BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Agree.

Start with the strongest eleven irrespective of 2 games in 4 days.  Goodness me, these are professional athletes.  Compare to a top tennis player (eg Federer 38 years old, Nadal 33 years old) who might spend a minimum of 18 hours on court over a fortnight (equivalent to 12 games of football!!!).

Can't see anything to fear here.

Get on the front foot and be feckin positive.

3-1 to Rovers.

I believe that if we put out the same 11 from the Middlesbrough game we will give Hull a good game. We have a strong bench with Rothwell, Armstrong and Buckley. I think we will edge it  2-1

We come into this match with a bit of mojo in our wings.  Yes no goals from open play in the league, but the win in the cup and the boro results should stand us in good stead.  could be a rotated XI too boot.  Big thanks to Tom Schoefield (Rovers) & Bobby Hadgraft (Hull) for being my fans of the week. Catch their thoughts & more on the channel. 

• Like 3

• J*B pinned this topic

Bradley is due a goal. No player has had more shots in the Championship in the first three matches without scoring than Dack (12 - joint with Brentford's Sergi Canos).

Mowbray's all-time record against Hull is very good with 7 league victories, more than against any other team.

Bennet is the certainty we know, he will start at RB.

Hell of a difficult game to call, I'll wait on a result prediction until the team is known BUT Bradley will score!

I'm going for a Rovers win, it'll be tight but I think Saturday will have given the team a real shot in the arm. Hull have some good players who we'll have to watch (Bowen & Grosicki) but if we can nullify them then we can get at their back line.

They'll see this - rightly - as winnable, so if we stay tight and use the ball effectively and with pace we can hurt them on the counter. 

I'd start with Rothwell & Arma in place of Downing & Gallagher; I think the pace of those two will suit us away and I think Downing's guile & Gallagher's physicality / height will be better served versus Cardiff. Plus, Downing has already played nearly 2 full games in a week, having had a short pre season & not many games towards the end at Boro. 

I'd stick with DG & BD up front, with Gallagher & Brereton on the bench.  

I'd love to keep Travis & Johnson together but feel Evans may be preferred over Johnson for similar reasons to Gallagher, as his graft against Cardiff will be needed. Evans had a good game at Hull last season iirc, and being a former club he'll hopefully be a bit more up for it than he often is.

Back 5 picks itself with Tosin out & Bennett being captain. Unless he plays Bennett at CM alongside Travis & brings Nyambe in at right back...

But I doubt it!!

Hull 1 Rovers 2

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I also think it will be same team unless there are injuries.

Some or all of Rothwell, Buckley and Armstrong will get a shot from the bench.

Really think Brereton could be finished at Rovers.

4 goals preseason says otherwise. Just needs confidence. If it wasn't for a blatant handball he would've scored in his last game. He'll come good! :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I'm going for a Rovers win, it'll be tight but I think Saturday will have given the team a real shot in the arm. Hull have some good players who we'll have to watch (Bowen & Grosicki) but if we can nullify them then we can get at their back line.

They'll see this - rightly - as winnable, so if we stay tight and use the ball effectively and with pace we can hurt them on the counter. 

I'd start with Rothwell & Arma in place of Downing & Gallagher; I think the pace of those two will suit us away and I think Downing's guile & Gallagher's physicality / height will be better served versus Cardiff. Plus, Downing has already played nearly 2 full games in a week, having had a short pre season & not many games towards the end at Boro. 

I'd stick with DG & BD up front, with Gallagher & Brereton on the bench.  

I'd love to keep Travis & Johnson together but feel Evans may be preferred over Johnson for similar reasons to Gallagher, as his graft against Cardiff will be needed. Evans had a good game at Hull last season iirc, and being a former club he'll hopefully be a bit more up for it than he often is.

Back 5 picks itself with Tosin out & Bennett being captain. Unless he plays Bennett at CM alongside Travis & brings Nyambe in at right back...

But I doubt it!!

Hull 1 Rovers 2

No Rovers side should have Evans name in it, ever. 

• Like 5

The team put in a real shift last time out and for that reason all deserve to keep their places. If we can keep that level of grafting but produce a bit more quality, think we could have a decent season. That said, a couple of injuries at the back and we will struggle. 

What a great football match I'm specting pals...BBR against hull used to be good matches...know! About our possibilities...well we'll play against a team that will improve that's for sure i think they will play very ofensive cause needs the points they are very effective woth tje passes and they are on they grpund wich is a hard one as well...

The key will be out middle field if our men in the middle of pich can handle the match and contain the beginning we'll have chances to win plus...i think we have  better offensive options....

I spect a victory but let's face it a draw would be good enough indeed.

#TheMexicanRover 

#COYBBR 

#LancashireProud 

Oiii pal! I follow on YouTube since second half of the last campaign...im Rovers since 2001 I'm from mexico and i wish if it's possible be part of your new section on your channel....

I hope you answer even if there's no more chances...congrats you do a great work pal.

#TheMexicanRover 

#Roversince2001 

#COYBBR 

• Like 2

With hull danger coming from the flanks , it wouldn't surprise me if Nyambe came in at right back and Bennett played in front of him with Cunningham and Downing on the opposite side Travis and Johnson in midfield again and Dack left to support Graham 

Gally Rothwell and Armstrong waiting on bench if it all goes wrong 

• Like 1

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Gallagher Travis Johnson Downing

Dack 

Graham

It'll be unchanged I reckon, for the first time in a while. Only five times last year did we field an unchanged, but I think with it being an away game, we'll set up with a similar system to the Boro game - with more emphasis on the basics, and lumping it forward. Games like Cardiff and West Brom are where I think we'll get the ball back on the floor potentially and give Graham a rest.

Hull are no great shakes aside from their obvious 2 threats out wide. Their signings in the main this summer have been very uninspiring. Obviously wont be easy but we should be going there targetting back to back wins if we do genuinely have ambitions of challenging at the higher end of the division 

Dont see why we would drop our most effective striker either. 

• Like 4