BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Very good win. Big battle this match. To be fair it was so open the result could have been anything.

Walton - I am very impressed. Great penalty save obviously, but he seems great in the air, very commanding. I hope we can keep him.

The back four - well you can see that with the 3 Irishmen we are much better at the back than last season, no doubt about that. Having said that, there were still some huge gaps in defense throughout the match, and my word we made a meal of the final 5 minutes yet again. This needs to be worked on. But yes no doubt Williams and Cunningham are big improvements.

Johnson fought very hard, he got stuck in - but also gave away the penalty and missed a header on open goal. Mixed night. Downing did good, solid and reliable.

Armstrong was missing and was poor for most of the match but to be fair had some good runs towards the end. Dack as usual our most creative player.

So good win, 3 on the bounce now, but big improvements needed.

Edited by Mr. E
  • Like 2

Wonderful win- up the football league we go!

Williams immense and MOTM just for that tackle in the 94th minute never mind everything else he did.

Downing is a great player still and Dack was excellent. Travis Johnson are a great pairing in the making- some dodgy moments but commanding.

Somebody give Armstrong a footballer's brain and we have the makings of something interesting here.

• Like 2

Any away win in this league is cause for celebration. Thoroughly enjoyed the match, thought we dominated the 2nd half in particular.

back to back clean sheets the icing on the cake.

Downing was immense, He’s a clever footballer and almost always makes the right decision.

Williams and Cunningham also stand out performers at the back.

Walton was solid, cant think of any real mistakes, and a penalty save to boot.

Travis and Johnson, yes they may give the ball away occasionally but I thought they were superb, what an upgraded pair that is on the last few years. Great drive going forward, picking positive passes. We played some great football at times and these two were the hub of that.

The spine of the team looks good, we’ve just got to fill the gaps now (Bennett was roasted today), what’s the answer on the right wing?

• Like 1

Very good win. 

Williams my man of the match. Outstanding there. Back 4 played very well. Impressed. 

Walton getting better each game. Impress by his pen save, commanding of area and coming out for crosses. 

Travis and Johnson very good. 

We got into some great positions by final ball was poor. We should have won by more. 

Impressed by Mowbray tactics. 

We can play much better as well so work in progress..

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I think I will have to continue making pessimistic forecasts for the Rovers - It has worked a treat since last week's game with the Latics.

Good solid performance this evening. Hull seemed to be a little bit uncertain of themselves and didn't really make any serious threats (that I can remember) other than hitting the woodwork in the first half.

Football is a confidence thing - this can only be good for team morale and confidence. I was extra pleased with Walton, not just for his excellent penalty stop, but he kept his concentration and dealt with that late high ball into the box very confidently and safely. Defence looked solid tonight, midfield worked hard and moved the ball well, our attacking players got in where it hurts (but without really hurting Hull). Gally and Arna worked hard, and both need either some goals to come from their deliveries, or to get on the end of something themselves, which I think will bring them on even more.

Did we look a 'good' side? Well, we certainly didn't look a poor one, and the result was fully deserved. 

Isn't it great to watch the proper strip away too? Makes the win even more enjoyable, for me anyway.

Great result that.  Looked really solid second half.  Downing still has a bit of pace for 35!  A really hard working performance.

Only criticism  would be Bennett getting skinned every time by their winger.  

Should also give an honourable  mention to Walton who was pretty faultless tonight.  Long may it continue.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

If Nyambe could develop a bit more this season our defense would be absolute quality. 

Totally agree he showed such promise but has gone backwards due to Tony persisting with Bennett. 

Still not convinced by this new style of play, particularly against the better teams. We don't have the players to pass out from the back and it results in us giving the ball away in dangerous areas and better teams than Hull will punish us. We also still don't seem to be clicking as an attacking unit, we have two target men in Graham and Gallagher so let's play to their strengths. 

It's very pleasing to see every signing made is an upgrade. Think Tony has done very well.

Although I have reservations playing Gallagher and arma as wingers. Weakest area is Bennett at right back but he is the captain and won't be dropped. 

I can't see how Bennett gets onto the team if nyambe cones in. Let's kick on and get a few more bums on seats at ewood. Very pleasing week 

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

Walton looks far more dominant and assured than Raya ever did.

As with the win over Boro. Key moment - coming out and catching the ball at the back post when 1-0 up in injury added time. Raya would have had a panic attack.

• Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

The contrat between our left hand side and the right hand side is quite staggering.

If Mowbray can resolve the right side, we have some real potential to do something this season.

Drop Bennett. 

Solved. 

However, you must say that is now out of the question. Imagine dropping your captain, replacing him and then dropping the replacement. Bennett is our RB and that’s that. 

Good performance, all the decisions went our way for once, on another night the goal gets chalked off for a foul by Armstrong and Cunningham concedes a pen at the end. However we deserved the win and thought Cunningham Travis and Downing were excellent.

What a difference a week makes, seven days ago we were trailing to League 2 Oldham at the end of normal time. What a difference it makes when you can keep clean sheets as well.

If Mowbray would just drop Bennett..........

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

The contrat between our left hand side van the right hand side is quite staggering.

If Mowbray can resolve the right side, we have some real potential to do something this season.

Great point. That triangle of Cunningham, Johnson and Downing is brilliant. I’d like to see Nyambe, Travis and Rothwell on the right.

• Like 1