BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

well square  pegs again   Bennett right back Gallagher on right wing  but left side looks steady  Cunningham  and Downing. Which side would you set your team to attack answer  on a post card . Will Bennett get any protections and will he be able to stop crosses  i hope so and can the team play on the front foot from the start  with the lack of mobility in the side. Can they do it for 90 minutes all these questions  come ten too five we will know it might be tin helmet  time 1-1 mistake  by back four

Just now, Dan said:

So Rothwell and Armstrong will be brought on after 60 minutes when we are chasing the game? We’ll huff and puff in the first half and have a bit of the ball, but not create anything of note and then Middlesborough will score. Same script as usual.  

Yep that’s exactly how I see it going. Huff and puff, have one or two half chances, fall behind, one or two more half chances, no real panicking, game draws close.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Has Mowbray EVER done anything (team selection, substitutions, tactics, formation, new signings) that the majority of supporters could understand and endorse fully? I'm sure his intention is always to leave as many people as possible scratching their heads.

If we don't get shut soon the trap door awaits.

13 minutes ago, LDRover said:

The lad Gallagher is shite and 5 million worth of shite too. Quite how Mowbray saw fit to waste pretty much the whole budget on him (and Brereton beforehand) baffles me and now he shunts him on the wing as his ineffectiveness has become so apparent at the expense of a game changer in Rothwell.

Total panic buy. Speaks volumes for our so-called scouting network.

• Like 1

Would have Nyambe in for Bennett, Rothwell in for Gallagher and Chapman instead of Downing.

I thought if he ever stopped playing Smallwood I would be happy. Seems Mowbray will always play a couple or more of his favourites instead of the best team.

As others have said, thank God Smallwood got suspended last year and Mowbray had to pick Travis. 

I think with Downing Mowbray is a bit giddy to have a player with his CV - England caps, Liverpool etc.

With Bennett he has said he likes a few senior players to manage the dressing room. So we get lumbered with a rubbish right back because Mowbray doesn't want to do a key aspect of his job.

Gallagher is in because mowbray needs one of his expensive strikers to work out.

Feel for Rothwell not starting after how he finished last season. And for Brereton after his goals in pre-season.

Rant over, COYB

Just now, Amo said:

Total panic buy. Speaks volumes for our so-called scouting network.

Thing is it wasn’t really a panic buy per se given TM wanted him for yonks and just refused to look elsewhere. Terrible buy I agree given we’ll never play two up top. As for our scouting network - it’s simply embarrassing. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Thing is it wasn’t really a panic buy per se given TM wanted him for yonks and just refused to look elsewhere. Terrible buy I agree given we’ll never play two up top. As for our scouting network - it’s simply embarrassing. 

I wonder if the foreign scouting stretched as far as the Welsh border.

• Like 2