Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AAK

West Brom Away

Recommended Posts

                  Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

             Travis  Johnson

Buckley        Dack         Downing

                    Gallagher

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe JRC Evans Rothwell Armstrong Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Same team as Hull away but Gallagher replacing Armstrong and Rothwell in Gallaghers spot.

Rothwell isn’t the type of player to start at west brom. He should have started last Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rothwell isn’t the type of player to start at west brom. He should have started last Saturday 

How isn't it? Last time he started against West Brom he had a great game along with Palmer. Who else would you have right wing? Armstrong? Gallagher? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm they've struggled a bit for goals past few games and been bailed out with late penalties to maintain the unbeaten start. Might be worth a few quid on 1-1 or btts draw if you like a punt.

I think we'll have a decent following, I know quite a few going to this and some of them rarely travel to be honest, people being paid etc this week will be a late flurry in sales.

Worth noting this anyone who's travelling and hasn't noticed:

Screenshot_20190828-205928_Twitter.thumb.jpg.1be761f12ace0dcc50eb886afd7f919d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some decent performances midweek especially Gally (from the bench), Rankin-Costello (bench) Dackster, so I would like to see some minutes from all of these guys.  The Mountie needs to be loaned out, as I am afraid he cant cut it. Hoping to the end the season with something against the baggies, their home form has not hit top gear yet.

 

 

I also spoke with both a baggies fan and a fellow Rover from Down Under for their thoughts on this upcoming match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Johnson

Rothwell Dack Downing

Gallagher

Subs: Leutwiler (sadly), Nyambe, Evans, Chapman, Armstrong, Graham, Rankin - Costello

Gallagher and Bennett wouldnt have been in, but for me Gallagher has to start centrally after his goal yesterday and as much as I think Nyambe is better than Bennett, it would be harsh to drop the latter after 3 clean sheets.

 

Wait, three clean sheets with Benno as a defender, I thought he was the worst defender in the world from postings on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well pals after this match will have a much more easy schedule with accessible  opponents...now west brom has an squad with lots of talent but is not so complete or better than fullham or cardiff and we did well against them plus they aren't showing a good development...

It's always complicated to visit midlands... but we are showing  good football...if we stand and hold the first 15 or 20 minutes  we'll going to have a lot of possibilities to  control midfield and we have good chances...

I spect a victory for Rovers 1-0 and hopefully Gallagher will play better ,more relax and with out pressure...i specting a lot of goals from him.

 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

#COYBBR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, philipl said:

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

Nyambe is miles ahead of Bennett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Sheffield United was the same last night! 

They were having you on, I bought a pie and and a horrible bottle of Heineken there with cash....

Looking forward to a trip to Birmingham on Saturday, could be interesting with Stoke in the city aswell 🙄

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Nyambe is miles ahead of Bennett

Not in Tony's mind he isn't.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom have failed to win in 3 home games this season v Millwall x2 and Reading, scoring 3 goals. 

Expect the usual lowering of expectations and bigging up of the opposition but once again this isn't Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Set ourselves up correctly and we can get a result. More mind numbing backward and sideways passing and we won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a banker for a low scoring draw..... feel we might just nick it though.

West Brom  1    Rovers  2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Wait, three clean sheets with Benno as a defender, I thought he was the worst defender in the world from postings on here?

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to make your point. 

He isnt a defender so he cant be the worst defender in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Wait, three clean sheets with Benno as a defender, I thought he was the worst defender in the world from postings on here?

No that's Bell !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, philipl said:

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

It is just in which positions, that is to be decided.

Edited by rigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, philipl said:

In the absence of the injured Aderarbaiyo, Brereton, Butterworth and Davenport, the team picks itself (Samuel and Gladwin obviously not deemed ready yet either):

Walton, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Cunningham, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Dack, Gallagher, Graham.

Nyambe and Bell improved but didn't do enough to force back into contention while Rothwell equally hasn't shown enough when on the park while Armstrong is at least 50% liability. 

Would like to see Rankin-Cistello and Buckley get game time off the bench. Both are going to be big players for us, quite possibly this season.

Like Cardiff, let's assume this is a top 6 6 pointer so we have to avoid defeat. Back to clean sheets please. We have too much going forward to remain scoreless- the stats for shots on target are improving.

Reckon your team is right except Armstrong for Graham. We will fancy being able to break on West Brom so his pace will be key.

Plus he gets a lot of stick but he consistently creates chances for himself and others. Maybe his finishing and final ball is poor, but others just aren't getting into dangerous positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Some decent performances midweek especially Gally (from the bench), Rankin-Costello (bench) Dackster, so I would like to see some minutes from all of these guys.  The Mountie needs to be loaned out, as I am afraid he cant cut it. Hoping to the end the season with something against the baggies, their home form has not hit top gear yet.

 

 

I also spoke with both a baggies fan and a fellow Rover from Down Under for their thoughts on this upcoming match.

Yeah, I am wondering if Mark Bunn is still free! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.