BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be immediately less confidant going into a game if Graham wasn't starting 

The issue is of course, if DG does play tonight against Hull, would he then be able to play against cardiff at home?? If there needed to be a choice, I'd rather he play the home game, and play the more mobile Gally up top with Armstrong and Rothwell out wide for the counter attack for the Hull game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Gallagher Travis Johnson Downing

Dack 

Graham

It'll be unchanged I reckon, for the first time in a while. Only five times last year did we field an unchanged, but I think with it being an away game, we'll set up with a similar system to the Boro game - with more emphasis on the basics, and lumping it forward. Games like Cardiff and West Brom are where I think we'll get the ball back on the floor potentially and give Graham a rest.

We will need to play on the counter against Hull, and that team seriously lacks pace.

Personally I think he will go

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham 

Johnson Evans

Armstrong       Dack        Rothwell

Gallagher 

Not saying it's the team I want, be can see it happening, as we need pace on the flanks.

Anyhow I think we will breeze this one, they where really poor last year and we did the double and 2 clean sheets.

2-0 Dack and Gallagher 

• Like 1

Fine margins at this stage of the season which psychologically could make a huge difference.

Win and unbelievably it will have gone from a disaster to a decent start to the season in just three days.

Draw and it's a bit of a"'meh" start but we should be clear of the bottom of the table.

Lose and we're still down amongst the dead men.

Expecting a loss tonight but like I say, one win and the prospects look completely different.

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

The issue is of course, if DG does play tonight against Hull, would he then be able to play against cardiff at home?? If there needed to be a choice, I'd rather he play the home game, and play the more mobile Gally up top with Armstrong and Rothwell out wide for the counter attack for the Hull game.

Agree with this and it does present a dilemma but iv'e always thought Mowbrays handling of Graham has been good although iv'e issues with the subs and tactics he uses when he withdraws him.

Now he's got a big mobile lad who can play up top or wide right so it's time to get the best out of him as well now.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, @roverseas said:

We come into this match with a bit of mojo in our wings.  Yes no goals from open play in the league, but the win in the cup and the boro results should stand us in good stead.  could be a rotated XI too boot.  Big thanks to Tom Schoefield (Rovers) & Bobby Hadgraft (Hull) for being my fans of the week. Catch their thoughts & more on the channel. 

Oii pal! I follow you on YouTube since the second half of last campaign...i from Mexico and I'm Rovers since 2001 and i waant to be on your new section of the show of curse if it's possible...i hope you answer even if there's no more chances...congrata you make a great job

#TheMexicanRover 

#Roversince2001 

#LancashireProud 

• Like 6

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Got my little Sky sports pass on Now TV for €58 for 3 months. Bargain!  

Will be glued tonight. Really looking forward to it. 

Same here! Gearing up for disappointment, although in a purely objective sense I think this game has the makings of a draw. In light of Mowbray's comments think we'll see Gallagher as a striker rather than Graham.

• Like 1

Having said I would be less confident with Graham not playing, I wouldn't be against seeing this away from home 

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Gallagher

Although I think Tony has it in him to do something like this

Gallagher Dack Rothwell

Armstrong

Whatever about the defence, we have a wealth of options in attack. It would just be nice if we got a performance sans Graham sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would be extremely unfair on Graham to start on the bench. Surely he has to start? I would be happy with an unnamed side. Possibly start Rothwell over Gallagher/Downing. 

You say it would be unfair on Graham too start on the bench which I agree with, but then you say you’d start Rothwell over Gallagher? Gallagher had a fantastic game on Saturday, why would you then start him on the bench? Rothwell in for Downing I could get behind but too suggest starting Gally on the bench is madness.

Tricky one tonight, will DG play?  I'd guess Gallagher will start up top and we will try to do what we were trying to do against Fulham, although Danny did get taken off early on Saturday so it's possible.

Last season we played very well there with Armstrong getting a rare start as striker and they were quite poor.  It's gonna be a close game no doubt but hard to see us beating them for the third time in a row if we do it will be a really good sign that we can do better this season and give us confidence for the Cardiff game.

Hopefully, Johnson is able to play most games and doesn't get leggy, he's a good footballer as well as a gritty one and he really ought to be giving the rest of the team lessons in how to time headers because he is outstanding at it.  I think if we'd have had him and Travis in the middle during Bowyer's time we would have actually made the top 6.