BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

26 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Couldn't agree more. Bell has his weaknesses but did improve last year, and should be hungry to try and get his shirt back. 

Even if we play Hart (would Downing be a possibility?) Williams absolutely deserves to keep his spot there. 

One of the things sorely missing from this club probably since Big Sam has been partnerships being allowed to develop in key areas, too much swapping around and people coming and going etc.  Dack and Graham have got one but now can't play every game together but there's been nothing in the middle or in defence but now there are signs there could be i'd do all i could to leave them be and let them grow.  To me that's how just build the spine of good teams they don't always need to be the best players on the books they just have to gel.

Bell should be hungry but i don't think that's been a problem with him i just don't think he's good enough but now his job ought to be back up to Cunningham so he'll have to step in and perform when asked.

• Like 1

I'd be playing Hart too for this one, he can't really do much worse than Bell. Who ever plays though you'd expect Cardiff to try and exploit us in the wings against weak full backs.

It'll be interesting to see how they react tonight after their pasting on Sunday. Imagine they got the mother of all bollockings off Warnock.

Before we give them too much credit they conceded 3 goals against both Wigan and Reading so far, 2 of the weakest teams in the league and scraped by Luton. Nothing to fear although I accept it won't be a walk in the park.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

In what way?

I thought his one-on-one defending was getting better. He was forever letting his man get past him/getting a cross in at the start of his time with us which didn't happen has frequently as the season went on. Grabbed a couple of goals and travels well with the ball too, albeit with his final ball still being pretty awful. Not denying for a second that Cunningham doesn't look like a massive upgrade, but I think Bell's steady improvement would've been commented on a bit more had it not coincided with our bad run.

In any case, my main point is that Williams should definitely remain at centre back. If Hart gets a run out against Cardiff then I've got no issue with that.

Big miss with Cunningham missing out and i hope Williams stays at center half and i dont want Bell back in at left back so Hart for me . Only worry  ive got is who's going to score the goals Graham  looked well off the pace when he came and we went long . What i wouldn't  give for 12 million proven stricker  nevermind draw for me

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Got to defend those long throws- Cardiff play like a Rugby Union side kicking for touch!

Need the height of Tosin in there.

I'd only be asking him to start right back in that case as willy old Warnock will target our weaknesses main one being right back.  His height would still be on the pitch to help out defending set pieces.

14 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I thought his one-on-one defending was getting better. He was forever letting his man get past him/getting a cross in at the start of his time with us which didn't happen has frequently as the season went on. Grabbed a couple of goals and travels well with the ball too, albeit with his final ball still being pretty awful. Not denying for a second that Cunningham doesn't look like a massive upgrade, but I think Bell's steady improvement would've been commented on a bit more had it not coincided with our bad run.

In any case, my main point is that Williams should definitely remain at centre back. If Hart gets a run out against Cardiff then I've got no issue with that.

Bell just doesn’t have it. Nowhere near enough quality when it comes to distribution and a poor defender - just not a Championship standard full back.

He’s had an extended run at it but now a better player has come in, that’s football.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Hart is nowhere near good enough to be starting in the Championship and even if he were he's never done before and has played one u23 game since his significant injury in pre season. Not a chance he will be starting.

So Hart hasn't proved himself not good enough. Whereas Bell is proven not good enough at full-back. I know that I would take a risk and try Hart.

• Like 1

I’m torn in the LB issue. Any other opponent and it’d be criminal to move Williams back out wide, but we need as many good tall header-ers in our box as we can get.

All together now, to the tune of “Nice one,Cyril”:

”Fuck off, Derrick; Fuck Off, Son; Fuck off Derrrrrriiiiiick; You’ve scuffed another one”.

Could be the new “Beamo!”

• Like 3

Just now, OJRovers said:

Bet Tony is desperate to put Tosin at RB to deal with Cardiff’s long balls. We’ll see if there’s been an agreement to only play him at CB.

If Bennett ends up being thrown in at left back to accommodate Nyambe or Tosin then he deserve a knighthood, not the captaincy!

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If Bennett ends up being thrown in at left back to accommodate Nyambe or Tosin then he deserve a knighthood, not the captaincy!

Has any player every played absolutely every position professionally? I think he was shoved up front for us once wasn't he, so he'd just be centre half and goalie away from the full set!

We should be able to trust Bell enough to step in for the odd game otherwise what's the point of him. We also should be able trust the manager enough to put Cunnigham straight back in as first choice he's clearly head and shoulders above anyone else here in that position.

These are the tough ruthless choices TM has to make these days if he's true to his bold words early summer.

• Like 1