BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

Just now, Miker said:

Great start so far.. Cunningham is really impressive. Him and Johnson have massively improved this team. Only negative for me so far is Gallagher out wide - he is doing okay, but he is not a winger and feels wasted out there.

Cunningham providing goal threat and confidence on the left. Not too bad work on the right by gally too

Dicksteel helping us again, what a Rovers legend. 1 goal, 1 assist for us so far.

Edit - 2 assists sorry isn't it. He headed it against the goalie v Charlton so only an assist.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of defensive additions both in January and the summer but I think a lot goes on behind the scenes that Mowbray cannot be blamed for. To give him credit he has worked for a regime that demands trips to India, provides a below par business structure at the club and then funds are delayed at the crucial point of transfers. Lambert walked out due to similar issues and many managers would'nt work under a Venky's style ownership. If a genuine improvement on Mowbray was available and (crucially) willing to come then I might be interested, however I can't see us being able to improve on him at the moment. 

Although true, none of that makes him plonk strikers on the wing or his various other positional musical chairs.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable half. Probably the quietest player has been Dack. We’ve threatened down both wings with most of our play coming that way. Downing and Cunningham were the threat in the first 20 mins, then the rest of the half was Gallagher - who has looked far better than in the first two games - and Bennett combining well and getting a few good crosses in plus corners. Definitely not playing the lump it up to Danny tactic.

There’s no doubt that Travis, Johnson and Cunningham are massive upgrades on Evans, Smallwood and Bell.

• Like 8

Statistics seem to be weirdly inaccurate this season.

Rovers scored one, one saved, two blocked on the line by George Friend.

Shots on target 2

To more important things and Gallagher looks far more of a footballing brain wide on the right than Armstrong ever does.

Just hopes DG is not subbed too early because this is working.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Statistics seem to be weirdly inaccurate this season.

Rovers scored one, one saved, two blocked on the line by George Friend.

Shots on target 2

To more important things and Gallagher looks far more of a footballing brain wide on the right than Armstrong ever does.

Just hopes DG is not subbed too early because this is working.

I noticed that in another game. It seems like they've decided blocks by players don't count as shots on target, only if it was saved by a goalie. Weird.