BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

European Champions League 2019/20

Did Celtic (and their arrogant pundits like Nicholas) just expect to show up and crush this team? "Catastrophic" was one word I saw to describe it. Cluj have qualified for group stage before and have scored victories at Old Scumford and Roma. Not cannon fodder.

16 hours ago, philipl said:

Some seriously big clubs at imminent risk of getting knocked out at the third qualifying round stage this evening.

... and Celtic of course

Celtic have absolutely no reason to be surprised. They have gone for the budget option of manager and players. Ridiculous stuff with 10 in a row so close. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Celtic have absolutely no reason to be surprised. They have gone for the budget option of manager and players. Ridiculous stuff with 10 in a row so close. 

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus of all my Celtic supporting friends and family as well. I would be backing Rangers to win the league this season from what I've seen so far. Despite Celtic scoring 12 in their first two league games, I would favour Rangers to win the first Old Firm match - which will be crucial.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus of all my Celtic supporting friends and family as well. I would be backing Rangers to win the league this season from what I've seen so far. Despite Celtic scoring 12 in their first two league games, I would favour Rangers to win the first Old Firm match - which will be crucial.

I think Celtic will maybe just have enough to win the league, but the decisions since Rodgers left will probably allow Rangers to catch up to them before 10 in a row. You might be right though, it could even be as early as this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Celtic will maybe just have enough to win the league, but the decisions since Rodgers left will probably allow Rangers to catch up to them before 10 in a row. You might be right though, it could even be as early as this season. 

I know they eventually won the game 5-2 but Celtic could have shipped 4 before half time against Motherwell on Saturday. They won't get away with that every week, not even in that tin pot league. Last night came as a surprise to nobody up here.

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I know they eventually won the game 5-2 but Celtic could have shipped 4 before half time against Motherwell on Saturday. They won't get away with that every week, not even in that tin pot league. Last night came as a surprise to nobody up here.

The fans aren't happy with the Lennon appointment. They should have went all out for someone like Benitez imo 

• Like 1

They should have gone for Maradona. That's what I would have done.

U**A Super Cup in Istanbul tonight where Liverpool of course won the "Champions" League in 2005. Unlike the Community Shield it won't be much of a game if Chelsea perform like they did on Sunday. Goodness knows what a top side like Liverpool could do to them in comparison if they go full strength. Chelsea aren't as bad as Sunday in general though.

The Super Cup final was a surprisingly good game.

Kante needs to play every game for Chelsea. He is as important to the as van Dijk is to Liverpool.

I agree that it wasn't a penalty. I'd also say that if Abraham gets enough games he will turn into a good striker, which is good for England.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2019-2020 group stage draw;

Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Club Bruges, Galatasaray

Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Red Star Belgrade

Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta

Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow

Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk

Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Slavia Prague

Group G: Zenit St. Petersburg, Benfica, Lyon, Leipzig

Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

English teams stroll through the groups for a nice little earner.

People then tune in for the knockouts in February. You could make a competition out of it... call it the ‘European Cup’, something like that.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

I was quite enthused when I saw the headline 'UEFA agrees price cap on away tickets in Champions League and Europa League'. As somebody who is critical of the general pricing structure in football I was pleased that UEFA are taking the lead. Then I read the article...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49527923