BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Whether the right thing or not - will make a prediction that Williams will move to left back - with Tosin at centre. Not seen Cardiff play for a while - but if they are a typical Warnock side - it would make sense. For most other teams (with Cunningham out) - would play Downing at LB to get Rothwell in the team.

Just now, bazza said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Mowbray picked Tosin at right back and Bennett at left back if he is sticking with a back four.

If Bell is that useless as to not even be a suitable understudy then Mowbray should have moved him on in the window.

• Like 2

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Agreed only problem is will someone take him and his wages 

So we’d have to pay some of his wages. Complete waste of a bench spot if he can’t be trusted should Cunningham be injured.

Loan to L1 should be in the offing if he doesn’t start today. (I think he will - Mowbray can’t be stupid enough to put Williams there).

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Now then Tony... remember this is a MUST WIN game so the team you are about to announce had better reflect that.

If you have moved Williams to LB then you can completely fuck off.

You have been warned !

I’m sure that he takes your observations into consideration each time he picks his team....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

William's has excelled at CB so shouldn't move him to LB to cover Cunninghams ineligiblity. I'd grudgly play Bell there and keep the rest of the defence the same. I'd start with Downing and Rothwell out wide with Travis and Johnson in the centre with Dack playing just behind Graham. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Don’t want to see Williams anywhere near contention for left back. He’s a centre back. Let’s not try to solve one problem by creating another.

It will have to be Bell or Tosin. I’m hoping that for one game Bell can hold it together but I fear my hope is misplaced.

Tosin is non fullback either.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

How has Smallwood made the bench? 

Why is Nyambe still not starting ahead of Bennett? 

I would guess in case Johnson has to go off and we need someone to leave his foot in. Only language Warnock understands.

For the same reasons as in the last ten games, whatever they are - hardly a surprise.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Happy-ish with that asides from Gallagher on the wing and Bennett at FB. Reckon we’ll be seeing both all season long though so I best get used to it.

Rankin Costello will be a great attacking substitution for Bennett if we fall behind.

Gallagher has been excellent in the wide position so far. Maybe it's not pretty, but Wilcox and Ripley weren't either but they sure we're effective..:-)

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Rankin Costello will be a great attacking substitution for Bennett if we fall behind.

Gallagher has been excellent in the wide position so far. Maybe it's not pretty, but Wilcox and Ripley weren't either but they sure we're effective..:-)

They were both quality wingers - he ain’t! He’s a 6’4 striker being stuck out wide.

• Like 1

So Tosin and Brereton have not recovered and it is a same again except the forced change of Bell for Cunningham.

I guess Mowbray half expects a battle with Smallwood on the bench. He can only come on if we are protecting a lead.

Good to see both Buckley and Rankin-Costello on the subs.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Ripley and Wilcox were classic wingers that were a major factor in us us winning the Premier League title!

’Not pretty’ like having a lanky striker out there indeed!

I can't think what game it was but I remember Ripley picking the ball up out wide right roughly half way into our own half and setting off on a dribble. He keep coming inside each time he beat an opponent and he must have beat about  6 or 7. He got right up to the opposing keeper and slipped the ball just wide of the post ! It would have been a goal of the season contender if it would have just gone the other side of the posts !

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Didn't think Gallagher was that great against Hull to be honest.

Aside from the free kick he won which led to the goal, I thought he was pretty average.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Ripley and Wilcox were classic wingers that were a major factor in us us winning the Premier League title!

’Not pretty’ like having a lanky striker out there indeed!

Although I think he would’ve started no matter who we were playing, I suspect it was more the ‘lanky’ than ‘striker attribute that made him a cert to start today