BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hoillett did absolutely nothing wrong imo. He wasn't an Allardyce type player and therefore wasn't given a contract or opportunities commensurate with his ability and by the time he came to the fore under Kean (strangely) his contract was running down and he could pick and choose the best offer to go elsewhere.

In fact he's the last player Rovers fans should be calling out imo as it was largely down to him we didn't get relegated at the end of Kean's first season in charge. But there's football fans for you  I suppose.

I thought his poor performances and Kean's reliance on playing him was a major reason why we went down.

Hoillett did absolutely nothing wrong imo. He wasn't an Allardyce type player and therefore wasn't given a contract or opportunities commensurate with his ability and by the time he came to the fore under Kean (strangely) his contract was running down and he could pick and choose the best offer to go elsewhere.

In fact he's the last player Rovers fans should be calling out imo as it was largely down to him we didn't get relegated at the end of Kean's first season in charge. But there's football fans for you  I suppose.

Not like he leaked a release clause to anyone either with the intent of screwing the club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frosty said:

Whatever your opinion on the players themselves is, nobody can say that £12.5m (I think it’s slightly higher) on three players for Rovers is ‘peanuts’.

And while it looks like Gallagher will be a regular, Brereton looks further away from a starting spot than ever. 

Oh, in Championship terms it is small beer for 3 players. Big money for us I agree. I am happy with the 3 anyhow. :-)

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Backed us to win. Why do I do this to myself?

I have £400 on us at 12/1 for promotion.

Could do with the £5000.

Won £5000 in the past when Rovers finished 6th in the Premier league; beating Bolton on the final day. £300 on at 16/1

And I was nervous enough beforehand watching games.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I have £400 on us at 12/1 for promotion.

Could do with the £5000.

Won £5000 in the past when Rovers finished 6th in the Premier league; beating Bolton on the final day. £300 on at 16/1

And I was nervous enough beforehand watching games.

You "could do with the £5,000" yet are happy to put £400 on a 12/1 bet? A likely story. 

I'd say it as much down to Nelson, Samba and one or two other senior pros grabbing hold of the dressing room that gave the likes of Hoilett at least some platform to produce on, which he did to be fair.

Greedy lazy little toad though who got offered -allegedly- 65k pwk but still chose to move.  Mind you we don't know what % of that Kean & Anderson might have wanted back !

• Like 1

Just now, Vilesinner said:

It's a long term investment. Gallagher was quoted as £10 million last January, and we got him for £5; makes BB almost free. ?

Dack was quoted at £20 million in January, bet we don’t get £10 million... we can all play this game!

Hoilett was so good the season we avoided regulation. I remember his double at wolves. He completely carried us that day.

In the Kean era, I couldn't blame any player for wanting to get out any way they could. It was a circus and not a place to build a career.

I will welcome back Hoilett like any other former player, a nice round of applause 

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Hoilett was so good the season we avoided regulation. I remember his double at wolves. He completely carried us that day.

In the Kean era, I couldn't blame any player for wanting to get out any way they could. It was a circus and not a place to build a career.

I will welcome back Hoilett like any other former player, a nice round of applause 

I think the double at Wolves was actually the season we went down. We beat them 3-0 on that last day when we stayed up and Hoilett didn’t score two. I’m pretty sure he scored two in a 2-0 win there the season we went down. I agree though I don’t blame him for leaving and can appreciate what he did for us here. I won’t be jumping up cheering for the guy but I certainly won’t be booing him. Our fans do love a good boo at home though so I’d expect him too get a few ?

Just now, Butty said:

I think the double at Wolves was actually the season we went down. We beat them 3-0 on that last day when we stayed up and Hoilett didn’t score two. I’m pretty sure he scored two in a 2-0 win there the season we went down. I agree though I don’t blame him for leaving and can appreciate what he did for us here. I won’t be jumping up cheering for the guy but I certainly won’t be booing him. Our fans do love a good boo at home though so I’d expect him too get a few ?

Was it? Bloody hell the mind plays tricks. We all walked out singing "we are staying up" before a huge fight broke out with the wolves fans walking to the train. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Butty said:

Without checking I thought we won 3-2 on that final day. From memory we were three up and playing really well and sloppily conceded two and then backs to the wall. I distinctly remember lots of Wolves fans on the pitch at the end of the game applauding us and we reciprocated.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Without checking I thought we won 3-2 on that final day. From memory we were three up and playing really well and sloppily conceded two and then backs to the wall. I distinctly remember lots of Wolves fans on the pitch at the end of the game applauding us and we reciprocated.

Yes you are indeed right it was 3-2! You correcting me correcting someone else sums up how my day has gone today ?

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Correct 3-2 after being 3 up at half time. Season after 2-0, i was there both games, the second game you could tell both sides were going down, even though we won.

People said during last season that this would be Breretons breakthrough season. The problem always was if we got another striker, which we needed, i struggle to see how Brereton would get much game time. He is 4th choice up front and well down on choices for a wide position. 

He certainly didn't take his chance against Oldham and I'm struggling to find a place on the bench for him when everyone is fit.  It's a big outlay for someone who now doesn't really justify getting on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, AAK said:

Correct 3-2 after being 3 up at half time. Season after 2-0, i was there both games, the second game you could tell both sides were going down, even though we won.

Ironically our next Premier League game was against Wolves on the first day of the following season. Like you I was convinced we would get relegated to such a degree that I rang 606 and told Jason Roberts and Darren Fletcher just that. I said the club was rancid and Kean just wasn't up to it. I was pretty much derided by both with them saying it was too early to make such predictions, give Kean a chance and all the other nonsense we were force fed on by the media. I'd love to bump into either of them smug b******* now to tell them I was right. ?

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Ironically our next Premier League game was against Wolves on the first day of the following season. Like you I was convinced we would get relegated to such a degree that I rang 606 and told Jason Roberts and Darren Fletcher just that. I said the club was rancid and Kean just wasn't up to it. I was pretty much derided by both with them saying it was too early to make such predictions, give Kean a chance and all the other nonsense we were force fed on by the media. I'd love to bump into either of them smug b******* now to tell them I was right. ?

So it was you! Well done...

Two things got me..One was the whole Jason Roberts public media  bullshit and his unforgiveable, pro-Kean/Venky stance to concerned callers.

Aint no Howard Gayle is he?

The other was the fact that Venky's and their stakeholders took a team that had barely scraped up under a crap manager and not only left said crap manager in post, but further weakened the team. 

Relegation was a certainty, just as it was, a few years later, when they weakened the terrible team that Lambert "deserted". That time, they parachuted in Owen Coyle in an almost mirror image of 2012.

Gotta wonder why!

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Relegation was a certainty, just as it was, a few years later, when they weakened the terrible team that Lambert "deserted". That time, they parachuted in Owen Coyle in an almost mirror image of 2012.

Gotta wonder why!

Maybe they were still ‘naive’.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

So it was you! Well done...

Two things got me..One was the whole Jason Roberts public media  bullshit and his unforgiveable, pro-Kean/Venky stance to concerned callers.

Aint no Howard Gayle is he?

The other was the fact that Venky's and their stakeholders took a team that had barely scraped up under a crap manager and not only left said crap manager in post, but further weakened the team. 

Gotta wonder why!

And you'd never ever bet against similar happening again that's why there's a rush from a lot of fans to try and get promotion then at least the Prem money and parachutes would keep the club solvent for a while.

Well as long as it takes for someone else to figure out how to bleed most of it away that is !

• Like 2