BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Look at the post above it ?

Anyway, on the game, I just sit there knowing we're not going to score. Dack and Rothwell were linking up well at end of last season, yet Rothwell cant get a start now for some reason l.

I applaud TM in tightening up the back line, and Walton looks an upgrade on Raya, but don't expect many goals, for me TM isn't good enough to knit it all together, so we'll either have a good defence and poor attack or vice versa, don't expect both.

I think that post might have been said , tongue in cheek. with reference to TM's selection process. Personally I would rather play without a fullback than play Bell.

Edited by rigger

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

I don’t read the sun and would advise you not to believe what you read in it as it’s a disgusting excuse for a paper.  

And the league one player stuff is clearly nonsense but you’re entitled to your opinion.

“Clearly nonsense” - he’s not a top L1 player? That’s not my opinion, it’s what the records show.

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9542746/olivia-attwood-in-talks-to-join-towie-with-footballer-boyfriend-bradley-dack-as-full-time-cast-member-after-cameo/

If he was good enough in the Championship that wouldn’t be a problem. Bacuna is a Championship standard player, nothing more (relegated from the PL with Villa and Cardiff). Dack is a top top L1 player but he has been found out. We should have taken the money.

I prefer his contributions on the pitch to tabloid / towie trash, I have no interest in.

85 starts, 37 goals. Plenty of assists, performances and persistence.

In his third season, I’m more inclined to suggest he deserves a little bit more respect and patience to start scoring again - regardless of whether his girlfriend is a vacuous C list celeb.

• Like 3

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Downing's replaced him down the left hasn't he?

If you are Mowbray. For me, Downing has replaced Armstrong on the left. Mowbray is always switching his wide players. Downing was on the right at times yesterday - before Bennett had a go.

Tbf it was very hard to pick out any kind of formation for that last 20 minutes yesterday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

A good, solid, professional performance and a team set up to beat Cardiff. The defence was well protected but the team and the manager were let down in the final third all game. Graham had two chances in the first half. Second half chances fell to Johnson and Williams as well as a couple of half chances to the likes of Downing.

Dack is completely off the boil. That’s our biggest problem at the moment. 

Dacks hand injury looks to be causing his downturn in form.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

This is going around in circles.

For me:

Play offs are the target.

An improvement on last season is the minimum expectation.

Two slightly different things.

Id like to think that wasn’t too controversial?

We'll have to disagree on this, I'd say that being in or being very close indeed to finishing in the play offs should be the minimum expectation.

I've been watching us a long time and in my experience you don't usually improve gradually bit by bit over a number of seasons. In any given season a certain manager with the requisite talent can bring in and get rid of the right players and everything just suddenly clicks irrespective of what's gone on before.

Just now, Stuart said:

If he was performing I wouldn't care if he joined Ru Paul's drag race. As he isn't performing I wouldn't let him do anything of this sort that could distract him further. 

Really do think we have the next Dunn in our midst. Great talent but never going to fulfil that potential when so distracted. 

As an aside years back when I was a kid  I think I remember a story about a Sunderland player signing up to go on a waiting list for a commercial tour of space and the club moved in pretty swiftly to stop it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

If he was performing I wouldn't care if he joined Ru Paul's drag race. As he isn't performing I wouldn't let him do anything of this sort that could distract him further. 

Really do think we have the next Dunn in our midst. Great talent but never going to fulfil that potential when so distracted. 

As an aside years back when I was a kid  I think I remember a story about a Sunderland player signing up to go on a waiting list for a commercial tour of space and the club moved in pretty swiftly to stop it. 

"We split our time between Manchester and Essex anyway".

Surely that's not ideal to start with either?

• Like 4

Nit such a good game.  A few players nit up to their recent levels, Downing, Dack.  What abiut Amari Bell?  Jeez, he started out like a house on fire, had me thinking wow this kid is really wanting to win back the shirt.  Then, he must have thought he had done enough cos he went to pot.  He's finished here for me.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its ridicilious that he has been given one start out of 5, in the most difficult game, and thats justified the suggestion that he doesnt deserve to be playing.

Sam Gallagher has had 5 starts, done nothing in any of them yet still warrants automatic inclusion.

All games at this level are difficult and challenging us in different ways cos teams play different styles/formations. 

I think playing Rothwell at Fulham was right cos how Fulham play would give him more space to do the things he is very good at. You don't see like that

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Joe Rothwell has been excellent this season and adds massively to our attacking play.

If you are going to compare anyone unfavourably to last season, it has to be Dack. Did fairly well in front of the Sky cameras but has done nothing else. He really needs to step up a gear. Looks like a lad too worried about his image. You can imagine his other half - “don’t get any bruises to your face, darlin’, we’ve got a screen test next week”.

Teams are man marking Dack now and out of games just like Warnock did yesterday with Bacuna never leaving him ever. Managers will do this now after last season form. 

His missus is far too easy for certain fans to blame all cos they don't like her and what her career involved. Time to focus on what he is doing on the pitch and leave their private lives out of it!

55 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m convinced that Mowbray doesn’t like Rothwell [as a footballer]. At the end of last season, he finally saw what the fans saw and played him - with successful results - but the first opportunity he sees to drop him he does.

Replacing him with Gallagher in order to win headers in an ineffective part of the game is bad enough but the fact that it is Dack who is now making way, just underlines that Mowbray’s current preferred style of play doesn’t fit the two of them. What a way to frustrate Rothwell, Dack and the fans - and an out of position Gallagher!

Ultimately playing this way must succeed game after game or fan patience with Mowbray will last as long as Mowbray’s does with “F.O. Derrick”. It certainly was painful to watch yesterday against a Cardiff side who didn’t look anything up to a Warnock standard.

Mowbray doesn't like Rothwell? really? :rolleyes:

Frustrate the fans? I wasn't yesterday. I was pleased with what we seen in terms of keeping another clean sheet with Lenihan/Williams partnership getting better and Walton looking better. Yes attacking not the way we should be but still created some good chances to win that game

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I’ve been impressed with Dack this season. End product hasn’t been there so clearly work to improve on but his all round play has been good and he seems to be running himself into the ground each week. He’s a cut above anything else we have.

Rothwell has plenty of potential but hasn’t blown me away this season. He has had chances and not made any mistakes but he’s also not done enough to warrant starting above Downing.

Think he’s one who gets a better reputation when he doesn’t play..

Exactly. I haven’t been overly impressed with Dack this season bar a glimpse of skill in the game against Hull and in the league cup. He hasn’t been great since the tail end of last season but I think he’s getting closed down very quickly as teams know how important he is to our attack. IMO this is the major factor in our poor record going forward. I hope Dack can find a way to cope with the extra pressure because at the minute we look toothless. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His missus is far too easy for certain fans to blame all cos they don't like her and what her career involved. Time to focus on what he is doing on the pitch and leave their private lives out of it!

Arguably Dack hasn't performed anywhere near his best since after the first international break last season.

At a time when Waggott is spouting claptrap about extracting "marginal gains" from stuff like installing a viewing gallery for the Academy lads, it's fair game to question whether your star asset should be commuting non-stop between Manchester and Essex just so his girlfriend can keep her face in down there!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“Clearly nonsense” - he’s not a top L1 player? That’s not my opinion, it’s what the records show.

He is clearly a top championship player as  the records show. As one of the top players in this league we are lucky to have him, I can’t understand why anyone would suggest anything else. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Arguably Dack hasn't performed anywhere near his best since after the first international break last season.

At a time when Waggott is spouting claptrap about extracting "marginal gains" from stuff like installing a viewing gallery for the Academy lads, it's fair game to question whether your star asset should be commuting non-stop between Manchester and Essex just so his girlfriend can keep her face in down there!

Dack scored 2 goals in the 1st 3 games then miss the next 3 games before the September international football break. 

Who says Dack is commuting between Manchester and Essex?.

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JFHC. Maybe I'm being old fashioned but the idea of Dack or indeed any professional footballer appearing in that sort of sheeeite is beyond ridiculous.

The Club need to nip that firmly in the bud straightaway if there isn't some sort of clause in his contract precluding him from certain types of other activity.

Reading the article on her "career", I can't help remembering Ena Sharples..."Common!"

• Moderation Lead

People are re writing history again and this time it’s about Bradley Dack.

He’s the best player at the club, but he happens to be out of form at the minute.

The numbers he’s posted since being here back this up. 

I think it’s a combination of needing more from him and also setting the team up to enable this. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who says Dack is commuting between Manchester and Essex?.

I might have meant the wrong international break. Imo he's been well below par since the break prior to Preston away last season.

In her own words they split their time between Essex and Manchester.

Souness wouldn't have allowed it, the players were generally expected to rest if they weren't training or playing and I remember Ken Beamish telling me the players needed permission if they wanted to do the most innocuous of things such as make a brief appearance for charity etc.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

He is clearly a top championship player as  the records show. As one of the top players in this league we are lucky to have him, I can’t understand why anyone would suggest anything else. 

Take off the blue and white goggles.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/may/20/ten-championship-players-premier-league-clubs-have-on-radar-football

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/championship-players-premier-league-moves

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/8-championship-players-who-should-be-premier-league-next-season

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-awards-2019-shortlists-revealed/

F079750E-D167-4D72-9E93-2BA4DE05521C.png.3e2ff415b6e3a84db9afe1af5e69d4a7.png

Conversely he won L1 PotS twice.

He has it all to prove after a decent bounce season. So far, not that dissimilar to Rhodes (although Rhodes was more successful) and Jon Stead.