BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Stuart said:

He has it all to prove after a decent bounce season. So far, not that dissimilar to Rhodes (although Rhodes was more successful) and Jon Stead.

To be fair I do think he is absolutely top drawer but for whatever reason he hasn't been at his best for some time.

Be a real shame if he doesn't fulfill his potential and becomes a run of the mill player at this level.

Hell fire Dack was dancing past players against Hull like Best in his prime and people are crying about him on here. He's not scoring bucket loads of goals, yet, but the lad is grafting his backside off. We must surely have the most whiny ass fans on planet earth. 

• Like 7

Just now, Ossydave said:

Hell fire Dack was dancing past players against Hull like Best in his prime and people are crying about him on here. He's not scoring bucket loads of goals, yet, but the lad is grafting his backside off. We must surely have the most whiny ass fans on planet earth. 

Certainly do.

Certain fans can't tolerate the idea that other fans might possible have a different point of view to their own and waste no time in whinging about it!

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Certainly do.

Certain fans can't tolerate the idea that other fans might possible have a different point of view to their own and waste no time in whinging about it!

Indeed. He also missed the point that the Hull game was on Sky.

He has peaked at Rovers imho. Just hope his value hasn’t fallen too much.

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All games at this level are difficult and challenging us in different ways cos teams play different styles/formations. 

I think playing Rothwell at Fulham was right cos how Fulham play would give him more space to do the things he is very good at. You don't see like that

Teams are man marking Dack now and out of games just like Warnock did yesterday with Bacuna never leaving him ever. Managers will do this now after last season form. 

His missus is far too easy for certain fans to blame all cos they don't like her and what her career involved. Time to focus on what he is doing on the pitch and leave their private lives out of it!

Mowbray doesn't like Rothwell? really? :rolleyes:

Frustrate the fans? I wasn't yesterday. I was pleased with what we seen in terms of keeping another clean sheet with Lenihan/Williams partnership getting better and Walton looking better. Yes attacking not the way we should be but still created some good chances to win that gamen

You have unfortunately reverted back to justifying the managers selections, regardless of whether they are successful or unsuccessful, a mere week after telling us all that you were discussing who should replace Mowbray after the cup win. This is making your arguments inconsistent and utterly incomprehensible, for example your nonsense about Rothwell not starting the season due to poor form in pre-season. For one, he did impact on pre-season, but other attacking players notably Gallagher didnt yet you just blatantly ignore this. Similarly, nonsense about Rothwell not starting due to poor form, he has played one game, he was dropped from the start of the season.

Rothwell should have started the season in the side, in home games especially when the onus is on us to attack and create. He ended the season very well, and not only that, seemed to develop a good understanding with Dack which proved both entertaining to watch and effective. Good players bounce off each other.

Dack ultimately of course carries responsibility for his own performance, but as a team we have not played in a way that will suit him. Its far easier to man mark someone when they are the sole threat that a team is carrying. Throw in a Rothwell an/or a Chapman and it becomes far more easier to do that. Stick Gallagher wide solely to win flick ons and work hard, but offering zilch going forward and carrying no goal threat, and then its easier to focus on Dack.

No one is doubting the fact that the improvement in defence is very positive to see. People aren't criticising that aspect of the side, indeed people are praising it. But offensively we've scored 3 goals in 5 games, none of which were from open play, one being an own goal and one a penalty. No other Championship side has failed to score from open play, and to be honest in the main we havent looked like scoring very often. People criticising our attack are doing so because it is objectively not working at the moment.

There also is added focus on our attack, because off the back of spending what Mowbray has spent on our attack, there really is no excuse for us failing to offer a goal threat. I was very underwhelmed with the Gallagher signing, I didn't rate him much when he was here last time, he's certainly not going to fire a team into the top six. Mowbray also played him wide when he was appointed when Gallagher was here last time, partially out of necessity because of our squad at that time, and the goals and his (somewhat) effectiveness dried up. He went straight into the team v Charlton and in the 2 first games as a number 9, offered very little, never looking like scoring. Mowbray, presumably to ensure that he still gets into the team, has since shoehorned him in wide and again hes offered no threat at all. On the back of the Brereton fiasco, questions need to be asked. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I might have meant the wrong international break. Imo he's been well below par since the break prior to Preston away last season.

In her own words they split their time between Essex and Manchester.

Souness wouldn't have allowed it, the players were generally expected to rest if they weren't training or playing and I remember Ken Beamish telling me the players needed permission if they wanted to do the most innocuous of things such as make a brief appearance for charity etc.

Dack could do with being benched. Till he finds out where the trousers are.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Rubbish. You make privacy notifications or its open house.

People like Dacks girlfriend feed off publicity whether it's good or bad. Essentially they are Z listers and need to be in the public eye otherwise they'll be forgotten in a week.

The old maxim of 'no publicity is bad publicity' has never been more apt for these reality TV no marks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Rubbish. You make privacy notifications or its open house.

Exactly this. There's a massive difference between The Beckhams and The Pietersens.

Some chose to whore themselves out on social media and others chose a private life. Much like the mafia you are either in or out.

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

People like Dacks girlfriend feed off publicity whether it's good or bad. Essentially they are Z listers and need to be in the public eye otherwise they'll be forgotten in a week.

The old maxim of 'no publicity is bad publicity' has never been more apt for these reality TV no marks.

Thanks for that. I enjoyed that post.

Reading that article by his brain dead girlfriend about her "contributing" a lot to Towie as if she were discovering a cure for cancer was beginning to make me question my sanity.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Look at what he did for us last season and forget about your own preconceptions. He is far and away our best player and certainly one of the best players in the league. At the time Rhodes was our best player as well so I don’t understand where you’re going with that one. Remember we are unfashionable little old Blackburn Rovers so it’s not surprising that we don’t have a player in the team if the year. Anyway I think Dack is better than Norwood.

Stats show that he was involved in 22 of our goals last season! He is irreplaceable if he can get to that level of performance again this year.

DE89A5A4-ECCD-4EF3-9735-2A5D22C6F5E8.jpeg

• Like 2

• Backroom

I imagine almost every manager in this division would love to have Dack in their team. I've always been 100% against selling or dropping him as he has proven time and time again that he is a difference maker, and we have very few of those in our team. His form has undoubtedly declined in the past eight months or so but for the most part that has coincided with the entire team losing form so I'm not going to point the finger squarely at him. It shouldn't be up to one player to carry the team, but all too often it has been him who we've looked to when we need to score a goal, whether that's through an assist (usually to Graham) or getting on the scoresheet himself. 

He's working hard but he's ending up in positions where he can't be as effective as he should be. Mowbray needs to find a way to keep Dack closer to the opponent's penalty box rather than the centre circle, whilst maintaining our defensive solidity. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

Look at what he did for us last season and forget about your own preconceptions. He is far and away our best player and certainly one of the best players in the league. At the time Rhodes was our best player as well so I don’t understand where you’re going with that one. Remember we are unfashionable little old Blackburn Rovers so it’s not surprising that we don’t have a player in the team if the year. Anyway I think Dack is better than Norwood.

Stats show that he was involved in 22 of our goals last season! He is irreplaceable if he can get to that level of performance again this year.

DE89A5A4-ECCD-4EF3-9735-2A5D22C6F5E8.jpeg

It is ridiculous to suggest that Dack didnt get into team of the year because "we are unfashionable little old Blackburn" he didnt win our player of the season and didnt deserve to be in team of the season.

That being said, certainly agree with your sentiment about how good he is and how crucial he is, numbers like that are often under appreciated as we saw with Rhodes when we had a striker banging in 20 goals a season and people taking it for granted.

Just now, DE. said:

I imagine almost every manager in this division would love to have Dack in their team. I've always been 100% against selling or dropping him as he has proven time and time again that he is a difference maker, and we have very few of those in our team. His form has undoubtedly declined in the past eight months or so but for the most part that has coincided with the entire team losing form so I'm not going to point the finger squarely at him. It shouldn't be up to one player to carry the team, but all too often it has been him who we've looked to when we need to score a goal, whether that's through an assist (usually to Graham) or getting on the scoresheet himself. 

He's working hard but he's ending up in positions where he can't be as effective as he should be. Mowbray needs to find a way to keep Dack closer to the opponent's penalty box rather than the centre circle, whilst maintaining our defensive solidity. 

Personally I don’t think Dack contributes anything to our defensive solidity, no matter where he ends up. Being man-marked isn’t some unique hindrance to Dack, it’s a tactic as old as the game and he needs to show he can deal with it, either lose his man with clever movement or leave him on his arse, and score goals. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have unfortunately reverted back to justifying the managers selections, regardless of whether they are successful or unsuccessful, a mere week after telling us all that you were discussing who should replace Mowbray after the cup win. This is making your arguments inconsistent and utterly incomprehensible, for example your nonsense about Rothwell not starting the season due to poor form in pre-season. For one, he did impact on pre-season, but other attacking players notably Gallagher didnt yet you just blatantly ignore this. Similarly, nonsense about Rothwell not starting due to poor form, he has played one game, he was dropped from the start of the season.

Rothwell should have started the season in the side, in home games especially when the onus is on us to attack and create. He ended the season very well, and not only that, seemed to develop a good understanding with Dack which proved both entertaining to watch and effective. Good players bounce off each other.

Dack ultimately of course carries responsibility for his own performance, but as a team we have not played in a way that will suit him. Its far easier to man mark someone when they are the sole threat that a team is carrying. Throw in a Rothwell an/or a Chapman and it becomes far more easier to do that. Stick Gallagher wide solely to win flick ons and work hard, but offering zilch going forward and carrying no goal threat, and then its easier to focus on Dack.

No one is doubting the fact that the improvement in defence is very positive to see. People aren't criticising that aspect of the side, indeed people are praising it. But offensively we've scored 3 goals in 5 games, none of which were from open play, one being an own goal and one a penalty. No other Championship side has failed to score from open play, and to be honest in the main we havent looked like scoring very often. People criticising our attack are doing so because it is objectively not working at the moment.

There also is added focus on our attack, because off the back of spending what Mowbray has spent on our attack, there really is no excuse for us failing to offer a goal threat. I was very underwhelmed with the Gallagher signing, I didn't rate him much when he was here last time, he's certainly not going to fire a team into the top six. Mowbray also played him wide when he was appointed when Gallagher was here last time, partially out of necessity because of our squad at that time, and the goals and his (somewhat) effectiveness dried up. He went straight into the team v Charlton and in the 2 first games as a number 9, offered very little, never looking like scoring. Mowbray, presumably to ensure that he still gets into the team, has since shoehorned him in wide and again hes offered no threat at all. On the back of the Brereton fiasco, questions need to be asked. 

give it rest pal on your 1st paragraph. not going over it again. 

Having a Rothwell or Chapman in the team isn't going to stop someone like Warnock man marking Dack out of the game. 

Like I told you yesterday, we have gone back to basics to get points on the board. similar to what a Mark Hughes or Sam Allardyce would have done after losing the 1st 2 games. Would you have criticism them for doing this back in the PL days? of course you wouldn't have done so, so why do it now? 

You cant have it both ways pal, where you said you aren't bothered if wen play boring football and win, so why have you change your opinion after picking 7 points in 3 games in a week? 

We create 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and another day we would have at least 2 goals. 

And I think Gallagher has played well so far without scoring tho he had a couple of chances. Should have done better with a header at Fulham if my memory is serve me right and a chance against Boro which he didn't hit right. 

Yes Attacking wise we need to be better but we are building from the back by keeping clean sheets. We seem to much better now defensively then in the 1st 2 games which massive plus so far this season

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

It’s funny though isn’t it.

People think he’s great - but he is nullified as soon as he’s man-marked - and he has been subbed for tactical reasons in recent games.

Last season he was an unknown quantity and surprised a few people. I’ll say it again, he has a lot to do this season. Let’s hope everyone else is right and it’s just a loss of form.

Mowbray has thrown another huge wedge on a forward and it looks like he has to make it work. Instead of building a team to get the best out of Dack, we seem to be trying to use Gallagher as much as possible in a far more agricultural role. If Dack continues in this form and people still think he’s our best player then more questions need to be asked of Mowbray.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

give it rest pal on your 1st paragraph. not going over it again. 

Having a Rothwell or Chapman in the team isn't going to stop someone like Warnock man marking Dack out of the game. 

Like I told you yesterday, we have gone back to basics to get points on the board. similar to what a Mark Hughes or Sam Allardyce would have done after losing the 1st 2 games. Would you have criticism them for doing this back in the PL days? of course you wouldn't have done so, so why do it now? 

You cant have it both ways pal, where you said you aren't bothered if wen play boring football and win, so why have you change your opinion after picking 7 points in 3 games in a week? 

We create 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and another day we would have at least 2 goals. 

And I think Gallagher has played well so far without scoring tho he had a couple of chances. Should have done better with a header at Fulham if my memory is serve me right and a chance against Boro which he didn't hit right. 

Yes Attacking wise we need to be better but we are building from the back by keeping clean sheets. We seem to much better now defensively then in the 1st 2 games which massive plus so far this season

My main priority is always to win. BUT WE DIDNT WIN YESTERDAY!  My criticisms are on the back of yesterdays impotent attacking display, which was horrid to watch and not effective.

"Yes Attacking wise we need to be better" - Correct, much, much better.

Theres no need to repeatedly bring in our defensive display, I completely agree that its good to see us so well organised.

Having more effective attacking players does mean that its more difficult to stop Dack. Yesterday they man marked Dack fully in the knowledge that we had no attacking threat elsewhere. If Rothwell was running at them too, different story entirely. 

Gallagher has warranted 5 starts, offered no real goal threat yet hes done well, whereas in your mind Rothwell deserved to be dropped from the start of the season. Totally devoid of sense.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

It’s funny though isn’t it.

People think he’s great - but he is nullified as soon as he’s man-marked - and he has been subbed for tactical reasons in recent games.

IMV it's Rovers who have been found out, not Dack. Even the best players can be man marked out of a game if surrounded by team mates who aren't doing anything useful.

By the looks of things our closest attempt yesterday was from Derrick Williams (again). Says it all really. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

IMV it's Rovers who have been found out, not Dack. Even the best players can be man marked out of a game if surrounded by team mates who aren't doing anything useful.

Yep.

Let's have it right, ever since Dack joined the Club it's been a case of if he plays particularly well or even not particularly well but nevertheless pulls us out of the **** with a moment of magic we do ok.

If he doesn't we don't. And two years on it appears absolutely nothing has changed.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My main priority is always to win. BUT WE DIDNT WIN YESTERDAY!  My criticisms are on the back of yesterdays impotent attacking display, which was horrid to watch and not effective.

"Yes Attacking wise we need to be better" - Correct, much, much better.

Theres no need to repeatedly bring in our defensive display, I completely agree that its good to see us so well organised.

Having more effective attacking players does mean that its more difficult to stop Dack. Yesterday they man marked Dack fully in the knowledge that we had no attacking threat elsewhere. If Rothwell was running at them too, different story entirely. 

Gallagher has warranted 5 starts, offered no real goal threat yet hes done well, whereas in your mind Rothwell deserved to be dropped from the start of the season. Totally devoid of sense.

still 7 points from 3 games in a week and 3 clean sheets. If Sam Allardyce would have been manager and done which Mowbray has done this week you would be full of praise. Correct? 

Warnock picked his tactics before our team was announced. So even if Rothwell or Armstrong had been on pitch it would have very little impact on Dack being man marked out of the game.

Gallagher has had some chances as I told you before so your comment of "offered no real goal threat" is just wrong. I think Gallagher has been good so far in Rovers shirt

• Like 1

I would imagine our current tactic of using Gallagher as a long ball outlet is better suited to away games, when we need to push teams back and relieve pressure, as opposed to at home where the onus is on us to take the game to them. The sooner we can get Chapman to first team fitness the better. We need some proper wide players to give us that penetration instead of shoehorning strikers on the wing.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Amo said:

I would imagine our current tactic of using Gallagher as a long ball outlet is better suited to away games, when we need to push teams back and relieve pressure, as opposed to at home where the onus is on us to take the game to them. The sooner we can get Chapman to first team fitness the better. We need some proper wide players to give us that penetration instead of shoehorning strikers on the wing.

It's a nice idea, but from what we have seen of Mowbray that will never, ever happen. Strikers will be on the wings until the day he leaves the club.

• Like 6