Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
philipl

European Champions League 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Some seriously big clubs at imminent risk of getting knocked out at the third qualifying round stage this evening.

... and Celtic of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Celtic (and their arrogant pundits like Nicholas) just expect to show up and crush this team? "Catastrophic" was one word I saw to describe it. Cluj have qualified for group stage before and have scored victories at Old Scumford and Roma. Not cannon fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, philipl said:

Some seriously big clubs at imminent risk of getting knocked out at the third qualifying round stage this evening.

... and Celtic of course

Celtic have absolutely no reason to be surprised. They have gone for the budget option of manager and players. Ridiculous stuff with 10 in a row so close. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Celtic have absolutely no reason to be surprised. They have gone for the budget option of manager and players. Ridiculous stuff with 10 in a row so close. 

 

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus of all my Celtic supporting friends and family as well. I would be backing Rangers to win the league this season from what I've seen so far. Despite Celtic scoring 12 in their first two league games, I would favour Rangers to win the first Old Firm match - which will be crucial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus of all my Celtic supporting friends and family as well. I would be backing Rangers to win the league this season from what I've seen so far. Despite Celtic scoring 12 in their first two league games, I would favour Rangers to win the first Old Firm match - which will be crucial.

I think Celtic will maybe just have enough to win the league, but the decisions since Rodgers left will probably allow Rangers to catch up to them before 10 in a row. You might be right though, it could even be as early as this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Celtic will maybe just have enough to win the league, but the decisions since Rodgers left will probably allow Rangers to catch up to them before 10 in a row. You might be right though, it could even be as early as this season. 

I know they eventually won the game 5-2 but Celtic could have shipped 4 before half time against Motherwell on Saturday. They won't get away with that every week, not even in that tin pot league. Last night came as a surprise to nobody up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I know they eventually won the game 5-2 but Celtic could have shipped 4 before half time against Motherwell on Saturday. They won't get away with that every week, not even in that tin pot league. Last night came as a surprise to nobody up here.

The fans aren't happy with the Lennon appointment. They should have went all out for someone like Benitez imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have gone for Maradona. That's what I would have done.

U**A Super Cup in Istanbul tonight where Liverpool of course won the "Champions" League in 2005. Unlike the Community Shield it won't be much of a game if Chelsea perform like they did on Sunday. Goodness knows what a top side like Liverpool could do to them in comparison if they go full strength. Chelsea aren't as bad as Sunday in general though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Can I just say how brilliant the officials have been tonight in the Super Cup.

You spoke too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if VAR was used in the shootout? Adrian was off the line for the save but nothing mentioned at all. I thought VAR was used to confirm earlier penalty so was in use at the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Super Cup final was a surprisingly good game.

Kante needs to play every game for Chelsea. He is as important to the as van Dijk is to Liverpool.

I agree that it wasn't a penalty. I'd also say that if Abraham gets enough games he will turn into a good striker, which is good for England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.