BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We are looking a better side. Why? Better players. It’s that simple.

Mowbray will have wanted that level of performance since he took over but players like Bell, Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Conway are not capable of providing it (or at least can’t provide it anymore in some cases).

All I ask for my club is that it strives to improve each season. And last night was a sign of a club that is FINALLY behaving like an outfit with ambition. Here’s to the rest of the season.

We are 10 times the team without Evans & Smallwood. Would of been a 2-0 defeat ig those were in CM.

• Like 1

Hull fans are massively full of praise for William's. Its risky when you factor in injuries but maybe, just maybe Mowbray had confidence in the Lenihan and William's partnership going off how well they played together last season too. Tosin gives us that backup when fit, at least I hope he's backup now and isn't slotted straight back in the team.

Pretty sure we would have crumbled in the last 15 last season, the commentary team were quick to point our issues out, last night I wasnt the nervous wreck I was ALL last season though!

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

Hull fans are massively full of praise for William's. Its risky when you factor in injuries but maybe, just maybe Mowbray had confidence in the Lenihan and William's partnership going off how well they played together last season too. Tosin gives us that backup when fit, at least I hope he's backup now and isn't slotted straight back in the team.

Pretty sure we would have crumbled in the last 15 last season, the commentary team were quick to point our issues out, last night I wasnt the nervous wreck I was ALL last season though!

I suspect Tosin is another level higher again. We will see on Saturday when I expect Tosin and Lenihan in the middle and Williams to LB or perhaps we will go 3 at the back with Bennett and Downing as genuine wing backs. I would like that formation as Cardiff look to be capable of being overloaded in defence with quick attacks.

By the way I would stick with Gallagher where he is until Chapman is fully fit.

Just now, philipl said:

I suspect Tosin is another level higher again. We will see on Saturday when I expect Tosin and Lenihan in the middle and Williams to LB or perhaps we will go 3 at the back with Bennett and Downing as genuine wing backs. I would like that formation as Cardiff look to be capable of being overloaded in defence with quick attacks.

Surely if Chapman is playing for the U23's he is fully fit. Just not quite trusted at first team level?

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Armstrong blatantly fouled their keeper by backing into him with force and putting him off balance.

VAR would have spotted it.

If we had conceded in a similar fashion we would all have been in riot mode.

If we had conceded that goal I would have been claiming offside against Armstrong tbh.

That said I thought the officials, the referee in particular, had an excellent night. His use of cards was spot on.

• Like 2

Just now, philipl said:

I’d be shocked if he breaks up the Lenihan-Williams partnership. Think he’ll just bring in Bell.

• Moderation Lead

Very happy with the performance last night.

Not sure what I can say that hasn't been covered by numerous posters, to be honest, but that was a very good victory indeed.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Wood26 said:

We always have a fall guy, this time last year it was Williams now hes universally loved.

For me he edges it over Nyambe, but because Nymabe is young some fans will want him. Either way no doubt we will have 5 months of people demanding a new right back in January. I’m not against that, but he’s our skipper and he’s here to stay for now so hopefully people get behind him.

Not really, me personally? I would rather we played a full back at full back to be honest.

15 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We are 10 times the team without Evans & Smallwood. Would of been a 2-0 defeat ig those were in CM.

Huge upgrade over those two. But the bigger impact in my opinion is dropping Mulgrew, Bell and Raya. Means that we are not vulnerable to simple balls down the channel which is where we conceded so many late goals last year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We are looking a better side. Why? Better players. It’s that simple.

Mowbray will have wanted that level of performance since he took over but players like Bell, Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Conway are not capable of providing it (or at least can’t provide it anymore in some cases).

All I ask for my club is that it strives to improve each season. And last night was a sign of a club that is FINALLY behaving like an outfit with ambition. Here’s to the rest of the season.

Agree 100%. The perfornance wasn’t perfect but it was exactly what the manager has been talking about wanting to do for two years. “Let’s go there, get on the front foot and cause them some problems” 

The summer signings in general have been fantastic and a massive improvement. The only question mark at the moment is Gallagher but the margins with strikers are so slim. He had two chances against Charlton and a header just past the post vs Fulham. If one of those goes in then the next one does too and that header across the box last night is aimed into the top corner. Personally I’d stop playing him on the right and set up a straight dual with DG for that top spot. I think Gally will be a top top player for Rovers.

Note - I can see why TM doesn’t play DG away from home. Literally looks like a different player! Non existent when he came on. Weird.

• Like 2

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Anyone who thinks Bradley Jonson is bad doesn't understand football in my view. Yes he'll give the ball away because he constantly looks to pass forward and yes he'll pick up yellow cards and even give pens away because he's physical and combative. But he combines technical ability and physical play like no one we've had in midfield for years. He covers so much ground, never hides or shirks or looks to do the easy thing. Absolute nuisance in midfield and I love it. 

And he didn't even have that good a game last night!

This ????

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Who thinks Johnson is bad? Not seen a single post saying that. Been a monster in there since the opening day.

I've actually seen a couple, to be fair.

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

If we go three at the back and wing backs Gallagher can't play where he has been.  We would probably go two up top in that scenario.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Agree 100%. The perfornance wasn’t perfect but it was exactly what the manager has been talking about wanting to do for two years. “Let’s go there, get on the front foot and cause them some problems” 

The summer signings in general have been fantastic and a massive improvement. The only question mark at the moment is Gallagher but the margins with strikers are so slim. He had two chances against Charlton and a header just past the post vs Fulham. If one of those goes in then the next one does too and that header across the box last night is aimed into the top corner. Personally I’d stop playing him on the right and set up a straight dual with DG for that top spot. I think Gally will be a top top player for Rovers.

Note - I can see why TM doesn’t play DG away from home. Literally looks like a different player! Non existent when he came on. Weird.

I found myself wishing Danny would visit his barber (hairstylist) as he spent his time onfield flicking his hair out of his eyes.

He didn't have much by the way of service or support though.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

I've actually seen a couple, to be fair.

A bad player, or having a bad game?

Second one is subjective, 1st one? They can feel free to bring back Smallwood or Evans or Lowe or Williamson or Akpan.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Who thinks Johnson is bad? Not seen a single post saying that. Been a monster in there since the opening day.

I don't think anyone has said he is bad (apart from Reveridge...) but he does have a tendency to lose the ball in very dangerous places. I can see him developing into a problem for us if he can't cut it out.

Some have said it. I even read him described as a "pub player" last night 

I love him in the team. He's the exact type of player I like. He miscontrols the odd time and looks a bit clumsy, but that aside he is worth his weight in gold to a team. The tackling, snarling around midfield, it's what we have missed since arguably Savage. He can play a bit as well. He has a knack of being involved at both sides of the field. Some good, some bad, but he never shys away from getting involved. No doubt about it that him and Travis are the best midfield pairing we have had since dropping from the premiership. 

• Like 7

Although chuffed to bits with the win and clean sheet I can't get carried along with some of the euphoria I am reading. In the first half nearly all of Hull's chances came from our errors, primarily giving the ball away cheaply and at times over playing in the wrong areas. On another night we could have been punished.

In my opinion there is still lots of work to do with this squad but results and clean sheets will certainly build confidence.

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

Although chuffed to bits with the win and clean sheet I can't get carried along with some of the euphoria I am reading. In the first half nearly all of Hull's chances came from our errors, primarily giving the ball away cheaply and at times over playing in the wrong areas. On another night we could have been punished.

In my opinion there is still lots of work to do with this squad but results and clean sheets will certainly build confidence.

Of course. But I can see better footballers in key positions, to me that is the most important development over performances and the obvious need to cut out mistakes at this stage.

• Like 1