17 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Trelleborg, gee thanks for reminding me of that one. One of only two nights I was deeply hurt by a rovers defeat 

Only two? Jeez. How about almost every cup tie against Div 1 teams and Boxing Day home games in the 70/80s, the replayed Chesterfield game, Sheffield Weds home semi-final, Sheffield Utd home quarter final, Man Yoo 94/95....

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Only two? Jeez. How about almost every cup tie against Div 1 teams and Boxing Day home games in the 70/80s, the replayed Chesterfield game, Sheffield Weds home semi-final, Sheffield Utd home quarter final, Man Yoo 94/95....

Pretty much any defeat to that lot though last one strangely enough was one of only positive things that season. Due to performance and not getting a thrashing though I actually suggested fans get the game abandoned for maximum publicity against Venkys. Plus it sealed the end for Coyle though surely that decision had already been made before the game. 

It's strange too that the night of relegation in 1999 at least showed some fight (and didn't help United's title hopes though of course they won it anyway) unlike the Wigan game. 

Edited by Vinjay17

The second Chesterfield home game. Yes, that was a real downer for me.

13 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

More meaning games that I was full of confidence we would win and wanted us to win badly. The Celtic Eufa cup game was the other as I’m from Glasgow and I was wanting bragging rights so bad. Special mention to the Newcastle fa cup defeat replay when Lee Clark broke my heart too