BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

£10,000 Cash Prize / ST Target

Absolutely no chance 1400 more  people are going to sign up in late August for the standard price with the season underway and two home games already played.

Surely this should have been promoted all summer... or Waggott really doesn’t want to miss his target two years in a row. Real desperation stuff as he’ll know sales slow to a trickle at this stage.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Absolutely no chance 1400 more  people are going to sign up in late August for the standard price with the season underway and two home games already played.

Surely this should have been promoted all summer... or Waggott really doesn’t want to miss his target two years in a row. Real desperation stuff as he’ll know sales slow to a trickle at this stage.

I should’ve read it first!

Furthermore, the club will knock off the price of a match ticket for the first two home games from the Season Ticket price. So, anyone with a Charlton Athletic or Middlesbrough match ticket can contact the Ticket Office on 01254 372000 and take advantage of the offer … AND be included in the £10k prize draw”

A modicum of sense.

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I should’ve read it first!

Furthermore, the club will knock off the price of a match ticket for the first two home games from the Season Ticket price. So, anyone with a Charlton Athletic or Middlesbrough match ticket can contact the Ticket Office on 01254 372000 and take advantage of the offer … AND be included in the £10k prize draw”

A modicum of sense.

Still seems crazily optimistic/completely unrealistic but would be fantastic if it happened.  They shouldn't be criticized for trying stuff though.  

• Like 1

I’m sure that deduction pledge wasn’t on the article originally. Quite right they should be deducted from the cost! But 1,400 sales at this stage? Come on!

I am the last person to decry any attendance initiative. But to wheel this out just days before they are usually withdrawn from sale (after the third home game) is pure desperation and a sign of pressure from above.

Waggott obviously believed we would be increasing sales significantly this summer and he’d be hitting his target. Pure hubris from him as finishing 15th in the second tier and an average at best summer window is not going to lead to increased sales of any note. I’m just relived we’ve pretty much matched last season’s.

He’s still no nearer to understanding our fanbase.

Edited by Mattyblue

He must have genuinely thought that people would see the prize freeze as a real term reduction.

Who is he using as a sounding board? Don’t the FF tell him when he is barking up the wrong tree?

This half-hearted last minute pledge seems like a desperate attempt to get his targets without compromising his pricing strategy.

The other problem is, if he doesn’t hit his target this year, he may decide that the fanbase isn’t price sensitive and simple increase prices again next year.

You want numbers? The price is £199 Riverside and £239 BBE.

• Like 2

They'll do well to shift another 400 at this stage so then the focus shifts onto being in a great position before Christmas so they can shift a decent number of half STs

I'd say the focus should be on walk ups now but that only seems to apply to praying for big away followings to justify Cat A and A+