BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't think you're Mexican at all.

I hope that means something good pal jajajaja...but yes im mexican an proudly Rover since 2001 my favorite ever players are of course Alan Shearer (wasnt a rover yet back to that time but he's a blody leyend) Morten Gamst Pedersen, Robeet Savage (some rovers fans asked me why more than once) Brad Friedel, Bennedict McCarthy and my very favorite one Tugay the reason why i used to woke up very early every weekend and watch  british football...And someday i will go to the holly ground of Ewood to see my Rovers...you will see Coker.

#TheMexicanRover

#Roversince2001 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Are you Juilo Geordio in disguise?

Do tell us some more about why you have such a passion for the Rovers? !

Well why...well pal I'ma rover thanks that i used to watch beitish football all saturdays morning and inremember one day back to 2001 a Rovers 2 Totenham hotsperm1 i thougj what a way to play of that team speacially that Tugay...and then i thoug what a beautiful colors and crest after that a masive 7-1 against liverpool we won the league cup amd i felt a Rover already so yes since then pal and some day ibwill go straight to Blackburn to see my Rovers. 

#TheMexicanRover

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#Roversince2001

For some daft Mowbray reason, our back 4 this season seem to have our full backs standing on the last man (of their defence) as far wide as possible, when our own defender have the ball. That is neither Bennett's or Nyambe's fault.

Look at the pass Bennett made for Charlton (where he was stood) and where Nyambe was stood for the first Oldham goal when Smallwood passed to an Oldham player (again). Both nonchalantly hanging out at RW.

I predict it has been done to give Downing a "free role" to move from the right and all in all it has left us so open down our right, it's criminal.

I agree with many comments... Let Nyambe play (and defend) at RB and play an actual RW like, I dunno, Harry fucking Chapman.

The best and probably only (football related) compliment I can give Bennett right now is he isn't the worst player on our team... Smallwood reminded us that on Tuesday.

Watch it tomorrow... Bennett will go and stand at RW when Cunningham/Bell has the ball, for no reason.

The manager is, has been, and will continue to be the problem.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Nyambe had a shocker on Tuesday so Bennett will understandably defo start. Both poor options though. I guess the question is when will JRC get a run out? Surely only a matter of time. I haven't really seen him play but it is worrying that he is also another converted midfielder. We really need solid defenders at full back.

We have zero actual right backs which is a really bad situation to be in. Come to think of it when was the last time we actually had a decent right back?

Salgado

• Like 2

I'd say playing as a full back is one of the easiest positions to master on a football pitch. In fact at school and growing up it was always usually the least talented lads who got made to play there (kinda where we're at with Bennett I guess). There's basic fundamentals you learn like getting staying goal side, adjusting your position to allow for pace and jockeying your man to the touchline/byline out of play. Get them basics right then you can't go far wrong, when you've spent your career as a winger the over lapping part of the game should be an absolute doddle and you should really have an insight into how a winger thinks as well and have the upper hand on them already.

In fairness Bennett actually played well against Fulham, but then the second goal happened. He was slightly unlucky there though in that he slipped.

I think part of the problem with our full backs, all of them, is confidence. It helps to have a centre half barking orders at you and it also helps to have a settled back 4. Neither of which we've had for donkeys years. Hopefully Tosin can bring that, surely it's been coached into him at City to be vocal.

It's easy to ask for Nyambe over Bennett but he doesn't fill me with any more confidence whatsoever to be honest. 

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

For some daft Mowbray reason, our back 4 this season seem to have our full backs standing on the last man (of their defence) as far wide as possible, when our own defender have the ball. That is neither Bennett's or Nyambe's fault.

Look at the pass Bennett made for Charlton (where he was stood) and where Nyambe was stood for the first Oldham goal when Smallwood passed to an Oldham player (again). Both nonchalantly hanging out at RW.

I predict it has been done to give Downing a "free role" to move from the right and all in all it has left us so open down our right, it's criminal.

I agree with many comments... Let Nyambe play (and defend) at RB and play an actual RW like, I dunno, Harry fucking Chapman.

The best and probably only (football related) compliment I can give Bennett right now is he isn't the worst player on our team... Smallwood reminded us that on Tuesday.

Watch it tomorrow... Bennett will go and stand at RW when Cunningham/Bell has the ball, for no reason.

I was taught that if your other fullback had the ball, you dropped back ready to cover across with the rest of the back four if he went forward. Then if you lose possession at least three defenders are in position 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It is to provide width that isnt there in the forwards. I suspect one or both of the two defensive midfielders is supposed to drop and cover but that doesnt happen. In the end it makes our defending look like an under 12s team.

Mowbray wants to play with wing backs but as his previous trials with 3 at the back have failed he's ditched one of them which is also proving a great success

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'd say playing as a full back is one of the easiest positions to master on a football pitch. In fact at school and growing up it was always usually the least talented lads who got made to play there (kinda where we're at with Bennett I guess). 

Oi! I was a full back... no you’re right ^_^

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Hopefully some commemorative demonstration to mark the anniversary of Jack Walker's death today. Club have acknowledged on Twitter.

What Jack did for the club definitely has to be remembered today. The man was a true Blackburn legend and should not be forgotton

• Like 4

He was totally inspirational to anyone. Rags to riches through honest hard work then giving something significant & tangible back to his hometown for the masses to enjoy.

RIP Mr Blackburn (Rovers).

Hope the club mark the anniversary of his passing appropriately at the game today.

• Like 1

You never read that before?

I remember everyone being given a copy at Crewe in the first game after his death. From memory it was also read out on the big screen pre the Norwich game (first game post death at Ewood). That then ‘time to say goodbye’ and there were some serious tears being shed across the Blackburn End.

19 years ago now, crazy.

Edited by Mattyblue

I love the poem. I am a new Rovers’ fan (2013). Here in Texas, I used to get FA Cup matches, which is where I first saw Rovers, vs ManC at Ewood, in a 1-1 thriller. Dann, Cairney, Rhodes, et. al., were exquisite players in the Blue & White. Sadly, not seeing players of their caliber now.

Bennett, DG, & Downing should be our most consistent players, simply due to age & experience. I’m not sure why TM bet the farm on the young guns up front (yes I am- that nastiest of all words, potential); so far it hasn’t worked out, & frankly, if it doesn’t soon, I think TM will be out, & some other poor hapless wretch will have to start over.

Today, I would gladly take a point- we’ve got to start somewhere. M’bro aren’t the class of the league; they can be had, but right now, we’re out of sorts and it’s hard finding 11 who are playing consistent enough to throw out on the pitch week after week.

i want to see Rovers start moving up from 24th. A point today probably won’t do it, but it’s a point we don’t currently have.

rDon't understand the support for Bennett at all. Nyambe might have had a poor game against Oldham but has been out of the side for quite a while and on previous form is clearly the vastly superior player. However no doubt he'll be dropped today. 

Bennett had an absolute mare against Charlton and there's no way he should have been picked for the Fulham game but apparently his place wasn't even in question so that just shows the different standards Mowbray applies to certain players. Unfortunately with Bennett at RB we're always likely to ship goals and I don't see it being any different today, especially when the loanee keeper looks like a bit of a doughnut as well.

Is this the right  time to have the age old debate  on whether this is a "must win game" or not? Obviously not must win in that we need the points to stay up but Boro's confidence must be at crisis point with a rookie manager, a terrible start and being dumped out of the Cup by lower league opposition so if we lose today it's hard to see where the first win is going to come from. Or conversely, will the fortunate injury time turnaround against Oldham be Mowbray's "Mark Robbins" moment?

As a side note I can't make it today as I'm laid up at home for the next 12 days recovering from emergency eye surgery (cue the obvious jokes) so I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's views who's attending the game.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Is this the right  time to have the age old debate  on whether this is a "must win game" or not? 

As far as I'm concerned it is a must win game. But expect attempts to portray a draw as a good result. No doubt if we get a point it will be 'we're up and running' or if we are behind and salvage a draw it will be all about showing good fighting spirit to recover a point with a few references to Middlesbrough being a really good side, massive club etc.

Need a win. No excuses.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You never read that before?

I remember everyone being given a copy at Crewe in the first game after his death. From memory it was also read out on the big screen pre the Norwich game (first game post death at Ewood). That then ‘time to say goodbye’ and there were some serious tears being shed across the Blackburn End.

19 years ago now, crazy.

No one ever seems to credit the author when they re-post that. Was it anonymous?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

As far as I'm concerned it is a must win game. But expect attempts to portray a draw as a good result. No doubt if we get a point it will be 'we're up and running' or if we are behind and salvage a draw it will be all about showing good fighting spirit to recover a point with a few references to Middlesbrough being a really good side, massive club etc.

Need a win. No excuses.

Exactly not bothered if it's a one nil victory in injury time. Three points is a must today