BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely. A proper flat 4 in midfield. Bollocks to accommodating Armstrong with this wide forward nonsense. I’d have said Downing ahead of Chapman, but either would do just fine for me.

Walton

Nyambe   Tosin   Williams   Cunningham

Chapman  Travis  Johnson  Rothwell

Dack

Graham

Not a chance, but I’d love that lineup on Saturday.

That's our best side imo, even accounting for injuries. It's amazing how different the midfield looks with Johnson in it.

Nothing to celebrate we need to still improving if we want to have any chance againg sheffield united and on league that is to much more important we have to win against boro somethind that is veey possible and doable to me....

The best part of this is that Downing still showing that he will be much more important to us that we belived and that are reilable players that  could start pushing tonhave more minutes on the first 11 like chapman he deserves a chance anyway a victoryis a victory and we really needed this for a positive change on mentality.

#TheMexicanRover 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#COYBB 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Hahahahah mate. Leave it. This is coming from the young lads and Jonty. I’ll trust them on this one thanks ??

You’ll trust hearsay over facts?

Players will never say anything bad against their manager in public - especially to fans - and particularly youngsters.

I guess we do need to leave it.

DG should be starting home games, the slightly strange part about it all is that TM has told us the same numerous times (also acknowledging that away from home he needs someone more mobile). So what does he do first game of the season against a newly promoted team who we knew would defend deep with 2 banks of 4 and wed have 65% possession..? Not play DG?!

Sounded like an exciting 2nd half. Glad that downing has done more then Whittingham already then in that whole league 1 season. Even if he doesn't play all the time, you'd expect him to bang in the odd long ranger and get a few assists.

I guess TM is thinking of life without DG but with our (on paper), tough start with regards to fixtures, he should be sticking to what we know until we get some points on the board and some momentum before pushing this new system. I was very surprised to see Gallagher straight into the team against Charlton. It should be DG and then one of either Gallagher or Brereton coming on to replace him later in the game.

We really do have to stop with strikers on the wing as well. Chapman got some minutes, Rothwell helped save the day, Downing has looked fairly solid and then we have Armstrong who out of the striker turned wingers, looks the best of them mainly because he has some pace. Gallagher and BB should be competing directly with eachother and Graham for the lone role.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

You’ll trust hearsay over facts?

Players will never say anything bad against their manager in public - especially to fans - and particularly youngsters.

I guess we do need to leave it.

Which facts are those? The fact that Mowbray has given more U23s debuts than any other Rovers manager in the last 30yrs? The fact that he leads a management team who seek investment into retaining the academy CAT A status? The fact that he’s the first Rovers manager in modern history who watches youth training and matches everyday and makes himself available to speak to those young players everyday? The fact that he lead the call for Jonty to come into the first team set up with considerable expense attached because he wanted to improve the pipeline of young players into the first team and introduce analysis based coaching?

The person I was attending with has the full confidence of the young players. But yeah, I’ll take the opinions of the CEO and the players over someone who sees from afar and has no actual knowledge or direct dealings with anyone.

There’s lots to be concerned about as a Rovers fan at the mo. Trust me when I say this is not one of them.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Which facts are those? The fact that Mowbray has given more U23s debuts than any other Rovers manager in the last 30yrs? The fact that he leads a management team who seek investment into retaining the academy CAT A status? The fact that he’s the first Rovers manager in modern history who watches youth training and matches everyday and makes himself available to speak to those young players everyday? The fact that he lead the call for Jonty to come into the first team set up with considerable expense attached because he wanted to improve the pipeline of young players into the first team and introduce analysis based coaching?

The person I was attending with has the full confidence of the young players. But yeah, I’ll take the opinions of the CEO and the players over someone who sees from afar and has no actual knowledge or direct dealings with anyone.

There’s lots to be concerned about as a Rovers fan at the mo. Trust me when I say this is not one of them.

Mowbray’s transfer failings and injuries/suspensions have forced his hand in having to play youngsters. Needs must. How many has he successfully inducted? One. Bowyer has a better record of utilising the academy. Even last night, Lenihan, Bennett and Adarabioyo all injured - or is Mowbray choosing to blood the youngsters and exaggerating the injuries? Which is it?

If you take Waggott or even Mowbray at his word and not his actions - and listen to players (I’ve already explained why this is folly) then you are fooling yourself.

It’s no surprise that you are apparently well connected at the club. Those who champion failure on here usually are. However, if someone changes your objectivity as a poster.

• Like 1

BB was awful. No pace, no touch, no physicality, no aerial presence, missed a sitter.

I was hoping he’d show some promise against a team bottom of the 4th division, he didn’t. Think some of you are desperate to find anything that gives us hope he won’t be a massive flop, but it wasn’t on display last night.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray’s transfer failings and injuries/suspensions have forced his hand in having to play youngsters. Needs must. How many has he successfully inducted? One. Bowyer has a better record of utilising the academy. Even last night, Lenihan, Bennett and Adarabioyo all injured - or is Mowbray choosing to blood the youngsters and exaggerating the injuries? Which is it?

If you take Waggott or even Mowbray at his word and not his actions - and listen to players (I’ve already explained why this is folly) then you are fooling yourself.

It’s no surprise that you are apparently well connected at the club. Those who champion failure on here usually are. However, if someone changes your objectivity as a poster.

I’m a lifelong fan who happens to have a bit of real insight into how things actually work Stu. That’s not ‘championing failure’ it’s real life. Suck it up.

As Iv said, many of your / our concerns are valid. The biggest one not being mentioned is exactly what happened between Mowbray and the lads transfer deadline day resulting in Mulgrew going and Lenihans ‘injury’ as well as being overlooked for the captaincy....can’t get a bean out of anyone re that!!

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

BB was awful. No pace, no touch, no physicality, no aerial presence, missed a sitter.

I was hoping he’d show some promise against a team bottom of the 4th division, he didn’t. Think some of you are desperate to find anything that gives us hope he won’t be a massive flop, but it wasn’t on display last night.

I agree 100%. He was non existent the whole game and only popped up four times to miss glaring chances! Was a bit unlucky with the handball.

I still can’t work out what type of striker he is...

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Quite frankly he was embarrassing, much worse than the centre halves who were called out. I just don't see anything at all in him that gives me confidence that will ever be a player. For a professional footballer his body strength is pitiful, I lost count of the times he was knocked off the ball.

All things considered he is becoming a huge headache for Mowbray as the huge fee he paid hangs around his neck like a millstone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

How did Oldhams right back play ??

I only noticed him late in the second half. Mowbray switched Chapman from right to left a few minutes after he came on. This seemed odd as Chapman clearly had the beating of the left back.

The right back instantly seemed to have Chapman's number. He matched him for pace and wasn't sold by two 'nutmeg' attempts. I was very impressed with him. Physical, fast and scrappy. Chapman quickly lost the confidence to take him on which he can be prone to when his pace is matched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m a lifelong fan who happens to have a bit of real insight into how things actually work Stu. That’s not ‘championing failure’ it’s real life. Suck it up.

As Iv said, many of your / our concerns are valid. The biggest one not being mentioned is exactly what happened between Mowbray and the lads transfer deadline day resulting in Mulgrew going and Lenihans ‘injury’ as well as being overlooked for the captaincy....can’t get a bean out of anyone re that!!

There is definitely something behind Lenihan being overlooked and Mowbray loaning out Mulgrew last minute.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet we are.

We just have to be with the players at our disposal at a time when Mowbray is carrying out major experimentation with the 'defence'

Stick with what works. I think this may be DGs final season as a starter so Mowbray's mental investment in BB and Gallagher will be fully exposed soon enough, if not already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I think he has put himself up as a target in respect of the expectations he’s raised Glen. I also think he might end up losing his job...but I spoke to Waggot pre match and sat behind him, Suhail and Cheston and they didn’t seem or look too concerned. 

Depressing to hear.

They bloody well should be.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Started off up front with Graham, bafflingly, on the LW. Start of the second half he was up front with Graham in a two. Once the subs came on I've no idea - somewhere in the final third, but often drifting towards the left. 

Thanks. That's worse than Bereton out wide. Graham on the wing??? He's loosing it. Graham has none of the qualities of a winger. Madness! 

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

And you’ve just explained why you want nothing to change, you’re in there and you want to keep it that way. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture, Mowbray is failing.

• Like 1