BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Away

15 minutes of pressure start of 2nd half time without creating much at all.

last 15 was a joke. We wasted as much time with the ball as they were at every chance.

going nowhere with Mowbray. Depends what is ultimately desired for the club going forward. We won’t go down, but there is no chance for top 6.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not really the same principle though cos Coyle was so shit we ended up in a relegation battle. Mowbray won promotion and then finished mid table. Ah he wont get any praise from some no matter what happens. They have their minds made up. I think there is room for balance though. 

Hard to expect many to praise him when we lose in fairness, especially when a big cause of that was the selection of Armstrong/Bennett which made our right side a disaster zone in the first half. We only seem to be able to score goals at the expense of our defence, we just can't seem to get the balance right. Until we do then I think praise is going to be limited. We all know Mowbray does some things well and some things badly. He got plenty of praise for our improved defensive performances in recent games. If we won today I'm sure he'd be getting praise for the goals we scored, but we lost, so... that's how it goes.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Never nice to lose,but plenty of positives to take into the next round of more winnable games. We will know after them what this team is capable of. We had a tough start and I would give it a grade of C+

Plenty of positives ?

Not bothered about a spirited second half display, conceding three goals in 45 mins after going a goal up is absolutely shocking. We deserved to lose and were outclassed at times. 

Sadly another lower mid half finish beckons from what I have seen so far, albeit in some tough fixtures. 

• Like 4

Narrow defeat, no doubt Mowbray and his apologists will try to spin it into some sort of heroic failure.

The season already starting to follow the same type of pattern as last year. Few bad results followed by few decent results followed by few bad results etc etc.

• Like 2

I didn’t expect much from Fulham and West Bromwich away and well that’s what we have got in the end. We have a nucleus of youngsters here at the moment with a innovative manager we could be promotion contenders, with our anchor mowbray though it’s going to be steady but unspectacular mid table once again. Too many players of ours aren’t quite up to it, namely our back line, but also question marks on Armstrong, dack, and Gallagher. We have two young players itching to get regular game time in chapman and rothwell who are being blocked by mowbray currently. So yea overall this isn’t a result that’s going to define our season but it’s the same old story

• Backroom

When was the last time we came back from behind to win a match btw? I remember it being noted a while ago that it was a really long time, and I can't remember if we've come from behind to win since then.

Should come about 15th. Tony will say a season of consolidation. Nice burst towards Xmas then a poor Jan window when "it was hard to bring in what we needed". Waggott scratching his head why attendances are not raising the roof off Ewood. Good the kids are getting a chance but with the real chancer in charge with his favourites we have very little chance of promotion for the foreseeable future. Maybe Venkys will show respect to the good folk of East Lancashire. Doubt it.