowbray, I couldn't care less if we lose and boos ring his ears.

• Like 1

Why wouldn’t Mowbray take the opportunity of blending together a defence who have so far played 1 game together?  Ridiculous decision. In past years he’s played reasonably strong cup teams and tonight, when we need to build a team, he changes all 11.  Tit!

Just now, Mike E said:

Are we playing an unnecessarily narrow 4 3 1 2?

He likes narrow, that’s why one or two shots on target in 2 games has happened. 

With no overlapping full backs who can’t put a cross in to save their lives, I could sort out a system to defend against it.  Simple.