BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray has really castrated us going forward. No courage or creativity. Dack has been missing since the start of the season. We really need to change what we are doing going forward. Get Gallagher central and play Chapman ffs. Chapman consistently looks creative, has pace and allows Dack more freedom. 

• Like 3

Couldn't see the game today but sounds like a shocker however 3 clean sheets isn't to be sniffed at just need to find the knack at the other end.

Invest c15 million all in in strikers to add to your ten goal per season man and stop scoring, invest nothing in defence to wide spread angst and stop conceding !

Funny old management going on although the tightening up in tactics is helping at the back which was much needed but maybe contributing to the lack of action at the other end.

Can't have it all i suppose.

Just now, DE. said:

Another clean sheet is great, but it seems like we're really going to struggle to score this season so we had better hope our defence stays solid. 

After our pre season transfer dealings I'd have never thought for a minute we'd be building from the back but hang on a minute.......

I'm happy to see what develops and to stand to be corrected on my previous thoughts.

I think we were quite decent up until 60 minutes, then when Warnock made the subs, we struggled until the last 5 mins.

Personally think Cardiff are going to be in the mix (top 6) and I reckon well be between 8-12th.. so not a terrible result.

Lenihan Willliams look good at the back, but agree currently looking like a struggle up top.

I think we were the better team first half but not by much.

Second half Cardiff got on top a little bit and we didn’t create much until we bucked up in the last five minutes.  

Downing lacking the energy of previous game and Johnson seemed to fade and was less influential in the second half.

Obviously we have been better at the back and seems like it’s at least in part meant we’ve been less attacking.  

Rothwell didn’t do much when he came on but should start the next game as we know he can open up teams.  

Dack wasn’t great today but he was good against Hull and decent against Boro and Fulham.

Just because we have DG up top and Gally on the wing doesn’t mean we need to lump it but it happens to often and although Gally was good on the right against Boro I think we need to try something different.

Not a bad result but we need to improve to match Mowbray’s ambitions for the season.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Only scoring 3 goals in 5 games is obviously not good, and none of them were from open play (technically the own goal was, I suppose, but still). We once again only had 2 shots on target today and if we keep that up then we aren't going to get anywhere. Need Rothwell in for Gallagher to give us proper shape along the attacking midfield, at the very least, but I get the feeling Mowbray can't drop Gallagher so he's going to be in there no matter what. 

So far it's 5 games no goals no assists for our talisman, Dack. The same for Gallagher. No goals and one assist for Downing. One goal no assists for Graham.

Early days but our attacking unit hasn't hit the ground running, to say the least. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Cardiff well organised but lacking in finishing quality.

Our best spell was in last 5 minutes but up till then we weren't quick enough. Thought Travis did ok and Bennett was careful to avoid his previous mistakes - unlucky to be booked. Graham & Dack didn't get any chance to play, Walton nearly gave it away with his non safety play and Bell was too slow, needs to think. Says it all when Williams refuses to thread a ball through to him.

• Moderation Lead

Thought we played well today, to be fair!

First half ours, second half theirs. 

Some heroic defending from both sides at times. (And some awful defending from us, which luckily went unpunished). 

Only downside for me with us at the moment is Dack. We need to find a way to get more goals from him. (And the rest of the team, in reality).

• Like 2

Well that was a real stalemate, two teams not wanting to lose.

I'm beginning to think Rev is right about DG, very poor today, no mobility, albeit that was quite a decent, physical back four.

Dack is a luxury player, today we needed a bit more from him, running with the ball or holding it up.

Lenihan and Williams looked good, Bennett not bad, Bell is not good enough even as cover for LB.

Gallagher tried but was usually second to the ball, I think Cardiff sussed our high ball as our only outlet tactic!

Johnson, Travis and Downing all played well, as did Walton.

We must remember that Cardiff were premier league last year and probably one of the favourites for top 6.

Subs were pretty good today, we made more chances with Graham and Dack off the pitch!

Clean sheets, something we were all worried we'd never see!

• Like 1

0-0 was probably the rigjt result. Thought Bennett had a good game today. Armstrong should have come on a lot earlier, they couldn’t deal with his movement when he came. Started getting on top of them too late but unlucky not to win with Williams hitting the post. 

Btw what’s happened to Rothwell this season? He’s been so poor whenever he’s come on, looks completely invisible.

• Like 2

A dour but predictable no score draw which both managers will be happy with. I thought we looked lethargic today and the energy of the last two games seemed to be lacking. Too many under hit and lazy passes meant the possession was quickly turned over as the game became a stalemate. Their only threat was the long throws until Hoillet came on as they ran at us. Aside from a couple of half chances we didn't really threaten. Whilst a point and clean sheet are welcome we have to simply be more creative. We still haven't scored from open play and we simply haven't worked any opposition goalkeeper enough.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Rovers1994 said:

Btw what’s happened to Rothwell this season? He’s been so poor whenever he’s come on, looks completely invisible.

After a brilliant end to last season he's been dropped for a 35 year old and/or a striker who doesn't even play very well out wide. So I imagine much like Nyambe his confidence isn't exactly sky high at the moment. 

• Like 3