BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

For this instance I’d play downing in at lb. bell has never fully convinced and I just think it’s a mistake waiting to happen. Williams is horrible at left back and deserves to be centre after displays. 

my team would be 

walton

nyambe 

lenihan 

williams

downing

rothwell 

travis 

johnson

chapman 

dack

gallagher 

but we all know Bennett will be right back 

Why would you move downing?  He's been good playing forward and is in form, leave him be.  

TM should pull a rabbit out of the hat and go 3 at the back, Williams, tosin, and lenihan with bell (pace) at left wing back.  Travis n Johnson in midfield,with downing,rack and Graham up top.

Not sure about the clamour for Downing at LB. Has he ever played there? He has a bit of pace for his age but he is not the most mobile and would get turned inside out by a flying winger? 

Besides that, he has been doing some great stuff where he is and we would lose that. Has to be Bell, Williams or Hart at LB - Bell and Williams there scares the pants off me particularly with Bennett on the right and Hart, well, he is pretty much untested at this level.

Pretty sure he’ll play three at the back to counter the aerial assault. With Benno and  one of Bell or Hart as wingbacks. A midfield three of Downing, Johnson and Travis and Dack off Graham.

Bench - Leut, Nyambe, Evans, Rothwell, Arma, Gally

* Id personally play Downing lwb, Dack in the midfield three and see how much trouble Gally and DG can create.

• Like 2

Should see a few extra fans on tomorrow I reckon.

Weather is looking great, we've picked up a few good results now. Not really heard how many Cardiff are bringing up though?

I think with Tuesdays team we'd definitely win this, just a few concerns with Cunny being out. Given Del's comments about playing left back I honestly don't think he will do, it's likely to be Bell, so 2 weaker full backs.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw, I'd take that i guess.

• Like 2

Warnock is a wily old goat , if he can exploit a weakness in an opposition he will , Hoilett will play left for them not right , Warnock knows his pace and trickery will cause Bennett a problem and hopefully entice a silly foul or 2 , if Bell plays he will expose his lack of  concentration and not play an out and out winger , somebody like Joe Ralls who drifts around the pitch will play there or a big strapping centre forward

Edited by AJW

Pretty sure we shouldn't overthink this. Williams was fantastic on Tuesday at centre back and awful at left back last season - leave him where he is. We would like to get Tosin's height in there but I wouldn't break up the Lenihan-Williams partnership nor would I change formation to 3 at the back.

Downing was man of the match midweek playing left mid. Leave him there, I'm sure he'd have a good go at left back but he's 35 and has never really played there before.

Round peg round hole, Bell or Hart straight choice. 

• Like 6

IF

Rovers solve the Cunningham LB absence adequately AND

Continue their game on game performance improvements, Rovers could win surprisingly easily

BUT

How likely is that?

Been watching Cardiff's recent game highlights (and Hoilett did play on Wednesday so apologies about that) and they look like a side which might begin to click explosively and give someone a tonking- threats all over the park.

HOWEVER,

That is one hugely un-Warnock like defence. If they continue the way they have played in all their games to date, Rovers will get plenty of opportunities but will need to be mentally sharp to exploit the half mistakes Cardiff are currently littering their games with.

I would keep Armstrong on the bench because Downing's canny football nous and Rothwell tenacity will pay dividends. Bring Armstrong bon late when the game gets stretched and if Reading is any guide, he should prosper mightily.

Two firm predictions- this will be one of the most entertaining games of the season so get down to Ewood and both sides to score looks a very good bet. If we get another clean sheet it will be a major achievement. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pretty sure we shouldn't overthink this. Williams was fantastic on Tuesday at centre back and awful at left back last season - leave him where he is. We would like to get Tosin's height in there but I wouldn't break up the Lenihan-Williams partnership nor would I change formation to 3 at the back.

Downing was man of the match midweek playing left mid. Leave him there, I'm sure he'd have a good go at left back but he's 35 and has never really played there before.

Round peg round hole, Bell or Hart straight choice. 

Yep we won on Tuesday and played quite well so no need to make wholesale changes to personnel and formations.

Bell in for Cunningham, no problem. I really don't think he's as bad as many make out.

If it were up to me I'd bring in Nyambe and Chapman in place of Bennett and Gallagher but I'm fairly sure Mowbray won't do that so barring that I'm hoping to see just the one change.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep we won on Tuesday and played quite well so no need to make wholesale changes to personnel and formations.

Bell in for Cunningham, no problem. I really don't think he's as bad as many make out.

If it were up to me I'd bring in Nyambe and Chapman in place of Bennett and Gallagher but I'm fairly sure Mowbray won't do that so barring that I'm hoping to see just the one change.

You are on the wind up surely.

Spend topic after topic slamming our 1 in 2 striker but come out with comments like that. Outrageous.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are on the wind up surely.

Spend topic after topic slamming our 1 in 2 striker but come out with comments like that. Outrageous.

If Lambert had signed Bell..... well you know the rest ?

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

A draw is not good enough.

This is simply a MUST WIN game.

Top 6 is the only target.

I will take another 1-0 win and another clean sheet please.

Are we gonna have this every game? 

Cardiffs left back Bennett who kept Cunningham out of the team

Strachan left Middlesbrough by mutual consent after a year and the arrival of Tony Mowbray saw Bennett become a regular in the first team, as the new manager sought Bennett to play as a more attacking full-back. A proposed loan move to Bristol City was cancelled by Mowbray and Bennett was restored to the first team. He signed a new four and a half-year deal in January 2011, extending his stay until June 2015,[20] and made 28 consecutive starts under the new manager, the longest run of any player, until he was forced to miss several games after contracting mumps. At the end of the season, Bennett won the club's Young Player of the Year award. He credited Mowbray with his improved form, commenting "without him I wouldn't be where I am now.

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

For this instance I’d play downing in at lb. bell has never fully convinced and I just think it’s a mistake waiting to happen. Williams is horrible at left back and deserves to be centre after displays. 

my team would be 

walton

nyambe 

lenihan 

williams

downing

rothwell 

travis 

johnson

chapman 

dack

gallagher 

but we all know Bennett will be right back 

I rather by far Bennet...against hull he made a beautiful and ashtoning tackle that saved our asses.

Well pals another match just comming and what a match!! Very difficult match and very good team...we'll have our chances to win I'm sure...the key against cardiff will be maintain the ball so much as we can...

I know that almost think that is a sure defeat for us but i think we have chances to get a draw but ofcurse i hope and want a Rovers victory but I'm consent that they have more chances...whatever I'm waiting Gallagher could make his first goal and if our Rovers scores first..whi knows everything could happens.

#TheMexicanRover 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#COYBBR 

• Like 1