BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pricing at Ewood.

The difference is this. When Wednesday and Leeds charge us £40 then only 500 or so bother going. Our followings at Hillsborough in the last few years have been very poor. Realistically if they were £20 a person we might get up to 1500 but not much more than that.

When they come to us they will bring a lot more than that. Leeds will still bring 6000+ and Wednesday 2000-3000. 

I personally don't have a problem with returning high prices to Leeds and Wednesday. Perhaps eventually their fans will put pressure on their clubs to stop it. In an era of FFP why should our fans have to pay to help other clubs comply with rules but their fans get a cheap day out at Ewood?

The answer isnt to charge our fans the same. Two ways around it. Do what Leeds do and make the Darwen End Upper top tier pricing and the bottom tier and side stands much cheaper. Alternatively run these two games at local promotions where you can charge home fans less than away fans. Birmingham and Huddersfield both did this to us recently where home fans could get in on the cheap and away fans were charged more. We've never done it.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, JoeH said:

We almost did this but decided against after choosing to do Preston away instead. Interesting shout this.

But you have to factor in the price you’ve already paid with your season ticket or I presume you wouldn’t get a discount 

I do think that it’s priced well in there though 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The difference is this. When Wednesday and Leeds charge us £40 then only 500 or so bother going. Our followings at Hillsborough in the last few years have been very poor. Realistically if they were £20 a person we might get up to 1500 but not much more than that.

When they come to us they will bring a lot more than that. Leeds will still bring 6000+ and Wednesday 2000-3000. 

I personally don't have a problem with returning high prices to Leeds and Wednesday. Perhaps eventually their fans will put pressure on their clubs to stop it. In an era of FFP why should our fans have to pay to help other clubs comply with rules but their fans get a cheap day out at Ewood?

The answer isnt to charge our fans the same. Two ways around it. Do what Leeds do and make the Darwen End Upper top tier pricing and the bottom tier and side stands much cheaper. Alternatively run these two games at local promotions where you can charge home fans less than away fans. Birmingham and Huddersfield both did this to us recently where home fans could get in on the cheap and away fans were charged more. We've never done it.

The Darwen End upper idea should definitely be implemented, why isn't it? We don't open up the like for like seats anyway.

As for the local promotion, I don't think that is even a thing anymore? I definitely remember us doing it once (although not to the extreme that other clubs have done), about 5/6 years ago against Leeds, we charged them £34 in the Darwen end whilst Bburn end prices were £25. I think it was the game where Tommy Spurr scored the winner.