BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

32 minutes ago, Madon said:

That side is play-off material. 

The side that Mowbray will pick is bottom half/relegation material. (Square pegs, round holes)

I totally  agree with you thats a very good team with a great shape too it

42 minutes ago, Madon said:

The side that Mowbray will pick is bottom half/relegation material. (Square pegs, round holes)

Also if tactics needed changing, you could change very easily with no disruption to the rest of the team by taking off Graham and Dack, and bring on Gally and Brereton 

19 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

There is no way Mowbray will ever start Rothwell, Dack and Chapman together in a league game.

Then he needs sacking sooner rather than later for someone who will. It's a risk for reward league. You don't get up on 1-0 unless you have a team that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Because Gallagher, Armstrong, Downing & probably Brereton & Bennett are well ahead of Chapman for a league start in the "front 3" in Mowbrays eyes.

Also he doesn't trust Rothwell then he certainly won't trust Chapman, he only started him once when we were in League 1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

If Lenihan and Tosin are fit this is how I would line up. Get at them early from down the wings. 

LINEUP111565938076589.png

That’s a good side but why people keep leaving Bennett out I don’t know. It’s a recipe for disappointment.

• Like 3

I have a sinking feeling that Lenihan will be unavailable, a relapse needing further 'investigation'

Bennett is an absolute certainty to start as RB/Captain. I do not know if Bookies do odds on such things but this is a 'banker' at pathetic odds.

To select a starting 11 without Bennett is part of the 'denial' stage of ultimate acceptance of the Madness of Mowbray.

• Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

A lot of huff and puff and passing square, but left us exposed when charging forward and totally so for their first goal, where he was nowhere. Other than that, top bloke... :(

You think he's playing RW when we have the ball of his own accord, or do you think perhaps the manager has asked him to play there?

• Like 2

Actually I was led to believe he is a defender, with attacking capabilities. From recent evidence it appears I may have been misled. I'm sure there is a player in there, and yet due to the square peg / round hole approach, it looks like something is going wrong. More than happy to be re-educated about Nyambe, on the pitch, of course ;)

Actually I was led to believe he is a defender, with attacking capabilities. From recent evidence it appears I may have been misled. I'm sure there is a player in there, and yet due to the square peg / round hole approach, it looks like something is going wrong. More than happy to be re-educated about Nyambe, on the pitch, of course ;)

Whatever your belief on Nyambe it can't sensibly be argued that Bennett is a better right back.

• Like 3

He is a defender, that is constantly overlooked for an inferior player at right back. This must affect his attitude.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

A lot of huff and puff and passing square, but left us exposed when charging forward and totally so for their first goal, where he was nowhere. Other than that, top bloke... :(

Perfect then if you have Chapman in front of him. One is still learning about football and tracking back (before he was broken and sent back to Boro last season) and the other may be much more comfortable just defending. Let them meet at the halfway line.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Madon said:

I agree; that's the team that should start. But as we all know, it's not the team that will start.

This is, of course, our latest 'Must Win' match. So, being the eternal optimist, I'm going to say we'll keep up the tradition - this week's tradition, anyway of winning in the 95th minute with a melee in the Boro box and rebounding into their goal off Bennett's arse.

Thereby giving the manager a justification - surely the only one for selecting him - for selecting Bennett!?