BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Mowbray seems to see them both as wide right forwards though so not sure how it would work personally not sure they'd gel but there's only one way to find out.

There is no time for bedding in these days. Lose two games and back to tried and tested. Eventually Graham will not be an option. That’s when we shall see whether the investments are just that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

There is no time for bedding in these days. Lose two games and back to tried and tested. Eventually Graham will not be an option. That’s when we shall see whether the investments are just that. 

I've a feeling Brereton will be shipped out on loan by next Feb for a bit then..... Dominic Samuel - The Return.. you read it here first.

12 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Really disagree on Gallagher thought he was very ineffective and don’t think he’s a wide player at all (but you can never have enough of the kind of heart he showed) Graham’s lack of mobility means he can drop out of games for large periods.

I wasn't there Saturday but that's exactly how I view both players.

Other than Dack if he hits form, I'm not sure where the goals are going to come from this season.

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Word was Coyle was signed cheap for the sole purpose of coaching the team and nothing else although he seemed to be trying hard to get a few of his pals on the books.

Don't forget he was sponsored by Krispy Kreme.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AAK said:

Needed win. However i struggle to accept that our manager has signed Nutrall, Samuel, Antonson, Brereton and Gallagher and they all struggle/struggled to hit a barn door with 50 balls between them. Graham, the 34 year old Coyle signing is still number 1. 

Then we also have, what seems to be our new number 2 centre half, williams, another coyle signing. Mowbrays centre half signings, downing? Thats it

The two real areas weve needed to improve and he never has.

Centre mid too, okay travis, but that was by default he got in. Johnson good battler, not a good footballer, but let him have that.

Harsh after a win, but ffs, some poor signings.

When posters go this far it really stands out as being blinkered with dislike for the manager that you can't see the wood from the trees. 

He has his faults, but this isn't a balanced view at all. 

Like to even move onto Travis and Johnson and try and get a dig in about them is really grasping at straws. 

If Williams is playing well, does it matter who signed him? Could it not be said then that Mowbray saw something a lot of us didn't by having confidence in him to fulfill that role? 

Ya, the jury is out on Brereton. I think Gallagher will be more effective. Either way, if Graham is the best option and scoring, well then the position is his to lose again. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

When posters go this far it really stands out as being blinkered with dislike for the manager that you can't see the wood from the trees. 

Like to even move onto Travis and Johnson and try and get a dig in about them is really grasping at straws. 

If Williams is playing well, does it matter who signed him? Could it not be said then that Mowbray saw something a lot of us didn't by having confidence in him to fulfill that role? 

Ya, the jury is out on Brereton. I think Gallagher will be more effective. Either way, if Graham is the best option and scoring, well then the position is his to lose again. 

I don't think anyone here WANTS Mowbray to fail .We want to win games and be successful. But the point I think he is making is that he has been here over 2 1/2 years with pretty decent budgets at his disposal and we have seen very little through multiple windows that tells us the set up and structure of the side is progressing. It is almost as if he is stumbling into a formation by constantly shuffling the pack. After 6 windows  and 2 1/2 years or whatever deciding that Williams and now possibly Nyambe are good cover at CH hardly smacks of strategic planning. In Nyambe's case TM refers to him doing ok in that position for Namibia so its hardly been developed at Brockhall. Combine that with midfield and striker rotation and he seems not to be decided on either his preferred formation or his personnel . Additionally , we are always confused by his Subs and the carnage it creates to the shape of the team particularly when we are chasing games and it looks for all money to be very confusing to both players and fans. A tactical genius he is not , often out thought by opposition managers.

That's the real issue most of us have with this guy .

• Like 2

Most people are on the fence with Mowbray. Want to support him, but need wins and performances. Key Mowbray supporters on this board were very negative when the team sheet came out on Saturday, but they've got behind him since the win on Saturday. 

He's  got to get at least 8-9 points in the next 5 games (2 wins and three draws, or 3 wins and 2 losses etc) and he will be back in a solid position again. Loses 3 the pressure increases. Loses 4 or 5 he will get sacked. Critical time for him.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He isn't "scoring" as such. He converted a penalty.

The trees appear to be blocking the wood RB!

This post is either the epitome of glass half empty or you have a particular narrative which you won’t deviate from.

I’ll let you contact Alan Shearer and tell him the 50 or so penalties he has tucked away in his time don’t count as scoring.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When Graham gets paid his goal bonus will say differently.

It's a bit like saying we didn't win on Saturday because the winning goal was a penalty and they don't really count. Well I'll take one of them every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Seemed a fair enough assessment to me! He's just providing examples that show TM is not a very good manager.

Is the jury still out on Brereton by the way or did it pack up and go back home a while ago?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You still have to get the ball into the net past the keeper. They don't just give you a goal because your team is awarded a penalty. Graham did that on Saturday therefore we were awarded a goal. Counts as scoring all day long in most people's books. 

Just now, 47er said:

Seemed a fair enough assessment to me! He's just providing examples that show TM is not a very good manager.

Is the jury still out on Brereton by the way or did it pack up and go back home a while ago?

I can't really see how Brereton is going to get sufficient minutes for the jury to assess him.

He'll get games in the League Cup but apart from that he needs multiple injuries to get in the side.

Up front for one spot he's behind Graham, Gallagher and Armstrong. Out wide for two spots he's behind Downing, Gallagher, Downing, Rothwell, Armstrong and maybe even Chapman and Buckley.

I can see him getting loaned out in Jan. What an absolutely terrible signing. Potentially one of the all time worst when you consider how much he cost compared to our budget.

If hes going to stand a chance of impressing we need to go two up front or drop Dack as Ben is a second striker. Not a wide player or a target man. But why would you drop players who are clearly miles better than him to accommodate him?

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yet in the Mowbray Out topic when a poster gave examples of why he thought Mowbray was a good manager you considered him as being too kind.

An awful lot of posters spend their days waiting for any sort of good comment about TM to be posted to very quickly try and pour cold water on it.

Phillipl's post was a good one and accurate too, regardless of whether "that's always been the way". A good performance and peoples post count goes down 75%; a loss and all of a sudden these topics become echo chambers of how much of a clueless guy our manager is

• Like 3

Danny Graham in his Rovers career to date has made 156 appearances in all competitions, scored 54 goals and 23 assists.

He has been 'involved' in many other goals. Very recently, for example, his header on to Dack to pass to Rothwell to score and winning the penalty against Boro. There will be numerous other such examples of his involvement in a process that led to a goal for us.

His 1 goal in 3 games record is continuously criticised by some for reasons only they know. Their reasoning defeats all football logic.

I think that when onfield he is now our first choice penalty taker so I expect him to have a good goal scoring record this season too, his usual goal haul plus penalties.

This will upset some, feck them.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, 47er said:

But a strange way to review a game in which the manager’s decisions derided prior to kick off, actually paid off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Danny Graham in his Rovers career to date has made 156 appearances in all competitions, scored 54 goals and 23 assists.

He has been 'involved' in may other goals. Very recently, for example, his header on to Dack to pass to Rothwell to score and winning the penalty against Boro. There will be numerous other such examples of his involvement in a process that led to a goal for us.

His 1 goal in 3 games record is continuously criticised by some for reasons only they know. Their reasoning defeats all football logic.

I think that when onfield he is now our first choice penalty taker so I expect him to have a good goal scoring record this season too, his usual goal haul plus penalties.

This will upset some, feck them.

One in three with most penalties being taken by someone else will stand the test of time against many other forwards of the past. If we assume an extra 15 goals from penalties over three years he’d be getting pretty close to scoring one in two.

• Like 3