BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Away

Hmmm they've struggled a bit for goals past few games and been bailed out with late penalties to maintain the unbeaten start. Might be worth a few quid on 1-1 or btts draw if you like a punt.

I think we'll have a decent following, I know quite a few going to this and some of them rarely travel to be honest, people being paid etc this week will be a late flurry in sales.

Worth noting this anyone who's travelling and hasn't noticed:

Screenshot_20190828-205928_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1be761f12ace0dcc50eb886afd7f919d.jpg

• Like 1

Some decent performances midweek especially Gally (from the bench), Rankin-Costello (bench) Dackster, so I would like to see some minutes from all of these guys.  The Mountie needs to be loaned out, as I am afraid he cant cut it. Hoping to the end the season with something against the baggies, their home form has not hit top gear yet.

I also spoke with both a baggies fan and a fellow Rover from Down Under for their thoughts on this upcoming match.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Johnson

Rothwell Dack Downing

Gallagher

Subs: Leutwiler (sadly), Nyambe, Evans, Chapman, Armstrong, Graham, Rankin - Costello

Gallagher and Bennett wouldnt have been in, but for me Gallagher has to start centrally after his goal yesterday and as much as I think Nyambe is better than Bennett, it would be harsh to drop the latter after 3 clean sheets.

Wait, three clean sheets with Benno as a defender, I thought he was the worst defender in the world from postings on here?

• Like 1

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

Well pals after this match will have a much more easy schedule with accessible  opponents...now west brom has an squad with lots of talent but is not so complete or better than fullham or cardiff and we did well against them plus they aren't showing a good development...

It's always complicated to visit midlands... but we are showing  good football...if we stand and hold the first 15 or 20 minutes  we'll going to have a lot of possibilities to  control midfield and we have good chances...

I spect a victory for Rovers 1-0 and hopefully Gallagher will play better ,more relax and with out pressure...i specting a lot of goals from him.

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

#COYBBR 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, philipl said:

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

Nyambe is miles ahead of Bennett

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Sheffield United was the same last night! 

They were having you on, I bought a pie and and a horrible bottle of Heineken there with cash....

Looking forward to a trip to Birmingham on Saturday, could be interesting with Stoke in the city aswell ?

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Nyambe is miles ahead of Bennett

Not in Tony's mind he isn't.

Edited by MarkBRFC

West Brom have failed to win in 3 home games this season v Millwall x2 and Reading, scoring 3 goals. 

Expect the usual lowering of expectations and bigging up of the opposition but once again this isn't Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Set ourselves up correctly and we can get a result. More mind numbing backward and sideways passing and we won't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

It is just in which positions, that is to be decided.

Edited by rigger

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Reckon your team is right except Armstrong for Graham. We will fancy being able to break on West Brom so his pace will be key.

Plus he gets a lot of stick but he consistently creates chances for himself and others. Maybe his finishing and final ball is poor, but others just aren't getting into dangerous positions.

12 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Some decent performances midweek especially Gally (from the bench), Rankin-Costello (bench) Dackster, so I would like to see some minutes from all of these guys.  The Mountie needs to be loaned out, as I am afraid he cant cut it. Hoping to the end the season with something against the baggies, their home form has not hit top gear yet.

I also spoke with both a baggies fan and a fellow Rover from Down Under for their thoughts on this upcoming match.

Yeah, I am wondering if Mark Bunn is still free!