BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

You call it depressing, I call it realistic, and currently the only system we have which actually gets us two goals a game. This new system might be nice in theory, but it ain't feckin working, and if we keep trying to make it work, we could be in for a dog fight when it doesn't. I'd rather finish 15th playing with Graham up front, than lower playing "nice" football with BB and SG up top.

Magloire gave away a goal making his debut for Rochdale last night. He was trying to play nice football and got caught in possession.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I wonder did it go something like "you need to get rid of players before you sign any. Yes, that includes guys you gave fat new contracts to who are not good enough at championship level. Oh ya and if you don't compete for the play offs, you will get sacked" 

Something changed alright 

I'd be saying the same thing. We need to get a few off the pay roll sharpish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That first one was unbelievable - Junior School stuff.

Agree. Smallwood poor ball, Buckley had no way of dealing with it, Nyambe way out of position.

Cant take away from the finish though.

Second one; utterly farcical, and seemingly Buckley ended up RWB...

Was Brereton clipped when through on goal. 

Just watched the extended highlights and 1-0 down he’s clean through on goal and seemed to do one of the worst dives I have ever seen. The ref seemed to think he dived also as no foul was given. I would of dragged him for that alone.

what was he thinking

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Just watched the extended highlights and 1-0 down he’s clean through on goal and seemed to do one of the worst dives I have ever seen. The ref seemed to think he dived also as no foul was given. I would of dragged him for that alone.

what was he thinking

First touch let him down and think he made the most of the faintest of clips to go down. 

All is not well with Tony, falling out with folk that he used to be loyal too, his inner circle is getting tighter and smaller. Making some quite simply barking decisions in both transfer market and tactics, there is those in the inside that want a change and those who are scared that if he went they would too. Mowbray is getting jumpy tho, despite his strong position with waggot, I think it’s unlikely he is still here in a year 

• Like 2

If he's still here in a year it seems clear that Rovers will be in an even worse position. I can't comment on performance as I don't attend matches and won't comment based just on listening on the radio or watching on TV, but when even normally very supportive and football intelligent fans like PB are questioning his team choice and tactics it's hard to see him being in a job much longer. The prospect of who might follow him still terrifies me though

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Complete twat though to be tweeting stuff like that. 

Quite flattering that the obvious highlight of his career appears to be scoring against Lancashire's Only Premier League Champions - I'm guessing nothing will change in the next 10 years to alter that either.  Also, not sure why Nob End think they are suddenly our massive rivals?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

what was he thinking

In real time I thought he stumbled over the ball but I had a side on view from the JW Upper.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

All is not well with Tony, falling out with folk that he used to be loyal too, his inner circle is getting tighter and smaller. Making some quite simply barking decisions in both transfer market and tactics, there is those in the inside that want a change and those who are scared that if he went they would too. Mowbray is getting jumpy tho, despite his strong position with waggot, I think it’s unlikely he is still here in a year 

Who is left in his inner circle? 

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

what was he thinking

“I’m never going to reach the goal before a tackle comes in - shit!”

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sadly apparently so.

Will be interesting if we get a repeat of the haunted look on Thursday he had in the Oldham pre-match presser.

The Graham as a left winger tactic is the oddest thing and the biggest sign he is losing it imo. All his other decisions are bad and wrong but not so left field (pardon the pun) as to be madness. 

The centre back situation is stupid - especially with Lenihen's record - but there is a very miniscule chance no more than one CB gets injured. (Actually I don't think there is on reflection but it is theoretically possible that the injuries won't coincide.) 

Bennett has played a couple of games at RB as cover before so whilst appalling again there is a bit of previous - it's not totally new. Again, you'd like to thing performances and more than the occasional game there would factor into the decision but still. 

Graham at left mid though? Why? We've a few players who can play there instead. Graham has to my knowledge never played there before. His main ability is his areal prowess and holding up the ball. He has no pace and isn't really creative. Graham has been great foil for the person in the hole role. So why on earth randomly stick him on the wing, nullifying his strengths, highlighting his weaknesses in a complely new position. At best it is an experiment. But with the raft of players who can play left mid and a host of strikers more suited than Graham to left mid (although not that suited at all, just better than Graham) and Graham being our best target man what's the point in the experiment? It's the most inappropriate badly thought through idea since... Well since the 3 centre backs only idea. This isn't bad judgement but plain stupidity. 

• Like 1

It was shocking performance tbh. 

1st half, no tempo, no movement, Smallwood and Evans too deep and Nyambe very poor at right back. Nyambe has no confidence at all. Downing on the right didn't work cos he was too deep and kept cutting in all the time. Buckley look lost on the left. Brereton should have score at least 1 but I do feel that he has never played properly by Mowbray and was signed when Mowbray couldn't get Gallagher last summer.

2nd half, things changed when Rothwell, Chapman and Dack came on. Dack wanted it last night for the 1st time all season and look like he had a point to prove. Goals well taken by Dack, Downing and Rothwell. 

I feel sorry for Platt and Grayson cos both need an experience centre back next to them. Not young player. 

I was impressed by Cunningham tho. 

Mowbray got lucky last night cos his starting team wasn't right. They was no angry towards Mowbray from where I sit in Blackburn End by the fans. But fans around me did discuss certain players not good enough like Smallwood and Evans. Smallwood was angry he was subbed off. Walk down the tunnel but did come back to watch the rest of the team. We also discussed how slow we played tempo wise. Plus we did discuss whether he will be here if results continue to be poor. I think the owners will give him to the international window in October. Then decide if he is the right man for the promotion bid. I will discuss alot more in the Mowbray Out about my overall view on him 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray just can't help himself. He really does seem to think winger and striker are interchangable in terms of attributes. It's total madness. 

He thinks the same about central midfielders and full backs, full backs and centre backs, centre midfielders and wingers so fair’s fair.

Jacks of all trades valued over masters.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

He thinks the same about central midfielders and full backs, full backs and centre backs, centre midfielders and wingers so fair’s fair.

Jacks of all trades valued over masters.

Nothing wrong with having a few versatile players in your team, but when you try to make the whole team into versatile jacks of all trades it just weakens everybody.

• Like 1