BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

After filtering through a lot of shite and some sense, my comments are as follows. 

We were crying out for a decent defence pre season first and foremost, correct? Seems to be going ok now, correct?

Make no mistake, Cardiff were promotion favourites and WILL 100% be top 6 this season. To me today looked like 2 teams perhaps respecting each over a bit TOO much.

A good team is built from the back, we are making progress people. Of course we need to bang a few more in, it's in the pipeline 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Back in Belfast after my first visit to ewood this season. 

Decent point in my opinion, the game could have went either way. 

Plus points. Williams and travis both excellent. Walton in goal is starting to change my opinion of him. 

Bad points. We just don't look like can buy a goal at the minute. Dack,  we Downing, Graham, Gallacher all very quiet and if we were still playing now i don't think we would have scored. 

That’s me finished now with games until November due to work commitments. Onwards and upwards. 

Great effort, wish more people could get there.

• Like 4

Just now, Ossydave said:

After filtering through a lot of shite and some sense, my comments are as follows. 

We were crying out for a decent defence pre season first and foremost, correct? Seems to be going ok now, correct?

Make no mistake, Cardiff were promotion favourites and WILL 100% be top 6 this season. To me today looked like 2 teams perhaps respecting each over a bit TOO much.

A good team is built from the back, we are making progress people. Of course we need to bang a few more in, it's in the pipeline 

Cardiff will not go ish above 10th, they are Poor, and struggle away. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

pre season is very important. 

A point against a Neil Warnock team is always good point in my opinion. I havent come away with any disappointment from today game. Its a good point and happy with another clean sheet. 

Both played. fact. So we had to play that way. Dack isn't haven't an impact cos Teams have come wise to him and not getting him a kick. Today was perfect example. 

Mowbray has stop us conceding goals and make us tougher and keeping clean sheets after losing the first 2 games. You have admit that you are happy with boring 1 nil wins as long as we are doing win. You got your wish pal. cant have it both ways. so which way do you want it? 

Well at least apply some bloody consistency. Gallagher didnt do anything in pre season, nor in the first 5 games, yet you blindly accept his automatic inclusion. Rothwell scored a screamer in pre-season, on the back of a superb end to last season, yet only one start is warranted? You make absolutely no sense.

I am criticising the team selection. It is a fact that they both played and we went direct, but Mowbray chose to select them over pacier, more skilful alternatives. I wanted Graham up top, Rothwell over Gallagher. I feel that would have been far more effective. We didnt have to play that way, Mowbray chose to play that way by choosing those individuals in the first place.

We didnt win! If we had won today, totally different story, but we didnt. I was full of praise after the Hull and Boro games, and in neither of them were we great going forward, but enough to win. 

I've repeatedly said, I am very happy with the defensive side of things in recent games, I am in full agreement with you. I just find it baffling that you are unwilling to accept that going forward, whether it be team selection or tactics, its not been anywhere near good enough, 3 goals in 5 games, and very few shots on target. Defensively, much improved, attacking, very poor.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Well at least apply some bloody consistency. Gallagher didnt do anything in pre season, nor in the first 5 games, yet you blindly accept his automatic inclusion. Rothwell scored a screamer in pre-season, on the back of a superb end to last season, yet only one start is warranted? You make absolutely no sense.

I am criticising the team selection. It is a fact that they both played and we went direct, but Mowbray chose to select them over pacier, more skilful alternatives. I wanted Graham up top, Rothwell over Gallagher. I feel that would have been far more effective. We didnt have to play that way, Mowbray chose to play that way by choosing those individuals in the first place.

We didnt win! If we had won today, totally different story, but we didnt. I was full of praise after the Hull and Boro games, and in neither of them were we great going forward, but enough to win. 

I've repeatedly said, I am very happy with the defensive side of things in recent games, I am in full agreement with you. I just find it baffling that you are unwilling to accept that going forward, whether it be team selection or tactics, its not been anywhere near good enough, 3 goals in 5 games, and very few shots on target. Defensively, much improved, attacking, very poor.

we created 3 good chances today. scored one today, your attitude would be different. Apart from that reply don't really anything else to say pal

I would take another clean sheet at West Brom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Tough game to watch but some positives for me were:

- Walton made some high catches Raya wouldn’t have got, plus a really smart save down low.

- We got through Cunningham’s absence OK

- Johnson. That shot near the end from Armstrong’s pass, he had run from the halfway line to get there. Not bad for an old fella in the 85th minute.

The biggest negative for me is Dack, he hasn’t hurt anyone in five games. He does some good stuff but back in the centre circle. Given that the rest of the mids and forwards are picked to fit around his role, it’s time he stepped up. I’m beginning to think he’s been found out at this level.

I think he is being watched closely. The second he gets on the ball one or two are on him. Against Hull it was Stewart. The best players find ways around that. 

Just now, Butty said:

Seen some tweets slagging fans for hounding Bell from the stands today? I’ve never rated him as you all know but I didn’t hear any of that unless I was away with the fairies?

Bell was decent enough today, exactly what you would expect from a second choice left back. I was in the jw upper and didn't hear anything towards bell, but I did hear bennet getting plenty of shit from a few 'supporters' which was bang outta order 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You’ve changed your tune on warnock. I remember suggesting him as our manager the other year and you poo-pooed him.

You cant argue his record or his promotion record can you? 

He hasnt a very specific way of play. 

Loved him on Talksport in the morning. So honest and good on there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has stop us conceding goals and make us tougher and keeping clean sheets after losing the first 2 games. You have admit that you are happy with boring 1 nil wins as long as we are doing win. You got your wish pal. cant have it both ways. so which way do you want it? 

I'm confused, are you arguing we won?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A horrible, horrible performance to have to endure, and another toothless display going forward. Cardiff were more dangerous but ultimately it was a load of shite all round.

No need to read anything else in this thread. This sums it up perfectly.

• Like 2

A good, solid, professional performance and a team set up to beat Cardiff. The defence was well protected but the team and the manager were let down in the final third all game. Graham had two chances in the first half. Second half chances fell to Johnson and Williams as well as a couple of half chances to the likes of Downing.

Dack is completely off the boil. That’s our biggest problem at the moment. 

• Like 1

Bit of consistency at the back is not a bad thing.  Get the basics sorted which is defense then build from their.  If we can end the month without another loss in the league I feel it would have been a successful month.  A free hit midweek in the cup, but hoping for a bit of magic against WBA on Saturday.  Looking for a Rovers fan next week to help with a match preview... if interested give me a nudge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I'm not sure Cardiff are promotion favourites but will be in and around top six once they get going. Other than this I feel you're 100% right with these comments.

We do currently have a problem scoring but it will come. Over the season so far a lot of progress has been made. Following the first day defeat we had people calling for the manager's head less than an hour after the game. We then list at Fulham. This week we have 7 points from 9 and I'd hazard a guess if it had been two home wins and the draw at Hull the general mood would be better.

The defence has been improved. We started with two defeats and have solved that problem. Next job is to get the offensive players in to form.

0 points from 2 games is relegation form. 7 from 3 is at least top six. Now we wait to see how form develops.

• Like 3

We have protected the keeper well in the last 3 games and he has looked increasingly commanding.

Areas to improve, we seriously need to cut out the sloppy passing - no excuse for it. Also and unfortunately, I think Graham is looking much older this season. He is struggling - maybe it is because we've played the better teams recently but he isn't anywhere near as involved.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm not sure Cardiff are promotion favourites but will be in and around top six once they get going. Other than this I feel you're 100% right with these comments.

We do currently have a problem scoring but it will come. Over the season so far a lot of progress has been made. Following the first day defeat we had people calling for the manager's head less than an hour after the game. We then list at Fulham. This week we have 7 points from 9 and I'd hazard a guess if it had been two home wins and the draw at Hull the general mood would be better.

The defence has been improved. We started with two defeats and have solved that problem. Next job is to get the offensive players in to form.

0 points from 2 games is relegation form. 7 from 3 is at least top six. Now we wait to see how form develops.

They aren't favourites now after a shaky start, pre season it was between them and Leeds depending on which bookie you use. However, they're still 4th favourites. 

Screenshot_20190825-063529_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Bennett doesn't play left back!

Look at the post above it ?

Anyway, on the game, I just sit there knowing we're not going to score. Dack and Rothwell were linking up well at end of last season, yet Rothwell cant get a start now for some reason l.

I applaud TM in tightening up the back line, and Walton looks an upgrade on Raya, but don't expect many goals, for me TM isn't good enough to knit it all together, so we'll either have a good defence and poor attack or vice versa, don't expect both.