BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pricing at Ewood.

They’d certainly have to reduce prices. Or ban people bringing their own food/drink in.

I certainly won’t be buying.

Typical Waggott approach though. Assume you have a monopoly and fans will just have to pay.

Here’s an idea, make prices cheap and sell more volume. Now where have I heard that before...? ? 

They’ve probably done a comparison with Vue cinema food prices. Another place that is over-priced and almost always empty.

• Like 1

I wouldn't normally buy any food or drink but my granddaughter skipped her dinner yesterday as she wanted some chips at the game. They cost £3 but it was a large portion and they were actually very good. Significantly though I got these around 2.50 pm and there was hardly anybody else at the food outlet.

The other week I offest my club cash against a new kit for her (minus socks) and even with £23 club cash it cost me £38. This included printing her name on the back. Without club cash there is no way I would have paid the full amount.

Anyone paying £4.50 for Fosters in a plastic glass needs their head examining. Total lack of imagination at the club when you compare to what other clubs offer. 90s fayre at London 2019 prices.

The Fanzone Is going to be pretty desolate as it gets colder. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

• Backroom

They're trying to make this Jacks Fanzone somewhere for fans to meet up and have a drink before the game, at over £4 a pint that quite simply isn't going to happen. 

They've been playing some good music there the last 2 games,  make it £3 a pint  (or take a leaf out of Stanleys book and make it £2) so people can have a few and get the place bouncing before kick off. It's really not rocket science.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

Choosing between Foster’s and Dark Fruits is like choosing between a punch in the head or a punch in the groin. 

Bottles of Heineken on the concourse will do, of course! I don’t think Rovers’ prices are necessarily a rip off, but, there could do with being more imagination!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Add a real ale tent, some decent food etc. Other clubs can do it. From Bristol City to Accy.

Going through the motions like we have for years.

Brighton have set up a real ale bar in their ground in conjunction with Harvey's brewery. Presumably there's 'no demand' for such a thing here. Or it's too much effort.

What a joke the pricing and quality is. I didn't have chance to eat before setting off so thought I'd grab a pie at the game. £3.60 or £5.50 for a pie and hot drink. I got the deal of the century and the hot chocolate was just hot, see-through fluid, the colour of shitty tea and tasted of nothing other than cardboard - so crap I even took a photo of it ?. 100% will not be buying another thing from the concourse. Whoever is in charge of that, needs to quickly snap back into reality as I've never seen the queues so small.

20190817_155507.jpg

Edited by Pedro

Just now, old darwen blue said:

You don’t think £8 for a two pint plastic glass of lager isn’t a rip off?

not really. 

I bought the chips on the open fan day. The quality is miles better than last season. I tend to buy a burger from outside the ground at the burger van behind the club shop

Just now, Mattyblue said:

£4.50 for a pint of Fosters in a plastic glass ain’t a rip off?

45p would be pushing it for that swill.

how does our prices compare to other championship clubs? 

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

The League position should be irrelevant to food and drink prices. £2 a pint at Stanley. Good cask in all bars and winners hour £1 a pint.

Stanley can make those prices work with 2000 turning up for games. We can't with 12,000-15,000. Doesn't make sense.

Agreed. Much better imagination needed here and if they cracked it, both sales would increase and the overall match experience would improve, vital if gates are to build.

Kidderminster Harriers have the best food offering - a local caterer 50+ years. People actually arrive early to get their lunch. Now ironically they were once reported as the most expensive food outlet, but it doesn’t compare to the offerings photographed above!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34539808/meet-the-man-behind-the-most-expensive-pie-in-football