BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pricing at Ewood.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt membership cost 15 quid?

Does nothing to encourage one off buying. Indefensibly high pricing.

Depend if the person was a member at the start of the season doesn't it. 

Waggott has explained why it so high. Sheff Wed charged us similar prices last season as I paid it. 

I have already expresses my concerns over the prices of food and drinks plus prices of games But @only2garners said he would take some of our ideas of this forum to the next fan forum meeting. 

Also the prices of all games were announce before the season started some fans know the prices for 3 months

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott has explained why it so high. Sheff Wed charged us similar prices last season as I paid it. 

I have already expresses my concerns over the prices of food and drinks plus prices of games But @only2garners said he would take some of our ideas of this forum to the next fan forum meeting. 

Also the prices of all games were announce before the season started some fans know the prices for 3 months

I find it incredible that any Rovers or indeed football fan would defend such ridiciously high prices

The only argument I have seen is that "they did it first" which indicates that a senior executive is allowing his own attempt at petty squabbling to be prioritised over fan affordability.

The 1875 discount isnt relevant because the 15 quid discount to a new fan would be offset by the same membership fee charge.

Just because the fans "knew" about the scandolous prices doesnt make it any better. I dont think you understand what defines a casual fan, someone who isnt arsed about attending, they wouldnt have planned attending this classic game months in advance. Say the weather is bad and some amateur games get called off, will them people say right lets go down and watch Rovers instead baring in mins them extortionate prices? No chance, especially with the surcharge penalising people for making a late decision.

I genuinely think if tickets were 100 quid for a home game and it was moved to 4 in the morning you would still defend Waggott for it.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's what he has said but if he is so worried about reciprocal pricing then why are we going to be charging West Brom fans £28 when they only charged us £20 with no Waggott tax on the day. On Saturday Preston charged us £24 with no Waggott tax on the day yet they will be charged £28 when they come to Ewood. This is just Waggott trying to make a bit of money out of two well supported clubs in Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds fans after missing his season ticket target, again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's not right whichever way you dress it up. The fans forum is a waste of time. Rovers executives are quite capable of reading this board themselves.

Edited by MCMC1875

7 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Sheff Wed:

£43 BBE on the day

£7.50 pie & pint "offer"

£50.50 total.

Hang your head in shame Mr Waggott. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

It's a feckin disgrace.

I might be wrong here but is that not the highest ever Ewood Park match day price in the history of Rovers?  We are playing Owls at home in the Championship not Barca or Real Madrid in the Champions' League!!!

Was going to go on Saturday but when I went online to get some tickets and saw the prices I thought feck that.

I think Waggot generally shows very little business / commercial nous and has little feel for the club and its supporters.

IMO, we are stuffed by an incompetent CEO and football manager. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

Forty. Three. Pounds.

To watch Mowbray’s Rovers.

Anyone paying that has too much money and deserves to be ripped off.

The reality of course is that this is traded off against the three game offer - creating the illusion of ‘value’ and forcing people to buy three tickets instead of one.

With such utter contempt for fans I genuinely hope this initiative is a huge failure, just as the £10,000 lottery-that-never-was was. Otherwise it’s a green light to Waggott to keep doing this.

Overly complicate on the pitch and overly complicated off it.

The fact Sheffield Wednesday are caught in the crossfire is collateral damage. Right now Rovers have worse problems. If they had anything about them they’d vote with their feet.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£48 (FORTY EIGHT POUNDS) if you turn up on the day and choose the Jack Walker...

It’s a joke. It’s like they are going out of their way to not attract new fans.

Between the hostile pricing strategy, the brand of football, and poor results it’s testing the patience of ST holders who have already paid!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

It is actually better value going in Jack’s Kitchen when you take into account the nosh and the 10% ST holders discount.

We almost did this but decided against after choosing to do Preston away instead. Interesting shout this.

I don't usually comment on price but there is no excuse whatsoever for charging £40 in the Blackburn End  (excluding the match day surcharge) for a run of the Mill Championship fixture. £30 would probably be too much.

The fact Wednesday may or may not have charged something similar is completely irrelevant. A reciprocal pricing agreement should be a gentleman's agreement that  if another Club do your fans a favour by reducing prices you will do the honourable thing and follow suit. It doesn't mean that if you get overcharged at their place you're obliged to follow suit and rip everyone off including your own fans in the return fixture! Two wrongs don't make a right and if everyone were to adopt the same "yah boo" mentality then you just end up with a never ending spiral of price increases. Before you know it prices will be £50 or £55 etc.

Waggot' seems to be a one trick pony whose only thought is to risk permanently alienating our own fan base by chasing a quick and easy pay day when certain away fixtures with reasonable away followings come along. Depending on the elasticity of supply and demand I wouldn't even have thought that charging more to the away fans  would prove significantly more profitable than charging more fans slightly less. Certainly not just over a month before Christmas.

Its lazy and unimaginative. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of pounds a year he's earning for that genius piece of strategy. He should be earning his money by coming up with imaginative and innovative ideas to try and fill Ewood with home fans on a long term basis. Not drive people away.

The football on the pitch and the problems with the manager are bad enough already without this crowning kick in the knackers.

• Like 9