Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AAK

West Brom Away

Recommended Posts

Again, fair prices from the baggies, top priced ticket at £20 is very good. Whos on that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rigger said:

I was disappointed with the pubs last season, so I am driving down 

A ground ive not done before mate. Be on one of private coaches so probably stop outside, so not too fussed about that, whats it like in ground pal, easy for a beer, room in concourse etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t go to West Bromwich itself for pubs, stay in Birmingham city centre and jump on the tram that stops right outside The Hawthorns 

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems West Bromwich has gone or is going the same way with Birmingham as places like Oldham, Bolton and Bury are in Manchester. Gradually being absorbed into little more than satellite towns, being left behind whilst the big city gets all the investment and money. 

Not much by way of pubs around West Brom these days and next to nothing in the immediate vicinity of the ground. Even the pub/club right across the road has recently shut and converted into a large Greggs.

Nice easy away game at a traditional club. A lot of respect from me for sensible pricing. Long may it continue. Just a shame we won't reciprocate and encourage it moving forward. Suspect that might change once their parachute cash runs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone any idea how ticket sales for this have gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going in car .. Any recommendations  on parking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/08/2019 at 22:45, JHRover said:

 

Not much by way of pubs around West Brom these days and next to nothing in the immediate vicinity of the ground. Even the pub/club right across the road has recently shut and converted into a large Greggs.

What?

The Vine is down the road from the ground and one of the best away pubs going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ossydave said:

What?

The Vine is down the road from the ground and one of the best away pubs going!

That's the only one and it must still be about 20 minutes walk from the away turnstiles. Sadly West Brom is one of the poorest grounds in the division for pubs of any standard within close proximity to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going again to this one after a cracking yet cold day out last year, finishing with Smallwood as goalkeeper and not conceding.  Be nice to see a goal or two, yet not holding much hope given our current goal scoring record this season.  Point be a decent result, but I think WBA will edge it.

the food/drink options inside were pretty poor last year. One catering place open for away fans, with lots of singing away fans blocking the way.  Not knocking that at all, but didn’t fancy queuing up before the game and getting a shower of beer descending from those who were enjoying s day out up on other’s shoulders. I’d grab some food outside before personally.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JHRover said:

That's the only one and it must still be about 20 minutes walk from the away turnstiles. Sadly West Brom is one of the poorest grounds in the division for pubs of any standard within close proximity to the ground.

Easy 20 mins along the railway line , we parked near there ,so made it easier ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to need to be on our game here. Bad Rovers turning up could easily finish 2-0 to them. Watched them against Derby. They were unlucky with some decisions, but they certainly aren't unbeatable. A few older creakers in that team around midfield and at center half. Good Rovers could get a draw 2-2. Excellent Rovers and who knows :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone does have any parking recommendations let me know, don't fancy street parking in an area I don't know. Sure there'll be something like the one up Livesey Branch Road that's £3 at Rovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

If anyone does have any parking recommendations let me know, don't fancy street parking in an area I don't know. Sure there'll be something like the one up Livesey Branch Road that's £3 at Rovers.

Easy parking on the main road up to the ground with little industrial units scattered about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Easy parking on the main road up to the ground with little industrial units scattered about. 

On the main road that runs by the ground you will see people waving you into parking areas. I don't know the price, but it won't be too dear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the teams pretty sorted for this one - only real change from Cardiff (apart from Cunningham returning at lb)I can think of is if we persist with Graham up top or play Gallagher up front with one of Armstrong/Rothwell/Buckley/JRC/Chapman on the wing (looking a bit congested at winger now!).

Think after scoring yesterday Mowbray will fancy putting Gally up top again.

Bennett will keep right back. Thinking ahead though - can JRC defend? Could he realistically nail down a long term spot there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think the teams pretty sorted for this one - only real change from Cardiff (apart from Cunningham returning at lb)I can think of is if we persist with Graham up top or play Gallagher up front with one of Armstrong/Rothwell/Buckley/JRC/Chapman on the wing (looking a bit congested at winger now!).

Think after scoring yesterday Mowbray will fancy putting Gally up top again.

Bennett will keep right back. Thinking ahead though - can JRC defend? Could he realistically nail down a long term spot there?

Not until Bennett retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sales must be crap for this one, as Rovers seemingly not willing to reply to lots of fans asking how sales have gone, their usual tactics when not many have sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

If anyone does have any parking recommendations let me know, don't fancy street parking in an area I don't know. Sure there'll be something like the one up Livesey Branch Road that's £3 at Rovers.

Sent you a message pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Johnson

Rothwell Dack Downing

Gallagher

Subs: Leutwiler (sadly), Nyambe, Evans, Chapman, Armstrong, Graham, Rankin - Costello

Gallagher and Bennett wouldnt have been in, but for me Gallagher has to start centrally after his goal yesterday and as much as I think Nyambe is better than Bennett, it would be harsh to drop the latter after 3 clean sheets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.