BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

This team picks itself at the moment I’d say...

08AD79ED-D12A-48C3-A98D-FFE4321005B9.jpeg

Yeah, pretty much the team I had picked with Chapman possibly in Downing's place, or sub to replace him. And JRC a sub to replace either Rothwell or Bennett; depending on how the game is going.

And obviously, Tosin, or Lenihan in place of Nyambe if fit.

I fear TM will make Jonathan woodgate look like Pep Guardiola this weekend. Hope I'm wrong cos we desperately need the points and I sense TM needs a result. He's been a bit tetchy recently in interview which I take as a sign that he's under pressure. 

• Like 1

I think the difficult thing i have come to realise for this is the following. Do i believe the overall strength of the team has improved? I would say on paper yes, however, behind the scenes i think this very much a year of transition unlike last year, which for me was always a year of consolidation. While we talk about ambitions and finishing top 6 (rightfully so, you want to aim for as high as you can in life), with the recent talk changing our style of play to a possession attacking base football then there is no way i expect us to event be top 10. With a new system that need to be put in place with various new signings on top that the squad as a whole will need time as i expect to give it that. Yes, Mowbray can be absolutely infuriating with playing certain players out of position like Bennett at RB. But has he taking us as far as he can? I am not sure yet. I am happy of the fact I do believe we have a man in charge with the club at the heart of his decision rather than Kean or any other numpty who we had. Yes we would all like to be in the Premiership but by not right do we deserve yet. I think should finish mid table again this year, that is alright we need Gallagher, Brereton, Travis, Nyambe to make the step up now and show that they are the core of our team. I do agree we cannot rely on an aging Downing and Graham consistently either. 

VS Boro i do expect a defeat they are a very good team, but a draw would be a good result. 

I think we can say with certainty it wouldn't be worse than Kean. Obviously someone better than Berg, Voldemort or Coyle. As I've said several times the club should approach Jason Wilcox. Some people want Johnson but Wilcox is the one I would want. Mainly because (other than his credentials which are higher than Johnson's) if he was any good perhaps he wouldn't leave after 5 minutes. Can't say that for many people. Wilcox has said in the past that he regards Blackburn as home and in his case I don't disbelieve it.

...and people will say Venkys, etc or he wouldn't want to leave his current role. Or he's not expressed any interest in first management. Well people can ask for a start can't they? After that my approach would be what the New York Cosmos did to sign Pele (who admittedly is not quite comparable to Wilcox) and aside from the money the lead negotiatior said "I decided I was going to do it. That was all there was to it. It wasn't a question of whether shall we or shall we not. It was the obvious thing to do, so we bloody well do it. I'm afraid that's my attitude in life."

Well that's my attitude as well. I've suggested Wilcox before and I will again unless more people do the same (because then I won't need to) because he's the right man with the right mentality and the right personality. If I was the one in charge of hiring managers I would constantly reach out to the point of pestering if needed. I guess part of it as well would be to see him succeed and then those who booed him as a player and didn't give him the respect he deserved will have no choice. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yep, Bennett, Armstrong and Gallagher will probably be unfairly wedged into a role that someone else deserves more. He will have Bennett right back with Armstrong and Gallagher stuck on the wings. So frustrating. 

Gallagher & Armstrong should not be starting IMO. I would like to see Gallagher score some goals but not worth the risk when we know what Graham & Dack can do. Armstrong below par in my eyes. Rothwell ahead please.

• Like 2

He needs a result. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see Graham back in. He hinted as much the other day when he said his DG will still be often used for home games when there is less chasing down for forwards to do (theoretically).

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Johnson

Rothwell Dack Downing

Graham

Subs: Leutweiler, Bennett, Evans, Chapman, Armstrong, Gallagher, Hart

I'd have JRC on the bench in place of Evans, and Brereton instead of Armstrong. The bench is pretty solid these days.