BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Away

Really hope we don’t lose 3-2.

Zero points, -1 GD, but seen by many as “a good result against a team who will be up there come May”.

C’mon Rovers, 3-3 would be a good result after how the first half went.

Graham on...

• Like 2

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

If we score to make it 3-3 this half I'm sure you'll see plenty. So far this half Buckley and Rothwell have been good subs. Brave, but seems to be working so far. Would personally bring Armstrong off for Graham and give them something else to think about up top for the last 15 minutes.

Yes, he scores when he wants

Just now, Stuart said:

Really hope we don’t lose 3-2.

Zero points, -1 GD, but seen by many as “a good result against a team who will be up there come May”.

C’mon Rovers, 3-3 would be a good result after how the first half went.

Graham on...

If we are going to equalise, best to do it in 90+6 mins, so they have no time to come back.

Very cunning plan.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Tbf we haven't often played good football under Mowbray so there hasn't been much historical reason to praise that. Also no point playing well and scoring if you concede as many if not more at the other end. It's nice that we're playing better football this half, but we haven't scored yet and unfortunately our first half performance has given us a hill to climb. 

A handful maybe,but we have scored plenty of goals and I have never seen anyone say mowbray is anyway responsible. The second we concede however....

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

According to the BBC stats we've only had one shot on goal since half time and WBA have had three - appreciate I'm not watching the match but have we really been that effective in the second half? 

We have been much the better side second half, travis best player on pitch dictating play everything going through him. Plenty of good passing and possession but missing that focal point in attack, as dack ineffective upfront. They have countered a few times, but we have packed the midfield and been better than 1st half.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A handful maybe,but we have scored plenty of goals and I have never seen anyone say mowbray is anyway responsible. The second we concede however....

We scored a fair few goals under Coyle too, but he didn't get praise for that because we conceded too many for it to matter. Same principle here essentially, albeit Mowbray is obviously a better manager than Coyle. I think it's also apparent that we are heavily reliant on Dack and Graham for our goals, they aren't spread out across the team at all. Most of our attackers thus far have no goals or assists to their name. 

• Backroom
Just now, tugayislegend said:

We have been much the better side second half, travis best player on pitch dictating play everything going through him. Plenty of good passing and possession but missing that focal point in attack, as dack ineffective upfront. They have countered a few times, but we have packed the midfield and been better than 1st half.

Strange how the stats can tell such a wildly different story. WBA 20 shots to our 7, at half time it was 12 and 5. We scored 2 in the first half but none so far in the second (although we haven't conceded any either).

Just shows stats aren't everything I guess. Most people seem impressed with our second half performance so I'm happy to take that over what the stats show, but ultimately it isn't going to mean much if we can't equalise.

Just now, DE. said:

We scored a fair few goals under Coyle too, but he didn't get praise for that because we conceded too many for it to matter. Same principle here essentially, albeit Mowbray is obviously a better manager than Coyle. I think it's also apparent that we are heavily reliant on Dack and Graham for our goals, they aren't spread out across the team at all. Most of our attackers thus far have no goals or assists to their name. 

Not really the same principle though cos Coyle was so shit we ended up in a relegation battle. Mowbray won promotion and then finished mid table. Ah he wont get any praise from some no matter what happens. They have their minds made up. I think there is room for balance though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Strange how the stats can tell such a wildly different story. WBA 20 shots to our 7, at half time it was 12 and 5. We scored 2 in the first half but none so far in the second (although we haven't conceded any either).

Just shows stats aren't everything I guess. Most people seem impressed with our second half performance so I'm happy to take that over what the stats show, but ultimately it isn't going to mean much if we can't equalise.

Stats are weird. Our possession has gone from 39% to 50%

Just now, DE. said:

Indeed. Their first shot was that one around 5 mins where Travis held back from a 50-50 and their full back going in full on tonked it high into the stand.

One of our shots on target was Cunningham's near post pass-back.