BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Last season it was when will he let rothwell off the leash.

I think the mantra for this year, is when will he finally let this entire team off the leash.

So much to like about the options we have, yet it seems like we will never see the best of them together in a system that suits everyone

• Like 2

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Last season it was when will he let rothwell off the leash.

I think the mantra for this year, is when will he finally let this entire team off the leash.

So much to like about the options we have, yet it seems like we will never see the best of them together in a system that suits everyone

Not while he's here i'm afraid. 

it will take another manager to let them off the leash. We are going nowhere with this bloke.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I think he has put himself up as a target in respect of the expectations he’s raised Glen. I also think he might end up losing his job...but I spoke to Waggot pre match and sat behind him, Suhail and Cheston and they didn’t seem or look too concerned. 

His demeanour has changed (TM) it changed post pune tbh waggott and Mowbray started to downplay expectations having previously raised them. I suspect the owners want nothing to with a relegation battle this season and might pot Mowbray before we become seriously embroiled in one. I don't think it will be this weekend if we lose, but if performances carry on as they are I think he'll be toast by November. Unless they've already got someone in mine and lined up which I doubt.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Did Smallwood have a bit of a strop when he got brought off? Saw on twitter something about it 

For anybody not there Smallwood was a 'victim' of the new law change whereby a player being substituted has to go off at the nearest point. In Smallwoods case this was an empty Riverside and he opted to walk in front of the Blackburn End and JW Lower. In fairness he got a decent reception and he reciprocated but he did appear to go straight down the tunnel without acknowledging anybody on the bench. He didn't appear to be injured neither.

This new sub rule is just asking for fan confrontation, he went off at the Riverside touchline and wandered past the BEnd and JW to the tunnel.

Have to say though, despite having had a stinker and losing to a fourth division side he still had his name sung as he trudged past.

’Just get behind the lads FFS’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, he did. His goal completely changed the game. We were going out until he stepped up with the quality to score it. We don't have many others who would have been able to do that. 

Eh? Did Dack not have any contribution to the goal, both in the way the goal came about and the way he had change the dynamic of the game to allow others more space? I'd say Dack and Rothwell between them changed the game.

But if you think Downing single-handedly changed that game fair enough. 

Edited by Hasta

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Eh? Did Dack not have any contribution to the goal, both in the way the goal came about and the way he had change the dynamic of the game to allow others more space? I'd say Dack and Rothwell between them changed the game.

But if you think Downing single-handedly changed that game fair enough. 

Of course Dack had somehting to do with it. I never said he didn't. He played the ball back and got fouled in the process. 

If a player puts a shot in from 25 yards in the last minute of the game to keep you in the cup, I would say they changed the game pretty much single handedly. If he didn't do it, for all Dack and Rothwells influence, we were out. 

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

His demeanour has changed (TM) it changed post pune tbh waggott and Mowbray started to downplay expectations having previously raised them. I suspect the owners want nothing to with a relegation battle this season and might pot Mowbray before we become seriously embroiled in one. I don't think it will be this weekend if we lose, but if performances carry on as they are I think he'll be toast by November. Unless they've already got someone in mine and lined up which I doubt.

Ya, I wonder did it go something like "you need to get rid of players before you sign any. Yes, that includes guys you gave fat new contracts to who are not good enough at championship level. Oh ya and if you don't compete for the play offs, you will get sacked" 

Something changed alright 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of course Dack had somehting to do with it. I never said he didn't. He played the ball back and got fouled in the process. 

If a player puts a shot in from 25 yards in the last minute of the game to keep you in the cup, I would say they changed the game pretty much single handedly. If he didn't do it, for all Dack and Rothwells influence, we were out. 

Dack scored 1 and had 2 assists. His goal, our first, changed the momentum of the game and he gifted the winner to Rothwell. I would say that changed the game pretty much single-handedly.

Great shot by Downing though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

This new sub rule is just asking for fan confrontation, he went off at the Riverside touchline and wandered past the BEnd and JW to the tunnel.

Have to say though, despite having had a stinker and losing to a fourth division side he still had his name sung as he trudged past.

’Just get behind the lads FFS’.

The rule wasnt enforced at Fulham where from memory every sub left the pitch by the bench rather than behind the goals or the far touchline. Mind you that was the least of Stroud's faults.

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

It'll be Johnno.

Just now, SoldierMo said:

I feel there is more to it than jonno just moving up hopefully it is to takeover

Not quite sure on this clamour for Johnson to take over. Did well with the under 23s yes but it's a completely different animal compared to the championship or league football in general. I personally don't want Mowbray as manager anymore but Johnson replacing him is very risky in such a competitive league.

• Like 4

Just now, SoldierMo said:

But seems to be more tactically astute

Again for that level. Agreed that Mowbray is tactically inept, I'd just rather we went for someone more experienced than Johnson. I don't think we're stable enough in the league to be taking risks

Edited by Theaxe15
  • Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Not quite sure on this clamour for Johnson to take over. Did well with the under 23s yes but it's a completely different animal compared to the championship or league football in general. I personally don't want Mowbray as manager anymore but Johnson replacing him is very risky in such a competitive league.

Where's the clamour for Johnson to succeed? My post above simply refers to the likelihood of Venkys appointing him.

We all accept there is a risk.

However there's no risk about Mowbray---relegation struggle for sure.

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

Where's the clamour for Johnson to succeed? My post above simply refers to the likelihood of Venkys appointing him.

We all accept there is a risk.

However there's no risk about Mowbray---relegation struggle for sure.

Didn't see your specific post to be honest. Just read from a few people on here 

I think people are being a bit harsh on Brereton, sure he didn't have a great game but he did show a few nice touches in the first half, his run to get on DG's great through ball was good and although his first touch there wasn't great it did look like he got clipped.  He would have had a goal if there wasn't a handball on the line missed by the ref.  He does need a little luck but he wasn't hopeless.

Watching the highlights it doesn't show on the first goal if Platt had gone to the ball he would have left his man free in the middle for an easier shot though perhaps he could have done better, with TM pushing the full backs upfield we can't afford to give it away so easily in the middle (Smallwood).

Grayson didn't look super solid at the back but did put in a few very nice passes.

We didn't play DG on the left as someone else suggested, we started with a narrow 442 with Buckley on the left but we were quite fluid.

• Like 2