BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I can't see many goals tomorrow and feel that one goal either way could do it. We still haven't scored from open play in the league and if Cardiff score first I think they might shut up shop.

Cardiff tried that at Wigan after scoring first and lost 3-2. 

Unless Warnock finds some magic glue this week, they cannot defend by sitting back...

57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't have a one in two striker.

1 in 3 then, my mistake.

The point remains that your criticism of Danny Graham is rightly laughed at but the fact you are now giving Bell some sort of accolade shows one of two things: you are either on the wind up or what you know about the sport you can write on the back of a stamp.

Probably both.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 06:22, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought this thread had been started, but I can't find it. Apologies if I missed it

Nice game to have to test where we are at. A win here and things will be looking bright. I still have concerns about our strength in depth in some areas, but I think we have a better 11-14 than last season. Huge pity Cunningham can't play, I was getting used to us having a 75% Irish backline :) 

A few dilemmas for Mowbray now, the left back position one, but the the main one being does he start Graham. Any word on what Breretons injury is? 

I would go with the following. I just think Bell is so shot in confidence and ultimately ineffective , that I would chance Hart. If the Cunningham signing has in any way kicked Bell up the arse, then maybe him, but I would have big doubts. The issue I am beginning to find most perplexing, even in light of improved performances is Armstrong over Rothwell. I don't know if we can hope Johnson and Downing will play every game, but it's pretty clear that the two of them are quality that we have lacked for a good few years, arguably since we went down. 

Walton

Bennett  Lenihan Williams Hart

Travis Johnson

Rothwell  Dack Downing

Gallagher

As for Cardiff. Neil Warnock manages them, they signed Flint. I think we all know what we can expect from them. Will be a scrap. 

His Vagina is acting up.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2019 at 07:54, FGS5635 said:

They must have roberto carlos at left back if he kept cunningham out every week. Becasue cunningham is looking pretty epic for us.

Interested to see how good their actual left back is

No doubt on Cunningham, after his run into the box against Hull he must now be Lionel Cunningham

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

1 in 3 then, my mistake.

The point remains that your criticism of Danny Graham is rightly laughed at but the fact you are now giving Bell some sort of accolade shows one of two things: you are either on the wind up or what you know about the sport you can write on the back of a stamp.

Probably both.

Never said Bell is the greatest left back in the world but he's more than decent enough to fill in for a game or two imo.

Graham is now completely immobile and somewhat past it. People don't like facing up to the truth because he's been a popular player since he's been here and has done ok here on the whole apart from the season we got relegated.

Hopefully though he can provide reasonable back up or a different option for the last 25 mins or half an hour of games although he was very poor when he came on in that role on Tuesday night.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Never said Bell is the greatest left back in the world but he's more than decent enough to fill in for a game or two imo.

Graham is now completely immobile and somewhat past it. People don't like facing up to the truth because he's been a popular player since he's been here and has done ok here on the whole apart from the season we got relegated.

Hopefully though he can provide reasonable back up or a different option for the last 25 mins or half an hour of games although he was very poor when he came on in that role on Tuesday night.

There’s legitimately no truth in any of that.

• Like 3

Usually at this early stage Cardiff would be whipped up into some sort of juggernaut coming to town that we'd do well to get a draw out of. 

Unfortunately for those who are happy with draws and want to downplay expectations Cardiff have started off in poor fashion. 2 defeats from 2 and 6 goals conceded v Wigan and Reading and two late narrow home wins v Luton and Huddersfield suggests they are struggling. At the very least I expect to see us have a few chances and ideally get some goals. Our first half home record is terrible in terms of goals.

• Like 1

Cardiff is another winnable game as long as we continue to defend properly as we have done in the last 2 games.

I'm sure the goals will come, we are creating plenty of chances, if on theother hand we created nowt I'd be concerned. 

My biggest worry tomorrow (and it's unfortunate really) is having to replace Cunningham. Please god, DO NOT pick Bell.

I can see Rovers winning this 2-1 with an attendance of 14,178

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Cardiff is another winnable game as long as we continue to defend properly as we have done in the last 2 games.

I'm sure the goals will come, we are creating plenty of chances, if on theother hand we created nowt I'd be concerned. 

My biggest worry tomorrow (and it's unfortunate really) is having to replace Cunningham. Please god, DO NOT pick Bell.

I can see Rovers winning this 2-1 with an attendance of 14,178

Unfortunately I can't see anything else happening.

Hart is playing for U23's tonight and I don't think he will break up the Lenihan/William's partnership.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Chapman scores again for the U23 team. I get the cautious approach but he's definitely fit enough now to be more involved with the first team.

I'll Mowbrays eyes, Chapman is well down the pecking order for a first team spot.

Might play against Sheffield Utd but I'd be amazed if he starts a league game this side if Christmas.