2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

His demeanour has changed (TM) it changed post pune tbh waggott and Mowbray started to downplay expectations having previously raised them. I suspect the owners want nothing to with a relegation battle this season and might pot Mowbray before we become seriously embroiled in one. I don't think it will be this weekend if we lose, but if performances carry on as they are I think he'll be toast by November. Unless they've already got someone in mine and lined up which I doubt.

It'll be Johnno.

Just now, SoldierMo said:

I feel there is more to it than jonno just moving up hopefully it is to takeover

Not quite sure on this clamour for Johnson to take over. Did well with the under 23s yes but it's a completely different animal compared to the championship or league football in general. I personally don't want Mowbray as manager anymore but Johnson replacing him is very risky in such a competitive league.

Just now, SoldierMo said:

But seems to be more tactically astute

Again for that level. Agreed that Mowbray is tactically inept, I'd just rather we went for someone more experienced than Johnson. I don't think we're stable enough in the league to be taking risks

Edited by Theaxe15

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Not quite sure on this clamour for Johnson to take over. Did well with the under 23s yes but it's a completely different animal compared to the championship or league football in general. I personally don't want Mowbray as manager anymore but Johnson replacing him is very risky in such a competitive league.

Where's the clamour for Johnson to succeed? My post above simply refers to the likelihood of Venkys appointing him.

We all accept there is a risk.

However there's no risk about Mowbray---relegation struggle for sure.

Just now, 47er said:

Where's the clamour for Johnson to succeed? My post above simply refers to the likelihood of Venkys appointing him.

We all accept there is a risk.

However there's no risk about Mowbray---relegation struggle for sure.

Didn't see your specific post to be honest. Just read from a few people on here 

I think people are being a bit harsh on Brereton, sure he didn't have a great game but he did show a few nice touches in the first half, his run to get on DG's great through ball was good and although his first touch there wasn't great it did look like he got clipped.  He would have had a goal if there wasn't a handball on the line missed by the ref.  He does need a little luck but he wasn't hopeless.

Watching the highlights it doesn't show on the first goal if Platt had gone to the ball he would have left his man free in the middle for an easier shot though perhaps he could have done better, with TM pushing the full backs upfield we can't afford to give it away so easily in the middle (Smallwood).

Grayson didn't look super solid at the back but did put in a few very nice passes.

We didn't play DG on the left as someone else suggested, we started with a narrow 442 with Buckley on the left but we were quite fluid.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Still can’t get over our ‘defending’ for both goals last night. Some of the worst you’re likely to see at professional level. 

That first one was unbelievable - Junior School stuff.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

You call it depressing, I call it realistic, and currently the only system we have which actually gets us two goals a game. This new system might be nice in theory, but it ain't feckin working, and if we keep trying to make it work, we could be in for a dog fight when it doesn't. I'd rather finish 15th playing with Graham up front, than lower playing "nice" football with BB and SG up top.

Magloire gave away a goal making his debut for Rochdale last night. He was trying to play nice football and got caught in possession.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I wonder did it go something like "you need to get rid of players before you sign any. Yes, that includes guys you gave fat new contracts to who are not good enough at championship level. Oh ya and if you don't compete for the play offs, you will get sacked" 

Something changed alright 

I'd be saying the same thing. We need to get a few off the pay roll sharpish.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That first one was unbelievable - Junior School stuff.

Agree. Smallwood poor ball, Buckley had no way of dealing with it, Nyambe way out of position.

Cant take away from the finish though.

Second one; utterly farcical, and seemingly Buckley ended up RWB...

Was Brereton clipped when through on goal. 

Just watched the extended highlights and 1-0 down he’s clean through on goal and seemed to do one of the worst dives I have ever seen. The ref seemed to think he dived also as no foul was given. I would of dragged him for that alone.

what was he thinking

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A pretty decent player to be fair... 

Complete twat though to be tweeting stuff like that. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Just watched the extended highlights and 1-0 down he’s clean through on goal and seemed to do one of the worst dives I have ever seen. The ref seemed to think he dived also as no foul was given. I would of dragged him for that alone.

what was he thinking

First touch let him down and think he made the most of the faintest of clips to go down. 

All is not well with Tony, falling out with folk that he used to be loyal too, his inner circle is getting tighter and smaller. Making some quite simply barking decisions in both transfer market and tactics, there is those in the inside that want a change and those who are scared that if he went they would too. Mowbray is getting jumpy tho, despite his strong position with waggot, I think it’s unlikely he is still here in a year 

If he's still here in a year it seems clear that Rovers will be in an even worse position. I can't comment on performance as I don't attend matches and won't comment based just on listening on the radio or watching on TV, but when even normally very supportive and football intelligent fans like PB are questioning his team choice and tactics it's hard to see him being in a job much longer. The prospect of who might follow him still terrifies me though

56 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Complete twat though to be tweeting stuff like that. 

Quite flattering that the obvious highlight of his career appears to be scoring against Lancashire's Only Premier League Champions - I'm guessing nothing will change in the next 10 years to alter that either.  Also, not sure why Nob End think they are suddenly our massive rivals?

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

what was he thinking

In real time I thought he stumbled over the ball but I had a side on view from the JW Upper.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

All is not well with Tony, falling out with folk that he used to be loyal too, his inner circle is getting tighter and smaller. Making some quite simply barking decisions in both transfer market and tactics, there is those in the inside that want a change and those who are scared that if he went they would too. Mowbray is getting jumpy tho, despite his strong position with waggot, I think it’s unlikely he is still here in a year 

Who is left in his inner circle?