Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alejandro Tapia

About Travis

Recommended Posts

Everybody talks now about Cunningham and about Johnson and yes defenetly they are doing a greatand repeat great work but...

I feel we ate forgoting some one thst has made a very good work indeed and that's Travis...he is improving and growing up with every single chance that he has had on last matches...

I'm sure he will be one of the most important players in our roster in a couple of years...

Now...talking about Cardiff it's go8ng to be very important if we want to have more and better chances if we try to keep and to steal the ball as much as we can and i have seen mote than one how Travis sacrifices and helps on the bottom of pitch as well

#TheMexicanRover 

#COYBB 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always rated Travis very highly. Already deffo starter for team for years to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the best business we did over summer was tying Travis down to a new deal. 

Doesn't mean that much if a really big Club were to come in but at least it prevented him leaving immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rovers1994 said:

hes a good player but god he needs to improve his passing gives it away constantly

If he does improve (not all young players do even though we always expect they will) he can go on to be a hell of a player.

The LT article today reminded me, he is still only 21. Johnson will be a great one for him to learn alongside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Probably the best business we did over summer was tying Travis down to a new deal. 

Doesn't mean that much if a really big Club were to come in but at least it prevented him leaving immediately.

It'll mean we get a better deal for him. It strengthens our hand enough that we may even end up keeping him longer as a result if nobody meets the higher asking price.

I don't see losing him as an imminent threat though, as he isn't that 'spectacular', eye-catching type of player. With him being a mid, that matters. We might be in trouble if he starts bending in a few 25-yarders though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rovers1994 said:

hes a good player but god he needs to improve his passing gives it away constantly

At least 50% of that is spatial awareness of colleagues which until recently has been very poor. When the ball is in central midfield of all places the player in possession should have two or three safe passing opportunities available.

Probably the squad got too used to the crabs in central midfield. Travis is much more ambitious to keep forward momentum so by definition his passes carry more risk but this doesn't absolve the others of showing to receive passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rovers1994 said:

hes a good player but god he needs to improve his passing gives it away constantly

Ritchie ?  Or his dad ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, philipl said:

At least 50% of that is spatial awareness of colleagues which until recently has been very poor. When the ball is in central midfield of all places the player in possession should have two or three safe passing opportunities available.

Probably the squad got too used to the crabs in central midfield. Travis is much more ambitious to keep forward momentum so by definition his passes carry more risk but this doesn't absolve the others of showing to receive passes.

Great point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved Mowbrays criticism about him after the match on sky

”he is a warrior I think he gives the ball away just so he can tackle them” 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rovers1994 said:

hes a good player but god he needs to improve his passing gives it away constantly

Yes but I have a theory about that...

I think he only gives it away so that he can win it back.

Tony thinks so too ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pick32 said:

Loved Mowbrays criticism about him after the match on sky

”he is a warrior I think he gives the ball away just so he can tackle them” 😂

Nice quip by Mowbray but in all seriousness I hope he recognises that he Travis is a proper player who gives the ball away on occasion because he is always available and tries to make things happen as opposed to a fraud like Evans who does the minimum possible and only passes the ball two yards sideways to the nearest player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving the ball away a bit too much sometimes after about 18 months or whatever of sporadic first team action is something to work on with a young player,  Giving it away too often after 5 - 10 years of first team action means it's time to be moved on and perhaps drop a level to somewhere it might not happen as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis Travis is fast becoming my favourite player for us. The levels of graft and enthusiasm are unrivalled. 

If he adds more goals to his game, I fear he won’t be with us for much longer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Lewis Travis is fast becoming my favourite player for us. The levels of graft and enthusiasm are unrivalled. 

If he adds more goals to his game, I fear he won’t be with us for much longer!

More goals? Has he scored yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Norwich away last season

Oh yeah I cast that game from my mind as we were terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No

 

But reading above funny how everyone really rated Johnson when he started, his form definitely faded away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, philipl said:

What happened to Travis?

Picked up a knee injury last night. Apparently might need surgery.

He'll be a big miss. I'm just hoping it's not a cruciate injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.