BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

European Champions League 2019/20

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

I used a £3.50 free bet. You win.

Is that a Tosin back on the menu boys?

Likely another quarter of a billion being spent by City now.

Maybe they can make the semis.

Yeah mine was a £50 free bet too, never thought Lyon would win but couldn’t resist for those odds. 

Good win pal

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah that cornet lad has a brilliant game but the play acting and the way he was falling over every time someone breathed in him was driving me mad. There were others but he stood out for his brilliant performance and play acting in equal measure 

Yep. Fabulous athlete, scored a wonderful goal. Should have been sent off for diving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn't watch the game but regarding playacting - I hate it, it's putting me off a game I've loved most of my life.

Both sides at it again tonight. Refs give such easy freekicks for falling over. It's boringly pathetic. The players must be coached in this cheating, it's so prevalent now.

Both Mancs dumped to complete the early exit of all the teams from the best League in the world. An odd state of affairs. :wacko:

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Both sides at it again tonight. Refs give such easy freekicks for falling over. It's boringly pathetic. The players must be coached in this cheating, it's so prevalent now.

Both Mancs dumped to complete the early exit of all the teams from the best League in the world. An odd state of affairs. :wacko:

As good as Liverpool are, you don't have a team romping to a title like that in a strong league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Remember reading when the first few games were played BCD, journos were sure we’d seen an end to play-acting as there was ‘no crowd to play up to’... that lasted long.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The weekend's games were all pretty good. 

Bayern tubbing Barcelona was the spectacle. Barcelona's average age was almost 30. They are going to have to either spend a lot of money or hope that their famed academy has 4 or 5 ready to play. Suarez, Pique, Busquets, Alba, Vidal, Ratikic, and even Messi are all at the end or perilously close to it. They are all players who have won everything, replacing them will not be easy.

Guardiola is going through his own personal torment and is now trying too hard. Setting up a defence has never been his strong point, he proved it again on Saturday. City easily dispatched the champions of Spain but come unstuck against what is inferior opposition. He didn't need to change the defence but he did and it cost him. Sterlings' miss and Ederson's howler didn't help, but by then the damage was done.

As to Man U's exit, they should have easily won but Seville are the kings of the Europa League. Fernandes can play, Pogba on the other hand.....

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Remember reading when the first few games were played BCD, journos were sure we’d seen an end to play-acting as there was ‘no crowd to play up to’... that lasted long.

It's all about conning the officials to gain an advantage, the crowd doesn't come in to it. Basically it's cheating. We used to be scathing about " Cheating Argies "or " Cheating Eyties " . Now we are worse than they are in my opinion.

So I saw glimpses of the PSG game last night , probably watched half an hour in total as I was in and out doing odd bits. PSG looked really classy, abit like when Man City play a lower half table team at home and they go a couple up and then coast. 
    I always like to pick a team back just for my own entertainment based on very little, usually the underdog or north south divide etc . So my question is would people rather watch an all french final ( where there is a chance Lyon the underdog) could cause an upset or would people rather watch PSG v Bayern, more even , far more quality , the more glamorous tie if you will. I’d just be interested in people’s thoughts as I have found people who follow teams like rovers and my Wigan and Bolton fan friends mainly working class folk would pick the all french tie and back Lyon.  Being surrounded by glory hunters where i live I.e the United Liverpool lot the people I asked prefer the glamour tie. 

just found it quite intresting as I have a very boring life ?

many thoughts ?

• Moderation Lead

As a neutral, I’d want to see the best players on the pitch at the same time. It just so happens they all play for PSG and Bayern, so that’s the final right there that I’d want!

• Like 1

If PSG are going to win it then this is the year for them. They only played one 2 legged knock out tie and the teams they faced in the last 2 rounds were both without their top goalscorer.

They have some talent. Neymar is class and Mbappe is a handful. He seems to stay on the periphery and let Neymar get all the attention which makes him very dangerous. PSG were the better team last night. Leipzig aren't the same side now that Werner has left. What didn't help at all is the Leipzig keeper giving a goal away. That put the tie to bed. Plenty on here complain about playing out from the back, when it goes wrong, it badly goes wrong.

I'd like a Bayern-PSG final. They are the best 2 teams left. Neither are worth cheering for but I think that it will be the better game.

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So I saw glimpses of the PSG game last night , probably watched half an hour in total as I was in and out doing odd bits. PSG looked really classy, abit like when Man City play a lower half table team at home and they go a couple up and then coast. 
    I always like to pick a team back just for my own entertainment based on very little, usually the underdog or north south divide etc . So my question is would people rather watch an all french final ( where there is a chance Lyon the underdog) could cause an upset or would people rather watch PSG v Bayern, more even , far more quality , the more glamorous tie if you will. I’d just be interested in people’s thoughts as I have found people who follow teams like rovers and my Wigan and Bolton fan friends mainly working class folk would pick the all french tie and back Lyon.  Being surrounded by glory hunters where i live I.e the United Liverpool lot the people I asked prefer the glamour tie. 

just found it quite intresting as I have a very boring life ?

No Liverpool fan should want Bayern to get through - if they win the tournament, they’ll join Liverpool on 6 CLs/European Cups. Of course if they’re your standard glory hunters, they may not be aware of stats like that ^_^

• Like 1