BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Whatever your belief on Nyambe it can't sensibly be argued that Bennett is a better right back.

On the evidence of the last 2 games (Fulham A & Oldham H) it can. 

That’s not to say that Bennett is a good (or even adequate) RB, but Nyambe was so poor on Tuesday there’s no way he has forced his way into the team

• Like 1

come on Rovers!!!! So exited pals thisbis a very important match to us we need those 3 points so much!!!

I bekive on my team we played very good against fullham...also rovers has some good ways to defeat boro...

We have fast transitions with ball we don't have probles with our sides cause Downing and even Chapman could give us some speed we only need to focus on fucking score o i knowthat nobody trust on Gallagher but i do he has the pontential to be at least a very descent scorer but maybe wpuld be a good idea if he comes from the banch this match cause Graham deserves an opportunity to show he can still being reilable...

Something happens on me whne Rovers has a match against a york rival and im from mexico i can only imagine how exited you are.

On 14/08/2019 at 12:07, DE. said:

If it is then we have to forget about Lenihan being a reliable option in the future. The lad has already had significant spells out with injury in the last two seasons, if it happens again this year then unfortunately it's going to be a case of looking for another centre back going forward.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

come on Rovers!!!! So exited pals thisbis a very important match to us we need those 3 points so much!!!

I bekive on my team we played very good against fullham...also rovers has some good ways to defeat boro...

We have fast transitions with ball we don't have probles with our sides cause Downing and even Chapman could give us some speed we only need to focus on fucking score o i knowthat nobody trust on Gallagher but i do he has the pontential to be at least a very descent scorer but maybe wpuld be a good idea if he comes from the banch this match cause Graham deserves an opportunity to show he can still being reilable...

Something happens on me whne Rovers has a match against a york rival and im from mexico i can only imagine how exited you are.

Are you Juilo Geordio in disguise?

Do tell us some more about why you have such a passion for the Rovers? !

Edited by WIR Second Coming

31 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

I don't think you're Mexican at all.

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was bloody awful. No where near good enough at right back. For me, Bennett is much better. 

Which suggests we have no decent RBs at the club, or at least none in form. At this point we might be better off trying JRC there. 

1 hour ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Are u the guy I spoke to on a young lady's phone outside the pub a few weeks ago & told u about this forum? Your joining date seems to coincide with this. If so, welcome to the forum. If not, welcome to the forum anyway!

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Are u the guy I spoke to on a young lady's phone outside the pub a few weeks ago & told u about this forum? Your joining date seems to coincide with this. If so, welcome to the forum. If not, welcome to the forum anyway!

What, you just rang someone in Mexico, randomly, to tell them about BRFCS??! Absolute legend!

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

What, you just rang someone in Mexico, randomly, to tell them about BRFCS??! Absolute legend!

?. Almost! 

Well, nothing like that really. The young lady in question was on facetime to him having previously been told by my missus that I was a Rovers fan. I went out for a ciggy & ended up showing him my STs & having a chat with him. Him being a fan from afar I suggested coming on here to keep up to date with things.

After saying all that, it's probably someone else now! ?

I think Mowbray is bluffing this week by saying that Lennihan is in contention. Fluid on the knee doesn’t sound like something that can be overcome in a week, and he’s not on the training pictures.

I fear something like this from the Tombola 5-2-2-1

Walton

Nyambe-Williams-Cunningham

Bennett—————————Bell

Johnson-Travis-Downing

Dack

Graham

11 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

If Lenihan and Tosin are fit this is how I would line up. Get at them early from down the wings. 

LINEUP111565938076589.png

CLASS!!!!!!

but defo wont be the line up

Mowbray will go

Williams for tosin

Bennett for Nyambe

Armstrong for Chapman

Downing for Rothwell 

Gallagher for Graham

And we will get beat. 3-0

I think if we went with yours we would win 3-1

6 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Gallagher Travis Johnson Downing

Dack

Graham 

Is that the actual team, as I know youve named teams before even for behind closed doors friendlies, or just your opinion.

Gallagher wide over Rothwell, Chapman and Armstrong would be an outrage.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was bloody awful. No where near good enough at right back. For me, Bennett is much better. 

For the Oldham match, TM was not flattering about the defence and probably rightly so. However, you have to look at the shield (or lack thereof) of the two defensive CMs there. Yes, talking about Evans and Richie. With two defensive CMs, you would expect the defence to be helped but without that aid, it was raining men. Cue players galloping back scenes

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Is that the actual team, as I know youve named teams before even for behind closed doors friendlies, or just your opinion.

Gallagher wide over Rothwell, Chapman and Armstrong would be an outrage.

And would strengthen my belief that Tony is under orders to play him no matter what.

• Backroom

We've seen Nyambe play competently at RB before in this division so we know he's capable. He can't have much confidence after being stuck behind Bennett for so long, though. He's backup to a player who isn't even a natural right back and isn't even very good in that position. He's going to be rusty from lack of first team action anyway, and having a poor game against Oldham isn't going to have helped his confidence.

It's all irrelevent really though. Bennett has just been named captain/little skip, so there's no way he's going to be dropped, and the only position he can go is right back... therefore Bennett will almost certainly be at right back. If Lenihan and Tosin are both injured then Nyambe will likely be put into central defence, as we essentially have no other options, but if either are fit then he'll be on the bench again.