BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thin dividing lines here. A win or spirited draw and on the back of the Middlesbrough win we could argue it's been a steady yet slow start and start to look upwards. A defeat and its 3 from 4 and concerns reverberate around again. 

Hull are nothing special yet seem to have had a steady but have had an ok start to the season with a win, draw and defeat. Many tipped them to struggle this season. Surprised they managed to keep hold of Bowen who continues to bang them in. Maybe like us with Dack there hasn't been as much interest as expected.

Can we build on Saturday or will old habits return? Hull and Cardiff suddenly represent a good opportunity to progress.

• Like 3

Tom Eaves is about 6'5 so that could cause problems. Bowen is a good player but he's up against Cunningham not Bell. We shouldn't be too scared going into this one. Expect a few changes with 3 games in the week (I imagine that is why Dack was taken off at the weekend)

My Expected team:                     Walton

Bennett                  Lenihan            Williams            Cunningham

Travis                Evans

Downing/Armstrong                 Dack                       Rothwell

Armstrong/Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Nyambe, Adaraibayo, Johnson, Buckley, Downing/Graham ,Gallagher

I'm expecting Johnson to be rotated, Gallagher put a lot into Saturday 3 games in a week may be too much for Graham and they will want him to start against Cardiff at the weekend.

Go with the same team. 

We'll never get anywhere if we make needless changes every week.

There's enough fresh legs on the bench to make a change or two at half time if things aren't working out.

I can see this being a hard fought 1-0 defeat unfortunately.

• Like 4

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Go with the same team. 

We'll never get anywhere if we make needless changes every week.

There's enough fresh legs on the bench to make a change or two at half time if things aren't working out.

I can see this being a hard fought 1-0 defeat unfortunately.

Agree.

Start with the strongest eleven irrespective of 2 games in 4 days.  Goodness me, these are professional athletes.  Compare to a top tennis player (eg Federer 38 years old, Nadal 33 years old) who might spend a minimum of 18 hours on court over a fortnight (equivalent to 12 games of football!!!).

Can't see anything to fear here.

Get on the front foot and be feckin positive.

3-1 to Rovers.

Edited by Mercer

Just the type of away game we are capable of pulling off a nice counter attacking win but with the usual tinkering and lack of balance it brings i think we'll do well to get a hard fought draw.

Hull  1   Rovers  1

I might be dreaming it but Mowbray has indicated same again.

With Bowen on the right it probably makes sense to have two natural left footers but Eaves might require the height of Tosin to nullify him- assuming Tosin has recovered.

Saw extended highlights of a strong Hull performance at Brentford with Grosicky and Bowen firing on all cylinders when going forward. Over all I would say Hull look a much better balanced outfit than the rabbles we doubled last season so nobody should be thinking this will be an easy fixture. They look vulnerable to well organised counters down the flanks but make up for that by crowding the ball in the middle.

Got a feeling this will be decided by how many misplaced passes we make coming out from the back. Any more than obligatory 3 each from Bennett and Williams and we will be in trouble.

Doubt either Brereton or Smallwood will make the bench again.

Edited by philipl

Same team as Saturday for me bar Rothwell in for Downing or Gally.

Nothing against those two at all, just think this is the sort of away game we need pace on at least one of the wings to counter attack them from the get go. Cunningham seems competent enough at left back to not need a winger doing half of the defensive job for him too.

No issue if we do go the same 11 - Downing and Gally were impressive Saturday & Rothwell and Arma are good options of the bench if needed.

• Like 2

A very winnable  game against  Hull my team would be Dracula / Tosin  / Lenihan  / Williams  / Cunningham  /Gallagher only because  he work hard Saturday up and down and right and help the right back out   Rothwell  needs to work on this bit of his game,  Tarvis / Johnson  / Downing / Dack / Graham / who i would sub off  around the 75th min for  Rothwell . Gallagher  would move to center foward  and  80mins  in i would bring  Armstrong  on  for Downing  thats all i would change  unless we had injuries

Not sure how Hull have gone about strengthening their side over the summer, but I'd like to see Rovers go at them and looking for a positivie result. If there is a repeat of Saturday's energy levels and endeavour, I think we might get something. If we are back to experimental formations and players all out of position then I guess it is a formality that we wie will concede, and therefore a complete lottery as to whether we can muster any meaningful response.

Going for a sweaty 2-1 to the Terriers, I'm afraid, as even though there was much to take positives from in the game on Saturday, I am still wary of the glass jaw we appear to want to maintain.

Hull have 2 of the better wingers in this division. With Cunningham seeming like a good left back, I'd hope Mowbray recognises the need for a defensive minded player and gives Nyambe the nod at RB without the need to bomb forward. Won't happen though with Captain Fantastic.

I like Elliot Bennett as a guy and think he genuinely cares for this club and the fans but I don't rate him as a right back. We don't win games on twitter but by having quality players in the right positions.

With that in mind, my team:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Johnson

Gallagher Dack Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Tosin, Bennett, Armstrong, Brereton, Downing, Evans

Then again we are on tele so expect a dreadful performance

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Not sure how Hull have gone about strengthening their side over the summer, but I'd like to see Rovers go at them and looking for a positivie result. If there is a repeat of Saturday's energy levels and endeavour, I think we might get something. If we are back to experimental formations and players all out of position then I guess it is a formality that we wie will concede, and therefore a complete lottery as to whether we can muster any meaningful response.

Going for a sweaty 2-1 to the Terriers, I'm afraid, as even though there was much to take positives from in the game on Saturday, I am still wary of the glass jaw we appear to want to maintain.

Huddersfield will be brilliant winning a game they are not even playing in...

Hull City are the Tigers.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Are we playing Huddersfield?

25 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

i new what you ment but i can see us winning this pal

Just now, OJRovers said:

Is it on tv?

Nope, but midweek games are usually easy enough too find a stream for. Fair play too those making the trip tomorrow night! I’d take a point and I think we’ll get one. 1-1 Gally too get off the mark. Edit: Good job Bowen plays on the right wing, he’d crucify Bennett. Not that much of an easier task with Grosicki for him though, that may be our undoing tomorrow but I hope not. 

Edited by Butty