BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Walton great penalty saves, otherwise both teams missed big chances.

Same problem as game vs Charlton though - TM wants new football without Graham, but then why are we lumping it forward all the time seeking for a big tall center forward? Why are we playing as if Graham is supposed to be in the team?

Cmon

Just now, Stuart said:

I think I’m the only person enjoying this. Cracking tempo.

Me too- highly entertaining game.

Both sides' managements at half time will be seeing opportunities to win it.

I am not so worries about us not getting shots on target as I would be if we were having zero shots. These things tend to go in cycles and the shots on will come.

Great penalty save from Walton.

Bennett has his statutory three brain fart ball give aways. Winning this depend on him having no more.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Entertaining half but once again the manager has severely handicapped us with Bennett at right back, Gallagher on the wing and Armstrong up top. The rest of the team are playing fairly well (Johnson's mad tackle aside) but we need to switch around some personnel if we're going to score. Gallagher either needs to go to the centre or be replaced by Graham. Armstrong needs to go back out wide or be replaced by Rothwell (with Graham or Gallagher going up top). Bennett should be taken off for Nyambe but obviously won't be.

Downing has been the only proper threat for us so far. Armstrong ineffective up front and fluffed his one chance pretty tamely. Easy to see why we have the lowest shot conversion rate & shots on target in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

We are so unlucky not to be winning. Such fine lines.  Super penalty save, Rothwell to score when he comes on.

so are Hull TBF.

Enjoying the game and pleased we are not trying tippy tappy.

Dack the best footballer on the pitch.

Bennett is well remarkable. Nuff said

Really clever play by the Hull lad to win the penalty. If he touches the ball, Johnson goes in for the 50/50 and my betting would be he wins in. As it was he let the ball go through his legs so there was no ball to challenge for and then takes the foul. It’s not quite cheating but it’s very shrewd.

• Like 3

So frustrating that he persists with this 4-2-3-1 when we have never had 2 actual wingers!

Cunningham is defo an upgrade and is keeping Bowen quiet. Everything coming down our right hand side an Bennett is getting shredded, so often out of position.

Armstrong should have took it round the keeper for a penalty, showing the lack of football brain he really has.

The game is screaming for DG. We’re getting space with the ball and our midfielders feed off him so well. Bring him on and a Dack goal will follow. The game is there for the taking.

• Like 1

We dont have the quality to play from the back. Causing us problems, Johnson repeatedly caught.

Going forward, think Dack and Downing look good, and further back I have been impressed with Lenihan. Good save from a poor penalty by Walton.

Armstrong non existent, poor again in that position, and Gallagher has been the worst player on the pitch by a distance. No goals in 20 and you can see why.

Just now, Stuart said:

Really clever play by the Hull lad to win the penalty. If he touches the ball, Johnson goes in for the 50/50 and my betting would be he wins in. As it was he let the ball go through his legs so there was no ball to challenge for and then takes the foul. It’s not quite cheating but it’s very shrewd.

It was clever. He even started swinging his leg like he was going to shoot even though the ball had gone through his legs. 

No idea where the commentators get off saying they feel like Hull have dominated. The other way around if anything and the stats back that up. 56% possession for us, 1 more shot from us (same on target) and we've hit the woodwork 3 times. Better pass accuracy, more passes, less fouls, 4 corners to 1...fuck off Sky!

• Like 3