BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

European Champions League 2019/20

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, philipl said:

Meet someone with a massive grin on their face today?

They are an Arsenal fan who had a bucket full of abuse from Spuds for Arsenal leaking 5 three times to Bayern

Spurs biggest ever home defeat in their 137-year history.

One of my Sons has supported them for years, but he's not been answering any of my calls today. I'll nail him though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Spurs biggest ever home defeat in their 137-year history.

One of my Sons has supported them for years, but he's not been answering any of my calls today. I'll nail him though.

Haha I hadn’t seen the score. So Bayern did a “Rovers” on them then?

?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This season's group stage is now over. Here are the knock out round qualifiers;

Group winners: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Liverpool, Man City, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Valencia

Runners-up: Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Lyon, Napoli, Real Madrid, Spurs

Permutations for English teams;

CHELSEA; Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig

LIVERPOOL; Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Real Madrid

MANCHESTER CITY; Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Napoli, Real Madrid

TOTTENHAM; Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Valencia

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

This season's group stage is now over. Here are the knock out round qualifiers;

Group winners: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Liverpool, Man City, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Valencia

Runners-up: Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Lyon, Napoli, Real Madrid, Spurs

Permutations for English teams;

CHELSEA; Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig

LIVERPOOL; Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Real Madrid

MANCHESTER CITY; Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Napoli, Real Madrid

TOTTENHAM; Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Valencia

Think we might be saying goodbye to Chelsea in the next round and possibly Spurs.

Spuds get lucky.

Chelsea a very long shot to prevail v Bayern.

The two Madrid's are stiff but beatable opposition especially with home second legs. That said Real v City the outstanding tie and everyone wants the winner of Atalanta and Valencia next. Dortmund no pushover for PSG.

Just now, philipl said:

Spuds get lucky.

Chelsea a very long shot to prevail v Bayern.

The two Madrid's are stiff but beatable opposition especially with home second legs. That said Real v City the outstanding tie and everyone wants the winner of Atalanta and Valencia next. Dortmund no pushover for PSG.

I think Leipzig will beat Spurs and Munich will destroy Chelsea. Liverpool should be comfortable winners and I think City will have too much for Madrid. 

• Like 2

I tend to ignore the group stages in both competitions, a load of prolonged nonsense to me.

I love the group stages though, even though there are a few clubs from the same countries I like to think of them as the old European & Uefa cup's now.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I tend to ignore the group stages in both competitions, a load of prolonged nonsense to me.

I love the group stages though, even though there are a few clubs from the same countries I like to think of them as the old European & Uefa cup's now.

Spot the contradiction?

I don't watch much Europa League but the Champs League group stage is usually a foregone conclusion. There maybe one surprise every year. Ajax last. RB Salzburg came close, and if Inter Milan had anyone but Lukaku up front they'd have probably gone through at the expense of Dortmund.

I'll watch games as they are on but the excitement is in the knockout stages. Last year will be hard to beat. There were some fantastic games.

I love the knockout stages though, even though there are a few clubs from the same countries I like to think of them as the old European & Uefa cup's now.

Amended for you mate ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Husky said:

It's February 2020.

There's a LONG way to go in this tie yet, but so far Liverpool are playing like they aren't used to playing decent teams. ?

#TinPotPremierLeague

It certainly has been this season.

Still expect Liverpool to win at Anfield though.

Simeone's Atletico are the best in the business at stopping other teams from playing. Give them a goal and it's even harder. They will be very hard to break down at Anfield.

Liverpool were woeful. No rhythm or cohesion, and their passing was uncharacteristically off too. Much of that was down to the opposition stopping them from playing.

Pluses for Liverpool going into the second leg are that they can't play much worse, are at home, and won't have that dodgy ref.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Simeone's Atletico are the best in the business at stopping other teams from playing. Give them a goal and it's even harder. They will be very hard to break down at Anfield.

Liverpool were woeful. No rhythm or cohesion, and their passing was uncharacteristically off too. Much of that was down to the opposition stopping them from playing.

Pluses for Liverpool going into the second leg are that they can't play much worse, are at home, and won't have that dodgy ref.

That ref was awful.  Get refs from big European nations to referee a champions league game not someone from the polish league.  And as for atleti they won through diving and play acting 

• Like 1

Shocking referee! Worse than some we had in L1! Bar Trevor Kettle of course (the only ref to date I have actually looked the programme to see who he was after about 60 mins!)

Fully expect Liverpool to turn it around 2nd leg. Atletico are awful to watch. 

Edited by windymiller7
Spelling
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

liverpool have looked tired and jaded in their last 5 games,are they going to blow the league!!!!very unlikely but it would be fecking funny if they did?

They have been terrible in their last 2. Anyone would think they've just got back from a holiday.?