BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

Nobody tell me that this manager and team don’t get support from the fans on match day.

We may question and criticise on here but we all want the best for this club.

Massive three points! Onwards and upwards!!

:rover:

• Like 9

Just now, Neal said:

Good result, felt we got away with it a bit with Boro missing that sitter. Some good performances out there too, can't really fault anyone, Walton doesn't convince me. 

Brentford impressed with Raya so far too. They dont know what we're talking about when it comes to his distribution.

• Backroom

Superb win, real shift put in; we crumbled for a while and then regained composure.

Gallagher was superb and the backing from the stands was, fully behind them and picked them up when they got leggy 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

well, well, well, a little bit of organizations  and a lot of heart and effort  can take a team along way . Cunningham  should have been a lone to buy . Downing worked hard and still has  that quality . Gallagher work hard , Williams played well and really should be captain he was talking to Lenihan all the game. One thing i would change and im not picking on Bennett but  i would play a back four of Tosin . Lenihan ,Williams and Cunningham  and  Dacks a  different  player with Graham upfront  leave alone TM  im going to enjoy  the win  today .

• Like 1

Well we needed that.

Clean sheet AND 3 points eh.

And suddenly Woodgate must be the bookies fave to get the chop first now.

Wasn't impressed with them at all.

Now tempted to drive up to Hull after work on Tuesday ?

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Ossydave said:

Well we needed that.

Clean sheet AND 3 points eh.

And suddenly Woodgate must be the bookies face to get the chop first now.

Wasn't impressed with them at all.

Now tempted to drive up to Hull after work on Tuesday ?

Huddersfield manager beat him to it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I would. I don't see any need to dodge taxes once you're thoroughly minted. I seem to be unusual in that regard though.

But like another poster said, Jack put something back with those savings, so no qualms here.

Maybe Jack just like the climate ?

Anyway it's not really as simple as that he'll have paid millions in tax down the years  i'd have thought and the people he employed will have paid theirs his businesses were still over here so if he wanted to protect his personal wealth fair play to him.  Virtually everyone in business i know or just even self employed grafters will take advantage of every loophole they can to slice a bit off.

The fact that successive Govts totally waste billions of it through sheer incompetence or veiled corruption doesn't set a great example for the other wealthy folk.

Thank god he did anyway otherwise he might not have had a spare 100 million to put back into his home town football club for everyone to enjoy we'll agree on that one !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Personally think our lack of attacking threat is getting midfield runners in behind the forward, couple of times that happened in the last 20 mins and we looked dangerous, there's a lack of fluidity in our decision making. Almost like the midfielders are so conscious of holding their position on the pitch that they're not willing to be brave enough make offensive runs, the odd occasion they do it really opens teams up. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Maybe Jack just like the climate ?

Anyway it's not really as simple as that he'll have paid millions in tax anyway i'd have thought and the people he employed will have paid theirs his businesses were still over here so if he wanted to protect his personal wealth fair play to him.  Virtually everyone in business i know or just even self employed grafters will take advantage of every loophole they can to slice a bit off.

The fact that successive Govts totally waste billions of it through sheer incompetence or veiled corruption doesn't set a great example for the other wealthy folk.

Thank god he did anyway otherwise he might not have had a spare 100 million to put back into his home town football club for everyone to enjoy we'll agree on that one !

Just liked the climate. Good one.

I'm not going to get into the tax thing in too much detail. I've had the argument enough times to know it leads absolutely nowhere. In truth I think the systems are more to blame than the people anyway. The loopholes should be closed, but they won't be because the people who can do so benefit from them too. It's human nature for probably about 80-90% of people to take advantage of beneficial loopholes when they find them, regardless of the effects on others of doing so. I can recognise that without personally agreeing it's the best way (for the super rich...I absolutely get it when people on far more modest incomes do it). So really it's a structural change needed.

Jack certainly wasn't a criminal for avoiding it. Far as anyone knows, everything he did was perfectly legal, so we'll just agree that he is a legend for willingly pouring the money into his club and in turn helping the whole area. He was obviously a fine businessman in the steel industry too. Jack Walker, Blackburn Legend, plain and simple.

• Like 5

Enjoyed that today, everyone worked their socks off- Dack doesn't stop running, cracking player.

A-side from the tremendous work-rate, bloody hell, did we get stuck in!  Snapping into challenges left, right and centre. Johnson absolutely nailed one of their players in the first half- a nasty tackle, we've been on the receiving end too many times, so it's great to us giving it back. Speaking of Johnson, what a beast he is, bullies the opposition and brilliant in the air.

For me though MOM would have to be Cunningham. What a difference having him in the side makes. Gets up and down, looks very tidy and again, isn't afraid of throwing himself into a tackle.

I think we've lacked aggression in recent years and as such had a soft underbelly that, even in league one, was exposed at times. 

I sound like a right thug, I'm not, I like attractive attacking football, but unless you're absolutely unreal you have to able to mix it up- and boy, there's nothing like a few blood n' thunder tackles to get the crowd going- Travis, what a lad!

When you throw in the likes of Dack, Rothwell, Arma, Gallagher it's easy to get a bit carried away.

A bit puzzled why Armstrong played down the middle and we kept Gallagher out wide- but hey-ho, we got a solid win- I'd have to say Mowbray got it right today.

Boro, on the other hand, look to have taken a big step backwards. Assombolonga did absolutely nothing, they looked like a side devoid of ideas and passion. I think they'll struggle this season based off that offering.

• Like 6

Just now, DE. said:

Other than the penalty did we have a lot of other opportunities from open play? Curious as to how we fared creatively.

We had a couple of decent chances. Buckley could have made a name for himself, but blazed over, from a good ball in from Gallagher